Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 194 of 236  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon1.gif   [BUG] attach=1 and inline imgs, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 4 18:46:25 2005 elog-showattach_bug.jpg
There is a little difference in the way elog treats attachment's display in list and single message view...
It has to be, but some beaviours can be seen as bugs:
    icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] attach=1 and inline imgs, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Jul 5 22:35:52 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]There is a little difference in the way elog treats attachment's display in list and single message view...
It has to be, but some beaviours can be seen as bugs:
icon4.gif   [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Jun 22 11:04:41 2005 
the new link "show only new entries" is very useful but seems to still have some problems:

[LIST]
    icon4.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 22:44:03 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]the new link "show only new entries" is very useful but seems to still have some problems:

[LIST]
       icon4.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:09:12 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]the new link "show only new entries" is very useful but seems to still have some problems:

[LIST]
          icon4.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jul 4 12:16:13 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"][quote="Stefan Ritt"]

I added a "Show all entries" link to go back.
             icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 4 22:44:03 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Just tested the rev 1.686 .. now the link is displayed, but following the "Show only last" link the "attach=1" setting in the
URL I use is removed, not being able to have inline attachment in full view.  They are displayed again when turning back to "Show all entries"[/quote]
                icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jul 5 11:32:34 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]Just tested the rev 1.686 .. now the link is displayed, but following the "Show only last" link the "attach=1"
setting in the URL I use is removed, not being able to have inline attachment in full view.  They are displayed again when turning back to "Show all entries"[/quote]
                   icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] show only new entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Jul 5 11:51:14 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]the following patch has to be applied over the one of you to complete it :-)[/quote]

Ok, done.
icon4.gif   [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Thu Jun 23 11:03:18 2005 elog-calendar-test_1.jpg
it seems that the select box of quick filters are showing also the "{n}" appended to the Attributes in order to obtain conditional Attributes ... 

see the snapshot attached
    icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 22:23:50 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]it seems that the select box of quick filters are showing also the "{n}" appended to the Attributes in order to obtain conditional
Attributes ... 
       icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:16:37 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]it seems that the select box of quick filters are showing also the "{n}" appended to the Attributes in
order to obtain conditional Attributes ... 
          icon2.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:19:05 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]it seems that the select box of quick filters are showing also the "{n}" appended
to the Attributes in order to obtain conditional Attributes ... 
             icon14.gif   Re: [BUG] quick filter, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 27 15:37:25 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"][quote="Stefan Ritt"]

Fixed in current CVS.
icon5.gif   Cloning, posted by Gerfried Kumbartzki on Fri Jun 17 20:30:53 2005 
Elog is installed on a laptop (Redhat Linux 2.4.20-8) for quite a while. I like to have a "base" of that logbook on a server and keep it
in sync. Mirroring seem to be the perfect solution. For that I updated to elog v2.6.0 yesterday.

icon2.gif   Re: Cloning, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 17 22:08:28 2005 
[quote="Gerfried Kumbartzki"]The elogd.cfg has a read and write passwd set. Any user can access the logbook, read and write after providing the proper user
id and password.[/quote]
       icon2.gif   Re: Cloning, posted by Gerfried Kumbartzki on Wed Jun 22 18:34:18 2005 
Thank you for the suggestions; I commented the read and write passwd in elogd.cfg out and only then I was able to clone
(elogd -v -C http://laptop:8080) the logbook to the new server. 
But this is only part of the story. The logbook on the labtop is owned by the
          icon2.gif   Re: Cloning, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 21:24:55 2005 
[quote="Gerfried Kumbartzki"]But this is only part of the story. The logbook on the labtop is owned by the
default user elog and default group elog, that is needed to start up the elogd. Only a user "elog" can do the cloning, unless temporarily the owner ship
in /usr/local/elog is changed.  I made it work by temporarily changing the owner ship on both machines, did the cloning, changed back to owner elog, started
icon4.gif   elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Heiko Scheit on Wed May 18 14:18:07 2005 
When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
crashes with segmentation fault.  I don't have the time currently to give you more
debuging information but maybe you can have a look the same.  It crashes after 
    icon4.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sat Jun 4 12:25:57 2005 
[quote="Heiko Scheit"]When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
crashes with segmentation fault.  I don't have the time currently to give you more
       icon4.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Heiko Scheit on Thu Jun 9 15:20:04 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Heiko Scheit"]When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
          icon2.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 17 22:33:29 2005 
[quote="Heiko Scheit"]The following appended after the base (!) URL results in a segmentation fault

