Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 202 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67746   Mon Jan 12 23:26:18 2015 Question Eric Quinteroericq@caltech.eduBug reportMac OSX3.0.0Problem with embedded Iframes

We've upgraded our ELOG installation to v3, and we really like the new CKeditor. However, one of my users has noticed a problem when using Iframe HTML elements with CKeditor; namely that the HTML is not present when trying to edit the post, and saving the post erases the HTML. 
I was able to reproduce this fairly simply, by trying to embed a youtube video. I would create a new post, click the "Source" view in CKeditor, and paste something like the following:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RzZgFKoIfQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Upon submission, this produces a totally normal .log file in the logbook directory, and the video is viewable on the ELOG page:

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:52:20 -0800
Author: test
Type: General
Category: General
Subject: test
Attachment:
Encoding: HTML
========================================
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RzZgFKoIfQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then, upon hitting "Edit," I am greeted by a totally empty CKeditor window, and hitting "Source" does not display the original HTML. 
Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS: Including the first line of the logfile in this very post would cause the submitted post to be truncated for some reason, although the preview looked fine. Pasting it here also caused the log to end abruptly. The string is "(dollar sign)(at symbol)MID(at symbol)(dollar sign): 9"

67749   Tue Jan 13 04:11:33 2015 Question Banatajogjacard@yahoo.comQuestionLinux3.0.0notification error services in CentOS 6.5

hello, I just upgrade from 2.9 into 3.0.0 in CentOS 6.5

but after upgrade, I can't check elogd services via command line

service elogd status,

always result in missing argument, while it works with httpd or mysqld services and old elogd version.

I try to uninstall and install rom scratch and same result,

Okay I give you screenshoot of that,

you may notice, on check service status and stopping services, error resulted

Attachment 1: elogerror.png
elogerror.png
  67757   Wed Jan 21 02:15:12 2015 Question devjoshi868b@gmail.comQuestionAll3.3filter with or operation/TIME DURATION CALCULATION

1.I HAVE A ELOG BOOK WITH TWO ATTRIBUTE 'FROM' &'TO'. I WANT TO USE A FILTER WHICH WILL SEARCH FOR A VALUE  IN BOTH ATTRIBUTE .KINDLY HELP ME.

2. HOW TO CALCULATE THE TIME DURATION  AUTOMATICALLY BASED ON TWO ATTRIBUTES 'START TIME' AND 'STOP TIME' .

67761   Thu Jan 22 17:27:47 2015 Question devjoshi868b@gmail.comQuestionAll3.3calculate the value of one attribute depending upon the value of other attribute.

I HAVE A LOGBOOK WHICH KEEPS THE RECORD OF ALL FAULT BOOKED BY DIFFERENT SUBSCRIBER.THIS LOGBOOK HAS THREE ATTRIBUTE DOWNTIME,UPTIME & TOTAL DURATION (DATE &TIME FORMAT) . I WANT TO CALCULATE THE TOTAL DURATION AUTOMATICALLY WHENEVR UPTIME VALUE IS GIVEN AND IF THE UPTIME IS NOT GIVEN IT SHOULD CALCULATE DEPENDING UPON THE SYSTEM PRESENT TIME.PLEAS EXPLAIN IT WITH EXAMPLE.

67766   Mon Jan 26 15:46:04 2015 Question devjoshi868b@gmail.comRequestAll3.3how to calculate the time

I HAVE A LOGBOOK WHICH KEEPS THE RECORD OF ALL FAULT BOOKED BY DIFFERENT SUBSCRIBER.THIS LOGBOOK HAS THREE ATTRIBUTE DOWNTIME,UPTIME & TOTAL DURATION (DATE &TIME FORMAT) . I WANT TO CALCULATE THE TOTAL DURATION AUTOMATICALLY WHENEVR UPTIME VALUE IS GIVEN AND IF THE UPTIME IS NOT GIVEN IT SHOULD CALCULATE DEPENDING UPON THE SYSTEM PRESENT TIME.PLEAS EXPLAIN IT WITH EXAMPLE.

67769   Mon Jan 26 23:13:47 2015 Question Eric Quinteroericq@caltech.eduQuestionAll3.0.0Link to full resolution image attachments

Hi all,

It's possible my question is entirely within the domain of CKeditor, but I figure it may also have something to do with how it's plugged into ELOG. 

In essence, when attaching a PDF to an ELOG post as an image, the post body shows the generated thumbnail and there is a link to the full resolution PDF at the bottom of the post. 

However, if instead, I attach a JPG or PNG, the link to the full resolution image is not present in the post (though it can be accessed through the small paperclip icon).

Is there a way to show links to the thumbnailed images, or even for the thumbnail itself to be a hyperlink to the full resolution source?

Thanks for your time,

Eric Q. 

67776   Wed Jan 28 18:12:53 2015 Question devjoshi868b@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.3enable batch file execution

How to execute  the batch file  in elogd

67788   Thu Jan 29 10:16:01 2015 Question Banata Wachid Ridwanjogjacard@yahoo.comQuestionWindows3.0.0SMTP Host Error and export to CSV question

Hello

first of all, congrats for bring back the forum after down for sometimes, :D

but seems my old account is broken, I cant login with that anymore, so I make new account and strangely I can make identical account like the old one ahahahaha

okay first question :

Recently my elog setup got smtp host error, everytime someone submit log, error result that SMTP host is not found in global setting.

I dont't set mail server on my server so I cant use smtp host function, and I use register type 1 to avoid email function, but after sometimes those error occured, it seems some members accidentally check ëmail notification option

so, how to completely disable this function or maybe some work around on this error? I dont have mail server right now,

second

When we export logbook to CSV and open to microsoft excel, html tags still there, how to ommit html tags completely during export? and how to make nice table data from csv in elog? I saw many inconsistency there, especially on comment data

for example if I make more than two lines of logbook, second line will place in first column , not in the last column, just like the first line of comment.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886