Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 198 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
IDup Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1628   Wed Jan 25 12:08:13 2006 Reply Giorgio Croci Candianig.crocic@libero.itBug report 2.6.1Re: Access to global configuration in v2.6.1
> I tried again, using the configuration file from the distribution (elog:1627/1). Hitting "config", I see the picture
> attached (elog:1627/2). So it's a mystery why it is different in your case...

Indeed... I peeked into the code, and I got the feeling it could be a matter of incorrect user setup (though I have no
users/authorizations defined at all) or maybe browser cookies. A thin trail, but I'll try some debug directly on the
code and, should I come up with something, I'll surely notice you.
Thanks for your support!
  1629   Wed Jan 25 12:10:46 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug report 2.6.1Re: Access to global configuration in v2.6.1
> or maybe browser cookies. 

That rings a bell. If you change user permissions (like password file/no password file/rename logbooks) you might be
fooled by old cookies. Just delete all cookies in your browser and try again.
  1630   Wed Jan 25 12:31:14 2006 Reply T. Ribbrockemgaron@gmx.netRequestLinux2.6.1Re: Suggestion additional ElCodes

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Yes, I missed tables myself already. The headings I just put into the current SVN version (see this forum for how it works).

Very nice, thanks! I'm a bit torn as to whether I like the way I have to enter the level by keyboard or whether I'd rather see something like with the smileys (i.e. some "level menu" opens once "H" is pressed). The former is faster, while the latter doesn't require moving between the mouse and the keyboard. But that's just a detail - not really that important.

Stefan Ritt wrote:
Tables are a bit harder to implement and will come later. Do you have a proposal for a possible syntax?
[...]
Maybe somehting like

heading 1 heading 2 heading 3
data 1 data 2 data 3

this looks a bit like the "pipe" mode from a Wiki

what do you think?

Yup, I remember using that kind of "pipe" structure in Wikis and I actually liked it. I think it's a lot easier to read in the "source" as well - and it reminds me remotely of LaTeX... Wink Also, it doesn't require much to just type it out instead of using buttons to make the cells. Definitely good enough for the simple type of tables I had in mind!
  1631   Thu Jan 26 15:04:32 2006 Reply Dimitrios Tsirigkasdimitrios.tsirigkas@cern.chBug reportLinux2.6.0Re: ELOG v2.6.0 (Linux) crashes while using " Forgot password?"
Hi,

-> Anybody click on "Forgot password?" in the login screen, to have the system
send him the forgotten password, and after a little while trying, (possibly doing
resolution) the ELOG application crashes.

I think I have the same problem with the Linux version (2.6.0). Is there going to be a fix for that version as well?

Cheers,
Dimitris
  1632   Thu Jan 26 15:07:11 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.6.0Re: ELOG v2.6.0 (Linux) crashes while using " Forgot password?"

Dimitrios Tsirigkas wrote:
Is there going to be a fix for that version as well?

A fix is always for all versions, since I have a common code base. Have you tried Version 2.6.1?
  1633   Thu Jan 26 15:19:58 2006 Reply Dimitrios Tsirigkasdimitrios.tsirigkas@cern.chBug reportLinux2.6.0Re: ELOG v2.6.0 (Linux) crashes while using " Forgot password?"
A fix is always for all versions, since I have a common code base. Have you tried Version 2.6.1?

I got the RPM last week, from the download page. When I run without the -D option it says that it is Version 2.6.0. Since a new version came out in the meantime, I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks,
Dimitris
  1634   Fri Jan 27 13:50:10 2006 Reply mark jamesmark@majames.comQuestion 2.6.0b5Re: Quicklink does not work for one field

Stefan Ritt wrote:

mark james wrote:

mark james wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

mark james wrote:
I am not so bold as to log this as a bug but one of my Quicklink fields just do not work.

Sorry my late reply, but now I have fixed this problem. The update is under SVN and will be contained in the next release.

Thanks for that. I am now using ver V2.6.1-1622. So I guess that doesn't qualify as a "next release". I wonder if there is anything I could do to work around the issue?

Mark

In fact now the dropdown seems to be working but when I 'tick' an entry, it is not being written to the ascii file.

Can you try V2.6.1-1634? I fixed several issues with ticking entries coming from "MOptions" lists.

OK. But where do I get this from? The "latest version of 19 Jan is still 1622.
  1635   Fri Jan 27 13:52:34 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion 2.6.0b5Re: Quicklink does not work for one field

mark james wrote:
OK. But where do I get this from? The "latest version of 19 Jan is still 1622.

If you can compile it yourself, you get it from Subversion (see here). Otherwise you have to wait for the next release.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 794, 795, 796   Next  
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886