Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 200 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versiondown Subject
  68880   Fri Dec 21 14:59:05 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.3Re: inactive users
Thanks for the fix, I merged it into the current development branch.

Stefan
  68884   Tue Feb 5 07:31:44 2019 Question Stefano Lacaprarastefano.lacaprara@pd.infn.itBug reportLinux3.1.3quick filter not working for attributes with special char
Hi,
  I'm using elog 3.1.3 and I have an elogbook with an attribute with name 
Attributes = Author, CO2 Temp [deg], ...

If I add this attributes to quick list, 
Quick filter = Author, CO2 Temp [deg]

it does display on web page, but the search fails with "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" if I leave the default value in the corresponding quick filter box.

My understanding is that the presence of a "[]" in the default search value is the reason for failure and if I remove them the search works fine.

Is there a workaround?

I don't want to change the attribute name, since I do have quite a large number of entries in the elogbook, and I'd like to keep the attribute in the quick search if possible.

Thanks,
  Stefano
  68885   Tue Feb 5 08:10:32 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.3Re: quick filter not working for attributes with special char
No, there is no quick workaround. The only way is to go through your logbook files manually (or with a script), and replace all occurrences of that attribute.

Stefan
  68900   Wed Feb 27 02:34:46 2019 Cool Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnQuestionLinux3.1.3elog hanged when uploading photo failed

Hi all,

We came across a problem recently when clicking "Upload" button, then elog hanged and never being accessed. I have checked the elog logs and find that it seems that elog didn't get the path of the picture for some reason. So is it a bug or our operation isn't correct?

Attachment 1: log.png
log.png
  68906   Tue Mar 5 20:48:51 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: elog hanged when uploading photo failed

The problem is you have some weird characters in your file name R2BLM15 ? ? ? ? ? .PNG which confuses the interpreter. There should not be any special character or blanks in attached images.

Stefan

Xuan Wu wrote:

Hi all,

We came across a problem recently when clicking "Upload" button, then elog hanged and never being accessed. I have checked the elog logs and find that it seems that elog didn't get the path of the picture for some reason. So is it a bug or our operation isn't correct?

68907   Wed Mar 6 05:10:28 2019 Reply Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: elog hanged when uploading photo failed

That make sense. Is there a way to recovery when hung except restart elogd? On the other hand, whether could  prompt for reloading attachment when interpreter detect error but not hang?

Wu Xuan

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The problem is you have some weird characters in your file name R2BLM15 ? ? ? ? ? .PNG which confuses the interpreter. There should not be any special character or blanks in attached images.

Stefan

Xuan Wu wrote:

Hi all,

68916   Thu Mar 21 16:14:00 2019 Question Ben Loerben.loer@pnnl.govQuestionLinux3.1.3elog.css and lock.png fail to load with top groups

As the title says, we have our elog running behind an Apache proxy that is also providing authentication. We also have top groups enabled.  The first time a user views a top group page with a fresh browser cache, the index is delivered, but requests for elog.css and lock.png are returned with http 302 with location set to the elog root.  (I.e., if the server is proxied under server.example.com/logs,  the first request for server.example.com/logs/TopGroup1/elog.css returns a 302 with location set to server.example.com/logs// ). 

Any subsequent visits return the files fine. The attached screenshot shows the network requests in chrome. 

Is this a proxy configuration issue, something we've set wrong in elog, ??

Attachment 1: elog1.png
elog1.png
  68924   Thu Apr 4 12:12:58 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: elog.css and lock.png fail to load with top groups

Looks more like a bug to me. Will investigate.

Stefan

Ben Loer wrote:

As the title says, we have our elog running behind an Apache proxy that is also providing authentication. We also have top groups enabled.  The first time a user views a top group page with a fresh browser cache, the index is delivered, but requests for elog.css and lock.png are returned with http 302 with location set to the elog root.  (I.e., if the server is proxied under server.example.com/logs,  the first request for server.example.com/logs/TopGroup1/elog.css returns a 302 with location set to server.example.com/logs// ). 

Any subsequent visits return the files fine. The attached screenshot shows the network requests in chrome. 

Is this a proxy configuration issue, something we've set wrong in elog, ??

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886