DRS4 Forum
  DRS4 Discussion Forum, Page 15 of 42  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Dateup Author Subject
  290   Thu Sep 5 10:01:00 2013 Andrey KuznetsovSome bug fixes and questions

#11 0x080589de in DRSBoard::GetWave (this=0xb7456008, chipIndex=0, channel=0 '\000', waveform=0x40f24000, responseCalib=true, triggerCell=207, wsr=0, adjustToClock=false, threshold=1, offsetCalib=true) at src/DRS.cpp:3380

This is calling:

int GetWave(unsigned int chipIndex, unsigned char channel, float *waveform, bool responseCalib, int triggerCell = -1, int wsr = -1, bool adjustToClock = false, float threshold = 0, bool offsetCalib = true);

from DRS.cpp:
return GetWave(chipIndex, channel, waveform, true, fStopCell[chipIndex], false, 0, true);

false=0
true=1

As you can see offsetCalib ends up being defined by default, threshold set to 1 because of true, adjustToClock is false set by 0, wsr is 0 set by false, however threshold is never used with DRS4 eval board. So although it doesn't affect data retrieval, it's just dumb luck the function ends up being called with parameters that matter being exactly what they were meant to be.

  291   Mon Sep 9 06:49:36 2013 Andrey KuznetsovSome bug fixes and questions

The DRSCallback *pcb is missing an if statement in the code when DRS Oscilloscope software isn't used when calibrating in function: int DRSBoard::CalibrateTiming(DRSCallback *pcb)

I had to add if (pcb != NULL) before each pcb call, like other functions are using so that the program doesn't segfault when the function is called like b->CalibrateTiming(NULL);

 

That's the only function that's missing this if statement for DRSCallback *pcb call, and there are 2 calls in this function to pcb that need fixing.

  292   Tue Sep 10 10:31:30 2013 Akira OkumuraUSB connection stops
Hello the DRS4 team,

I and some of my colleagues are using DRS4 evaluation boards (ver. 3) for the R&D of the Cherenkov Telescope Array project. During 
our PMT measurements, we have encountered a problem which is probably related to USB connection. In fact, I cannot reproduce this 
problem with my Linux virtual machine (Scientific Linux 5 64 bit), but other colleagues from three different universities in Japan 
reported the same problem with their real machines.

=== Short Summary ===
DRSBoard::SetFrequency occasionally stops

=== Environment ===
- drs-3.0.0
- Scientific Linux 5.5 (32 bit)
- lib-usb-devel-0.1.12-5.1.i386

=== Steps to Reproduce the Problem ===
1. Compile the attached file drs_simple.cpp with drs-3.0.0
2. Repeat the following command several times from a terminal

$ drs_simple -0.05 1000 ./outputfilename.dat true 2.

3. The above command may stop. In that case, you need to kill the command by Ctrl-C.

=== Comments ===
- Once the command stops, we cannot run the above command properly.
- If we unplug and plug the USB cable again, the command can be executed again.
- It seems that the program stops inside DRSBoard::SetFrequency

I would very appreciate it if you could give me any advise. If you need further information, please let me know.

Akira
  293   Wed Sep 11 02:41:28 2013 Andrey KuznetsovUSB connection stops
Hi,

although I don't have a chance to test your code, it looks very similar to what I am using.

I can confirm that the DRS4 communication breaks down if the program talking to the DRS4 is closed abruptly or before is has a chance 
to properly execute "delete drs" where it closes the USB connection.

For me if I terminate the program that's using DRS4, the next time I might or might not be able to connect to the DRS4 because I would 
get a magic number or the program would just stop. The DRS4 eval board needs to be restarted via pulling the plug if the orange LED is 
not ON.

I have tried to power down the DRS4 board via software under SL6 linux, but the reality is that the DRS4 eval board is powered directly 
by the 5V USB rail off the computer, and you cannot software control that, you can only suspend the communication of the USB 
port/device.

So I don't have a solution to fix this issue, but my best advice is to change your software such that it calls "delete drs" to 
terminate the USB connection before you close or terminate the program.

Oh and I have not tried running multiple programs at the same time to see if that might be causing the issue as well. The usb library 
might simply error out saying the device is inaccessible because it's being used.

