Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 198 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67602   Tue Nov 5 23:21:52 2013 Question A.G. Schubertalexis4@stanford.eduBug reportMac OSX2.9.2-2494Compilation failure on Mac OSX 10.9

When compiling elog on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), I get the error below.

Elog will compile without error if I add -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 to CFLAGS in Makefile, but I'm not sure whether this is a good idea.

$ make

cc -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall  -I../mxml  -DHAVE_SSL -w -c -o crypt.o src/crypt.c

cc -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall  -I../mxml  -DHAVE_SSL -o elog src/elog.c crypt.o -lssl

src/elog.c:125:8: error: expected parameter declarator

size_t strlcpy(char *dst, const char *src, size_t size)

^

/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:44: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'

__builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))

^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:62: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:30:32: note: expanded from macro '_USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL'

#    define _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 2

^

src/elog.c:125:8: error: expected ')'

^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:62: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)

^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:30:32: note: expanded from macro '_USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL'

#    define _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 2

^

src/elog.c:125:8: note: to match this '('

^

/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:53: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'

^

67607   Wed Nov 13 13:36:48 2013 Question David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukQuestionLinux2.9.2-2475date and time
[13 Nov]
As my threads have lots of replies, I end up with a forest of ">" characters which makes it difficult to read
earlier quoted entries (what with word-wrapping of the browser).
I thought to replace the ">"s by a simple date entry prepended to the start of each reply. - much as I have 
given at the top of this initial entry.

So this is what I put in the config file:

Time format = %a %d %b %y
Date format = %d %b
Prepend on reply = [$date] \n

The time is used in the string for the Thread display.

Only I don't get the date, with the date format, prepended to replies but the time, in the time format, as

[Wed 13 Nov 13]

Now this is hardly a disaster, but any ideas why the date formatting is being ignored?
  67610   Wed Nov 13 16:11:18 2013 Question Hung Daohungtdao@yahoo.comQuestionWindows2.9.2Error when attempted to submit an entry
One of my users reported that he received this error when attempted to submit an editing entry. Basically he is only one to edit this entry. When go ahead to press the button, the entry is updated successfully. What cause and how to prevent this error not to populate? Thanks
Attachment 1: error.jpg
error.jpg
  67613   Wed Nov 13 23:46:38 2013 Question Hung Daohungtdao@yahoo.comQuestionWindows2.9.2Unwanted characters showing when using Bottom Text Login to a html file
When using Bottom Text Login to a html file showing some unwanted characters. Also, the ELOG Version is longer displayed. Bottom Text Login = example.htm Attached are bottomtextlogin.jpg which shows the characters on the left and example.htm which I used.
Attachment 1: bottomtextlogin.jpg
bottomtextlogin.jpg
Attachment 2: example.htm
  67618   Fri Nov 15 10:59:51 2013 Question Fabianhiller@nmr.uni-frankfurt.deQuestionLinuxV2.9.2-245Inconsistent and long load times
We recently installed ELOG and it works pretty well, but the load times are rather inconsistent. Most of the time 
it is very fast, but it also often hangs for around 5-10 seconds while loading. It seems to affect all parts of 
the page that are returned at random, so sometimes the main html file will hang, sometimes the css file and 
sometimes the images.

The hardware it is running on is nothing special, an older 3 GHz Celeron, but it should be fast enough. It is 
running on Debian 7. 

Any ideas what the problem could be, or how I could investigate it further to find the bottleneck?
  67624   Tue Nov 26 00:06:02 2013 Question Tom Ctcheek@tulane.eduQuestionLinux2.9.2-2455Problem with space in name of eLog not seeing %20 and "+"

My elog is named "Whatever Elog" so the URL generated is /Whatever+Elog . This works fine but when in the interface certain buttons generate this URL : /Whatever%20Elog  ...this URL fails.  It seems that elog does not recognize these ( + and %20 ) as the same which I believe they should be as part of HTTP request.

67635   Thu Dec 12 15:10:43 2013 Question Paulo Moragapnmoraga@gmail.comQuestionWindowsV2.9.2-245Multiple tab

Hi noob question I was looking for a config but i cant make it, how to i make multitab logbook like this page?

Like in Discussion there are forum,config examples,contribution and vulnerabilities under it

Thanks

Attachment 1: multitab.JPG
multitab.JPG
  67637   Sat Dec 14 00:22:52 2013 Question Ryan Blakesleerb@blakesys.netQuestionLinux2.9.2How to property install?

Hello,

I have followed the very simple steps on the Download page for checking out and compiling from GIT.  That works perfect and there is no issue.  

The problem I have is-- it is not clear to me where to put the 'elog' dir that I have after I 'make' and 'make install'.  Or, is there an installer script afterwards that I run? I'm installing on Debian 7 and trying to upgrade from 2.5.2 (which was installed using apt-get.)

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886