Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 203 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1468   Mon Oct 17 10:20:31 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0Re: How to connect to an ELOG server running behind apache+ssl using the elog command line program?

Johan Nyberg wrote:
I need to post a large number of "old" messages to one of my logbooks and I am trying to modify the script doelog (see http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Contributions/10) to suit my needs. I am using apache + ssl for secure logins to my ELOG server. The doelog script uses the elog utility program, which is useful for posting ELOG messages from scripts or from the command line. My problem is that I cannot talk to my ELOG server with elog.

This is because elog does not support "https" through secure socket layers (SSL). Also elogd does not, that's why you use Apache as your proxy. So the only way for you to use elog is to execute it on the server, where it can directly connect to elogd without going through the ssl layer of Apache.
  1471   Tue Oct 18 08:04:29 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta2Re: Error message: "Attachment #6 of entry #0 not found"
> This is the URL after logging in: 
> http://localhost:8081/debian/17?cmd=List&mode=summary 
>  
> When i click on one of the entrys, i get thar error message. 
> URL: http://localhost:8081/debian/debian/17 
>  
> It says: "Attachment #17 of entry #0 not found 
>   Please use your browser's back button to go back" 

Ah, now I recognize the error. Please update to the newest beta5, it's fixed there.

- Stefan
  1475   Thu Oct 20 16:01:49 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.ch Linux2.6.0beta4Re: Howto force users to supply an email address when registering?

Johan Nyberg wrote:
Is there a way to force the users to supply an email address when they register?

I will happily implement such an email check if you supply me further information. Presume you enter an email address in the form user#domain.com (# instead @). Does your SMPT server then complain, too? What about user@com (without "domain.")? If you check all possibilities and let me know, I will put it in.
  1479   Mon Oct 24 14:30:48 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
We are running elog perfectly on a solaris machine for some time now.
Except on some client pc's the login screen keeps reappearing after a succesfull login.
We upgraded to version 2.6.0 beta 4 but the problem persists.
Any suggestions?

Do you have cookies disabled on these client pc's maybe?
  1481   Mon Oct 24 15:18:46 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
No, cookies are enabled.

Can you
  • Delete all cookies on the client machine and try again
  • If the problem persists: Tell you how you access your elogd. Do you use Apache as proxy? Which URL statement do you have in your elogd.cfg? What are the URLs shown in the address bar of your browser?
  • Can you start elogd with the "-v" flag, and send me the output shown during an unsuccessful login
  1483   Mon Oct 24 16:41:20 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
Output in attachment

Your output shows:

Set-Cookie: unm=daniel; path=/Maldi; expires=Monday, 24-Oct-05 14:57:55 GMT;

Now I don't know when you made this entry, but it looks to me like either

- your time is set incorrectly on the server side
- your "login expiration" setting in elogd is set incorrectly

Can you check these two things?
  1485   Mon Oct 24 19:33:41 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
But why would one client have problems while others don't?

You had the login expiration at 1 hour, and the time was off by one hour I guess. But each client's time is only accurate to a few minutes, so some of them had a difference to the server of 59 mins, and other had 1:01 mins. Since you had a login expiration of 1 hour, only the second one failed, while the first one should have worked for about one minute.
  1487   Wed Oct 26 16:17:18 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Preset text overriden after preview

Yoshio Imai wrote:
This form appears correctly, but after filling in the form, clicking on "Preview" leads to an error: the preview text is correct, but the actual text entry field is overriden again with the empty form.

Thanks for reporting this bug. It's fixed in revision 1534.

- Stefan
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6