> Hello the DRS4 team,
> 
> I and some of my colleagues are using DRS4 evaluation boards (ver. 3) for the R&D of the Cherenkov Telescope Array project. During 
> our PMT measurements, we have encountered a problem which is probably related to USB connection. In fact, I cannot reproduce this 
> problem with my Linux virtual machine (Scientific Linux 5 64 bit), but other colleagues from three different universities in Japan 
> reported the same problem with their real machines.
> 
> === Short Summary ===
> DRSBoard::SetFrequency occasionally stops
> 
> === Environment ===
> - drs-3.0.0
> - Scientific Linux 5.5 (32 bit)
> - lib-usb-devel-0.1.12-5.1.i386
> 
> === Steps to Reproduce the Problem ===
> 1. Compile the attached file drs_simple.cpp with drs-3.0.0
> 2. Repeat the following command several times from a terminal
> 
> $ drs_simple -0.05 1000 ./outputfilename.dat true 2.
> 
> 3. The above command may stop. In that case, you need to kill the command by Ctrl-C.
> 
> === Comments ===
> - Once the command stops, we cannot run the above command properly.
> - If we unplug and plug the USB cable again, the command can be executed again.
> - It seems that the program stops inside DRSBoard::SetFrequency
> 
> I would very appreciate it if you could give me any advise. If you need further information, please let me know.
> 
> Akira
  294   Mon Sep 23 09:22:52 2013 Andrzej RychterSampling Frequency: DRS4 eval board

Is it possible to set sampling frequency at 100 MHz in DRS4 eval board? Trying to set 0.1GHz in Osci program results in around 0.7 GHz. In drscl.exe i'm able to set freq at 0.1GHz but calibration is impossible.

Thank For Help!

Andrzej Rychter

  295   Mon Sep 23 09:26:56 2013 Stefan RittSampling Frequency: DRS4 eval board

Andrzej Rychter wrote:

Is it possible to set sampling frequency at 100 MHz in DRS4 eval board? Trying to set 0.1GHz in Osci program results in around 0.7 GHz. In drscl.exe i'm able to set freq at 0.1GHz but calibration is impossible.

Thank For Help!

Andrzej Rychter

700 MHz is the minimal sampling frequency. If you need 100 MHz, just buy a "normal" commercial ADC.

 

Best regards,

Stefan 

  296   Mon Sep 23 09:51:48 2013 Andrzej RychterSampling Frequency: DRS4 eval board

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Andrzej Rychter wrote:

Is it possible to set sampling frequency at 100 MHz in DRS4 eval board? Trying to set 0.1GHz in Osci program results in around 0.7 GHz. In drscl.exe i'm able to set freq at 0.1GHz but calibration is impossible.

Thank For Help!

Andrzej Rychter

700 MHz is the minimal sampling frequency. If you need 100 MHz, just buy a "normal" commercial ADC.

 

Best regards,

Stefan 

 OK!

Thanks for fast reply.

Andrzej

  297   Wed Sep 25 14:42:00 2013 Akira OkumuraUSB connection stops
Hello Andrey,

Thank you for your advise. But we never terminated the program before closing and deleting the DRS object. What we did was just executing the program multiple times 
repeatedly.

Akira
  298   Mon Oct 21 14:43:21 2013 Stephane DebieuxDRS4 analog outputs - interfacing DRS4 to AD9222 ADC

Hi,

I wish to interface the DRS4 with the 8-channel ADC AD9222 (or AD9637).

I'm reading from the DRS4 datasheet that "the analog output of the DRS4 chip has been designed to match directly the input of the AD9222". OUT+ output of DRS4 is in the range from 0.8V to 1.8V and OUT- output is shifted by the voltage applied to the O-OFS pin.

The span of the AD9222 ADC core is defined by REFT and REFB which are resp. 1.4V and 0.4V in a typical case (AVDD=1.8V, VREF=1V). My understanding is that the ADC analog inputs must be within the voltage range defined by REFT and REFB and so I don't quite see how this matches the DRS4 outputs.

Can we use the full-scale range indeed? Do we have to use AC-coupling with mid-supply bias? What is the point I missed?

Thank you for your help.

 

  299   Wed Nov 6 11:53:28 2013 Dmitry Hitsflickering screen for drsosc

Hi,

 

I have install drs software on ASUS EeeBox with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. When I try to use ./drsosc the oscilloscope window flickers. Can you suggest what might be the problem?

 

Here is some more info:

******************************************************

System:

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Memory: 992.9 MiB

CPU: Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.6GHz x 2

32 Bit

Disc: 156.5 GB

***************************************

Software:

Due to version Ubuntu I had to install the wxWidgets from source (wxWidgets with x11)

 

Thank you,

 

Dmitry.

