Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 192 of 236  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by PJ Meyer on Fri Jul 22 03:15:29 2005 
Q: How can dates be exported correctly in CSV and XML?
In windows version I'm getting the Unix seconds since 1970.
XML export:
    icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jul 22 08:56:20 2005 
[quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

Simply upgrade to 2.6.0beta where this problem has been solved.
       icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by PJ Meyer on Mon Jul 25 19:15:33 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

Simply upgrade to 2.6.0beta where this problem has been solved.[/quote]
          icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 25 20:20:18 2005 
[quote="PJ Meyer"][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by PJ Meyer on Mon Jul 25 22:27:06 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="PJ Meyer"]So what can be done to make all the dates look like dates?[/quote]

icon2.gif   Re: Date in CSV and XML in UNIX time, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Jul 26 09:25:40 2005 
[quote="PJ Meyer"]Q: could it be the spaces in Attribute name????
Or the differences between Linux and Windows ports?[/quote]
icon5.gif   Literal comma in elogd.conf entries where "," is an item separator?, posted by Chris Green on Mon Jul 25 19:24:47 2005 
Hi,

Could you tell me if there is a way to escape characters in elogd.conf? Particularly, I want to have a drop-down "Keyword" attribute where one of the options
    icon2.gif   Re: Literal comma in elogd.conf entries where "," is an item separator?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 25 20:25:26 2005 
[quote="Chris Green"]Could you tell me if there is a way to escape characters in elogd.conf? Particularly, I want to have a drop-down "Keyword" attribute
where one of the options is "Spelling, grammar and typos.". This invariably gets split into "Spelling" and "grammar and typos". I've tried "\,", ",,",
"%," and "%27", to no avail.[/quote]
       icon2.gif   Re: Literal comma in elogd.conf entries where "," is an item separator?, posted by Chris Green on Mon Jul 25 21:41:00 2005 
Sorry for being dense. Thanks for this,

Chris.
icon1.gif   A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 15:58:07 2005 
A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1"

icon2.gif   Re: A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 14 17:29:42 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1"

icon2.gif   Re: A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 19:16:06 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1"

icon2.gif   Re: A new ELOG user wants to register on "127.0.0.1", posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Jul 23 15:46:06 2005 
Ok, I kind of misunderstood the "-n" parameter. It is the interface to listen to, which is not necessarily the host name as seen from outside. I changed
that in the following way:
icon4.gif   Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 18 10:16:35 2005 
rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

[CODE]Display Subject               = <b>$subject</b>[/CODE]
    icon4.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 18 18:36:32 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 22:39:05 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 21 11:02:44 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 22:28:14 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon2.gif   Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 21 11:00:47 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:

icon1.gif   [code] should be a sort of <CDATA >, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Jul 13 15:09:48 2005 
Using the \[code] elocode should be intended also to preserve the tagged text from beeing parsed as html or elcode itself ..

this is an example:
    icon2.gif   Re: [code] should be a sort of <CDATA >, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 21:43:56 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Using the \[code] elocode should be intended also to preserve the tagged text from beeing parsed as html or elcode itself ..

this is an example:
       icon2.gif   Re: [code] should be a sort of <CDATA >, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 21 10:59:22 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Using the \[code] elocode should be intended also to preserve the tagged text from beeing parsed as html
or elcode itself ..
icon4.gif   elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header, posted by Heiko Scheit on Mon Jul 11 19:04:38 2005 
The 'elog' utility for commandline submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header.
The host listed after 'Host:' should be the host where the server runs, not the 
localhost (see patch below).
    icon4.gif   Re: elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jul 12 10:15:30 2005 
> The 'elog' utility for commandline submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header.
> The host listed after 'Host:' should be the host where the server runs, not the 
> localhost (see patch below).
       icon2.gif   Re: elog utility for submission used wrong 'Host:' in POST header, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 21:03:29 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]This is not completally true IMHO .. better, it is, but it is not the only problem.

Elog seems to speak HTML/1.0, where "host:" is not implemented ... Since ELOG does [B]not[/B] support Vhosts I think the right beaviour is to [U]remove
icon3.gif   Cannot stat() config file , posted by Stefan Rudat on Wed Jul 20 08:32:06 2005 
Hi 

Elog runs now for serveral month without any problem at a Windows 2000 server.
    icon2.gif   Re: Cannot stat() config file , posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 20 20:13:26 2005 
[quote="Stefan Rudat"]Cannot stat() config file; No such file or directory.[/quote]

I do not know what exactly is going on. This error occurs during runtime when elog tries to check if the config file (usually elogd.cfg) has changed. It
icon1.gif   short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 12:47:06 2005 
.. I mean that if I use:

[CODE]
    icon1.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 13:05:33 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"].. I mean that if I use:

[CODE]
    icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 14 17:34:12 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]In my case I changed it by error, people inserted entries and now I restored the correct one .. so now I have to unlock the
attribute and change every Author by hand as admin
:-)[/quote]
       icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jul 14 19:11:54 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]In my case I changed it by error, people inserted entries and now I restored the correct one .. so now
I have to unlock the attribute and change every Author by hand as admin
:-)[/quote]
          icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 14 20:24:07 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]uhm..  I think the confusion intrinsict in elog between long and short name is something to be solved ..
an attribute of type "userlist" fills always with the long_name .. but if I would to insert it as short ?
             icon2.gif   Re: short/long_name should point the same user, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Fri Jul 15 15:03:01 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]uhm..  I think the confusion intrinsict in elog between long and short name is something to be solved ..
an attribute of type "userlist" fills always with the long_name .. but if I would to insert it as short ?
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6