Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 197 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon14.gif   Re: "Slow script" problem posting/editing from Safari -- browser hangs, times out, posted by Michael Kelsey on Sun Apr 15 08:03:21 2018 
Thank you for your suggestion, Stefan!  The sysadmin who handles our e-Log server implemented your suggestion earlier today (Saturday).  I
have been able to successfully create and modify e-Log entries with Safari since then.  Since the "slow script" issue has been intermittent
in the past, I plan to continue testing and monitoring for the next day or so.  Nevertheless, it appears that removing the waiting loop has alleviated
    icon2.gif   Re: "Slow script" problem posting/editing from Safari -- browser hangs, times out, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Apr 16 08:19:16 2018 
Ok, I removed the code from the official code now. 

A bit background: The "autosave" mechanism in elog saves regularly the current content in a "draft" message, so that the
data does not get lost if the browser for example crashes. The saving is done asynchronously via some AJAX call. This call takes some time, since it's
    icon2.gif   Re: problem with chkeditor, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Mon Apr 16 17:27:35 2018 
Yes, I can help with that: you've tried to put the picture into the text body. Try to make it a normal attachment, that'll work always.

Andrea
Mazzolari wrote:

If i try to upload an image here, i got the error "Image Source
icon5.gif   Enabling SSL, posted by Pasti on Fri May 18 08:04:37 2018 
Hi all, 

I'm following config guide and so far so good. The only issue I run into is when enabling SSL.

Guide says - One can replace this certificate and key with a real certificate to avoid browser pop-up windows warning about the self-signed certificate.
    icon2.gif   Re: Enabling SSL, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Jun 5 12:28:27 2018 
This comes from the openSSL library which elog includes. I tried myelf and found that a chained certificate is not correctly interpreted by the openSSL
library. Most people anyhow don't use SSL inside elog, but run an Apache server in front of elog. This is anyhow better since Apache has an industry-strength
security with regular updates. Much better than relying on OpenSSL.
icon1.gif   number of entries in Login user list, posted by Janusz Szuba on Wed Jun 13 18:08:06 2018 
Hi, 

could it be possible to increase the limit of entries in Login user list from 100 to somewhat reasonably higher? Like twice or 3 times as
much. Similar limit exist also on Admin user list, which is afair 10, could this also be increased?
    icon2.gif   Re: number of entries in Login user list, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Thu Jun 14 12:37:22 2018 
Hi Janusz,

You can change the following line in elogd.h and recompile:

#define MAX_N_LIST      100
    icon2.gif   Re: number of entries in Login user list, posted by Janusz Szuba on Thu Jun 14 13:07:32 2018 
Thanks, good point, I was not sure that in case of other lists which will be changed as well, there will not be any problems, like overflow, etc. 

Regarding admin list, now I remember, that was the limit to send email notification in case of registration requests. But actually it is not
important right now.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886