  300   Wed Nov 6 12:25:31 2013 Stefan Rittflickering screen for drsosc

Dmitry Hits wrote:

Hi,

 

I have install drs software on ASUS EeeBox with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. When I try to use ./drsosc the oscilloscope window flickers. Can you suggest what might be the problem?

 

Here is some more info:

******************************************************

System:

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Memory: 992.9 MiB

CPU: Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.6GHz x 2

32 Bit

Disc: 156.5 GB

***************************************

Software:

Due to version Ubuntu I had to install the wxWidgets from source (wxWidgets with x11)

 

Thank you,

 

Dmitry.

This problem is new. Even on a slower Raspberry Pi we did not see any flickering. Have you tried a different version of wxWidgets? 

  301   Wed Nov 6 16:35:42 2013 Stefan Ritt 

lengchongyang wrote:

lengchongyang wrote:

  Hello everyone!I'm a new user of DRS4 board,but it seems that some files are missing in my demo project.So I hope someone could help me by sending a correct VHDL hardware project to my Email:lcyiss900@gmail.com.Thanks in advance!

T

 

 I checked my project today and I think I need the file USR_LIB_VEC_IOFD_CPE_NALL.I don't know if is it a VHD files or a IP core.

I'll be extremely grateful.

 USR_LIB_VEC_IOFD_CPE_NALL is defined in firmware/srs/usr_lib.vhd which is part of the software package.

  302   Thu Nov 14 11:39:06 2013 SchabloCascading of channels

 Hello,  I want use cascading of channels for 2048 cell - SetChannelConfig(0,8,4), but i can't understand how . Please, help me. Where i can dowload 2048_mode.ppt. (I found information about this file in DRS.cpp  (3445 line  "/ combine two halfs correctly, see 2048_mode.ppt")

Best regards,

Schablo Kostya 

  303   Thu Nov 14 12:51:56 2013 Stefan RittCascading of channels

Schablo wrote:

 Hello,  I want use cascading of channels for 2048 cell - SetChannelConfig(0,8,4), but i can't understand how . Please, help me. Where i can dowload 2048_mode.ppt. (I found information about this file in DRS.cpp  (3445 line  "/ combine two halfs correctly, see 2048_mode.ppt")

Best regards,

Schablo Kostya 

You have to combine two channels into one, and depending on where the domino wave stopped, things get a bit complicated. I attach 2048_mode.ppt for your reference, but am not sure if this will really help.

/Stefan 

  304   Mon Nov 18 11:20:15 2013 Dmitry Hitsflickering screen for drsosc

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Dmitry Hits wrote:

Hi,

 

I have install drs software on ASUS EeeBox with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. When I try to use ./drsosc the oscilloscope window flickers. Can you suggest what might be the problem?

 

Here is some more info:

******************************************************

System:

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Memory: 992.9 MiB

CPU: Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.6GHz x 2

32 Bit

Disc: 156.5 GB

***************************************

Software:

Due to version Ubuntu I had to install the wxWidgets from source (wxWidgets with x11)

 

Thank you,

 

Dmitry.

This problem is new. Even on a slower Raspberry Pi we did not see any flickering. Have you tried a different version of wxWidgets? 

yes the problem was in wxWidgets, I have downgraded the ubuntu version and installed packaged version of wxWidgets. Now it works without problems.

Thank you,

Dmitry. 

  305   Mon Nov 18 15:49:01 2013 Dmitry Hitssynchronisation of readouts of two boards for offline analysis

 Dear Stefan,

I am trying to synchronise the readout of two test boards, one is the DRS4 test board, the other is PSI46 test board (used for the readout of  CMS pixel chip) for the offline analysis. I think that the most secure way to accomplish this is to pass a trigger number from one test board to the other.

The PSI46 test board has a software which allows it to accept a 16 bit number following the trigger pulse. I was wondering whether it would be possible for DRS4 board to generate such a trigger number on the trigger out line after sending the trigger. Also would it be possible to record this trigger number for every event stored by DRS4 board?

If none of this possible or requires a lot of time, then as a minimum, would it be possible to send-through only the triggers that were recorded by the DRS4 board?

Please let me know if you have better idea how to do this.

Thank you very much,

Dmitry.