[CODE]
             icon2.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Heiko Scheit on Tue Jun 21 19:24:58 2005 
[quote]
Thanks for that info. It helped me debugging things. The problem is that the "activation" URL does not contain a logbook if there is a global password
file. I have never tried that so of course it crashes ;(
                icon2.gif   email flagged as spam, posted by Heiko Scheit on Tue Jun 21 19:38:06 2005 
[quote="Heiko Scheit"]
I also saw that the format of the email notification has changed.  As
I have scripts (bash, akw, procmail) that depend on this format I
                   icon2.gif   email flagged as spam, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 21:15:14 2005 
[quote="Heiko Scheit"]
X-Spam-Score: 4.875 (****) ADDRESS_IN_SUBJECT, BAYES_00,HTML_40_50,
    HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24, HTML_MESSAGE, MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY,
                icon2.gif   Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 21:02:05 2005 
[quote="Heiko Scheit"]Not really, unless you have a fixed 2.5.9 version.  Version 2.6 has
way too many new features, which I don't want at the moment.  Or is
there a config option to get the old behavior?
icon6.gif   prevent CVS and XML exports , posted by Paul Paquette on Mon Jun 20 04:29:57 2005 
Hello Again,

I'm being asked to do the impossible to list the Assessing Dept Data but not letting people download the whole database.  This way they can lookup
    icon6.gif   Re: prevent CVS and XML exports , posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 24 20:45:41 2005 
[quote="Paul Paquette"]I'm being asked to do the impossible to list the Assessing Dept Data but not letting people download the whole database.  This way
they can lookup the info the Town uses to assess their property.  The Town’s Selectmen have stopped paying for the company who hosted the database and
the software they used.  Now I'm asked to do the same service in house with out funds and without resorces.  Hence the question.  
icon1.gif   Menu text ignored??, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Tue Jun 7 15:48:53 2005 
I tried to insert a row in the menu but it seems to totally ignore the command ...
both inserting a filename and simply typeing "Menu text = <b>PIPPO</b>" brings to a page with *no* "PIPPO" in the HTML source ... 
    icon1.gif   Re: Menu text ignored??, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Wed Jun 8 16:48:59 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]I tried to insert a row in the menu but it seems to totally ignore the command ...
both inserting a filename and simply typeing "Menu text = <b>PIPPO</b>" brings to a page with *no* "PIPPO" in the HTML source ... 
       icon1.gif   Re: Menu text ignored??, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jun 17 22:37:59 2005 
[quote="Emiliano Gabrielli"]uh oh ... just maked some tests before posting ... "Find Menu text" does my job !!!?!?!!!!   why "Find" in the name?  it is
displayed in the list view, not Find ... Am I completely out?[/quote]
          icon1.gif   Re: Menu text ignored??, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 20 09:59:10 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"]
Well, maybe I should allow both options "Find menu text" [b]and[/b] "List menu text", change it in the documentation, and in a year from now remove the
"Find menu text".[/quote]
icon5.gif   prevent CVS and XML exports, posted by Paul Paquette on Sat Jun 18 23:14:51 2005 
Hello All and Happy Father's Day,

How do I prevent Anonymous Users from exporting the Data when using the search funtion?
    icon2.gif   Re: prevent CVS and XML exports, posted by Stefan Ritt on Sun Jun 19 20:50:16 2005 
[quote="Paul Paquette"]Hello All and Happy Father's Day,

How do I prevent Anonymous Users from exporting the Data when using the search funtion?
       icon2.gif   Re: prevent CVS and XML exports, posted by Emiliano Gabrielli on Mon Jun 20 09:56:28 2005 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Paul Paquette"]Hello All and Happy Father's Day,

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6