  306   Mon Nov 18 16:00:26 2013 Stefan Rittsynchronisation of readouts of two boards for offline analysis

Dmitry Hits wrote:

 Dear Stefan,

I am trying to synchronise the readout of two test boards, one is the DRS4 test board, the other is PSI46 test board (used for the readout of  CMS pixel chip) for the offline analysis. I think that the most secure way to accomplish this is to pass a trigger number from one test board to the other.

The PSI46 test board has a software which allows it to accept a 16 bit number following the trigger pulse. I was wondering whether it would be possible for DRS4 board to generate such a trigger number on the trigger out line after sending the trigger. Also would it be possible to record this trigger number for every event stored by DRS4 board?

If none of this possible or requires a lot of time, then as a minimum, would it be possible to send-through only the triggers that were recorded by the DRS4 board?

Please let me know if you have better idea how to do this.

Thank you very much,

Dmitry.

There are indeed several methods. You can output the trigger number at the DRS evaluation board via the trigger output, but you would have to implement this yourself in the firmware.

The send-though of recorded triggers is already implemented in the board, so you could use that. The only thing to make sure is to to readout and re-enable the PSI46 board before you readout the DRS4 board. If you would first read the DRS4 board, and re-enable the DRS4 board via StartDomino(), then there could be the next trigger going through to the PSI46 board without that board being ready. So the sequence is

- connect trigger out of DRS4 to PSI46

- arm PSI46 board

- arm DRS4 board

- wait for trigger by calling IsBusy()

- read out PSI46 board

- read out DRS4 board

- call StartDomino(), which re-enables also the trigger though

 

Best regards,

Stefan

  307   Tue Nov 19 04:33:22 2013 Andriy ZatserklyaniyDRSOsc at Mac OS X Mavericks

 I installed Mac OS package on macbook (late 2013). DRSOsc starts to write file but freezes; need to be restarted to restore connection with DRS4 evaluation board (ordered Aug 2011). 

When I ran from the command line, I see these messages:

phone$ /Applications/DRSOsc.app/Contents/MacOS/DRSOsc

2013-11-18 15:11:31.278 DRSOsc[96539:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Lucida Grande" and got font with PostScript name "LucidaGrande". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

2013-11-18 15:11:31.279 DRSOsc[96539:507] CoreText performance note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSuboptimalRequest to debug.

2013-11-18 15:11:31.281 DRSOsc[96539:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Lucida Grande" and got font with PostScript name "LucidaGrande". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

2013-11-18 15:11:31.283 DRSOsc[96539:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Lucida Grande" and got font with PostScript name "LucidaGrande". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

2013-11-18 15:11:31.285 DRSOsc[96539:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Lucida Grande" and got font with PostScript name "LucidaGrande". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

0 - 0.250

1 - 0.250

2 - 0.250

3 - 0.250

0 - 0.250

1 - 0.250

2 - 0.250

3 - 0.250

2013-11-18 15:11:32.933 DRSOsc[96539:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Lucida Grande" and got font with PostScript name "LucidaGrande". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

...

...

 

and these:

 

musb_write: requested 10, wrote 0, errno -4 (Unknown error: -4)

musb_read error 0

musb_write: requested 10, wrote 0, errno -4 (Unknown error: -4)

musb_read error 0

...

...

 

I tried to compile Linux package, but got error messages:

 

drs-4.0.1$ make

cc -g -O2 -Wall -Wuninitialized -fno-strict-aliasing -Iinclude -I/opt/local/include -DOS_DARWIN -DHAVE_USB -DHAVE_LIBUSB10 -DUSE_DRS_MUTEX -c src/musbstd.c

cc -g -O2 -Wall -Wuninitialized -fno-strict-aliasing -Iinclude -I/opt/local/include -DOS_DARWIN -DHAVE_USB -DHAVE_LIBUSB10 -DUSE_DRS_MUTEX -c src/mxml.c

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:27:14: error: expected parameter declarator

size_t EXPRT strlcpy(char *dst, const char *src, size_t size);

             ^

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'

  __builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:62: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                                                             ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:30:32: note: expanded from macro '_USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL'

#    define _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 2

                               ^

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:27:14: error: expected ')'

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'

  __builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:62: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                                                             ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:30:32: note: expanded from macro '_USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL'

#    define _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 2

                               ^

include/strlcpy.h:27:14: note: to match this '('

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'

  __builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:53: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                                                    ^

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:27:14: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to 'int' [-Wimplicit-int]

size_t EXPRT strlcpy(char *dst, const char *src, size_t size);

             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'

  __builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:31: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:27:14: error: conflicting types for '__builtin___strlcpy_chk'

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:3: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'

  __builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

  ^

include/strlcpy.h:27:14: note: '__builtin___strlcpy_chk' is a builtin with type 'unsigned long (char *, const char *, unsigned long, unsigned long)'

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:3: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'

  __builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

  ^

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:28:14: error: expected parameter declarator

size_t EXPRT strlcat(char *dst, const char *src, size_t size);

             ^

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:111:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcat'

  __builtin___strlcat_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:62: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                                                             ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:30:32: note: expanded from macro '_USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL'

#    define _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 2

                               ^

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:28:14: error: expected ')'

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:111:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcat'

  __builtin___strlcat_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:62: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                                                             ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:30:32: note: expanded from macro '_USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL'

#    define _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 2

                               ^

include/strlcpy.h:28:14: note: to match this '('

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:111:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcat'

  __builtin___strlcat_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:53: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                                                    ^

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:28:14: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to 'int' [-Wimplicit-int]

size_t EXPRT strlcat(char *dst, const char *src, size_t size);

             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:111:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcat'

  __builtin___strlcat_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:31: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In file included from src/mxml.c:79:

include/strlcpy.h:28:14: error: conflicting types for '__builtin___strlcat_chk'

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:111:3: note: expanded from macro 'strlcat'

  __builtin___strlcat_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

  ^

include/strlcpy.h:28:14: note: '__builtin___strlcat_chk' is a builtin with type 'unsigned long (char *, const char *, unsigned long, unsigned long)'

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:111:3: note: expanded from macro 'strlcat'

  __builtin___strlcat_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

  ^

2 warnings and 6 errors generated.

make: *** [mxml.o] Error 1

 

 

What the best way to build DRSOsc on the Mac OS X?

 

Thanks,

Andriy.

  308   Tue Nov 19 09:09:01 2013 Stefan RittDRSOsc at Mac OS X Mavericks

Andriy Zatserklyaniy wrote:

I installed Mac OS package on macbook (late 2013). DRSOsc starts to write file but freezes; need to be restarted to restore connection with DRS4 evaluation board (ordered Aug 2011). 

DRSOsc seems broken on OSX 10.9. I'm working on this right now. Some of the problems are related to wxWidgets, so I'm waiting for a new version running stably under OSX 10.9. The compilation problem related to "strlcpy" comes from the fact that OSX 10.9 now comes with its own version of that function, while all previous versions did not. So simply removing strlcpy.h/c from the project fixes that.

There will be a new version of DRSOsc next month which fixes all this problems, so just stay tuned.

/Stefan 

  309   Tue Nov 19 21:49:37 2013 Andriy ZatserklyaniyDRSOsc at Mac OS X Mavericks

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Andriy Zatserklyaniy wrote:

I installed Mac OS package on macbook (late 2013). DRSOsc starts to write file but freezes; need to be restarted to restore connection with DRS4 evaluation board (ordered Aug 2011). 

DRSOsc seems broken on OSX 10.9. I'm working on this right now. Some of the problems are related to wxWidgets, so I'm waiting for a new version running stably under OSX 10.9. The compilation problem related to "strlcpy" comes from the fact that OSX 10.9 now comes with its own version of that function, while all previous versions did not. So simply removing strlcpy.h/c from the project fixes that.

There will be a new version of DRSOsc next month which fixes all this problems, so just stay tuned.

/Stefan 

 I will have beam test next week :-(

I installed wxWidgets-3.0 using MacPorts (and libusb too). After removing strlcpy and hacking of Makefile I managed to build MacOS application. 

 

When I launch DRSOsc.app/Contents/MacOS/DRSOsc from terminal, I see constantly pouring messages about fonts:

2013-11-19 12:21:22.232 DRSOsc[99520:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Lucida Grande" and got font with PostScript name "LucidaGrande". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

2013-11-19 12:21:22.275 DRSOsc[99520:507] CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Lucida Grande" and got font with PostScript name "LucidaGrande". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

...

How may I get rid of them?

 

Another problem: I was not able to save data in binary (*.dat) file. I used DRSOsc settings to set binary format, I specified explicit extension *.dat, tried everything (including hiding extension), but was not able to save in binary format. Do I need to apply some trick? How may I hardcode usage of the binary format?

Thanks,

Andriy.

ELOG V3.1.4-80633ba