Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 207 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: duplicate & presets, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Dec 21 20:24:14 2005 
> I'm (mis)using elog as a database. I like the fact that I can have presets for fields, but I also like the fact 
> that I can make a duplicate of an entry. Now when I make a duplicate, all the fields get overwritten with the 
> preset-value. Is there a way to get the preset-values only on entering a NEW reord and NOT on a duplicate ?
    icon2.gif   Re: 2.6.0-bata5, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Dec 21 20:39:52 2005 
[quote="Carl Shirey"]Do you have 2.6.0-bata5 for linux as setup for RPM install.  I was able to locate the version for windows but not for linux.
Thanks for your help.[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Attachments in duplicated entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Dec 21 20:54:11 2005 
[quote="Bertram Metz"]The [B]duplicate[/B] command duplicates the entry text itself, but it does not duplicate attachments. If attachments in a duplicated
entry are deleted, the original attachment files are deleted as well and cannot be accessed anymore within the original entry.
    icon2.gif   Re: Proxy question, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Dec 21 20:59:26 2005 
> I'm trying to run elog 2.6.0-beta4 under Apache 2.0.  I follow the directions, and everything works fine, so my
> elog runs as
    icon2.gif   Re: Compile on Windows?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Dec 22 08:53:43 2005 
[quote="Mike"]What version of Visual Studio do you use for compile Elog on windows.

I have downloaded the Tar from svn and am having some errors, but then I've go VS.Net 2003. I wondering if this was done with 6.0?[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: New docs?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Dec 22 08:58:25 2005 
[quote="PJ Meyer"]Just looked at change log for 2.6
was wondering where the documentation for the new additions/changes is/are.[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Maximum number of LogBooks? Bug?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Dec 22 15:14:39 2005 
[quote="Mike"]Is there a Maximum number logbooks?  

I have run into a problem but I'm not sure if to call it a Bug or not.  We have started using Elog to keep a work log for each of our production servers.
    icon2.gif   Re: "Logkook dir" in top group [global] section ineffective, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Dec 22 20:50:57 2005 
[quote="Yoshio Imai"]There are also one question/request (you see that we use the elog extensively now ;)):
When searching for a particular event in our shift log using the "Find" function, it would often be useful not to go to the single entry, but to the page
where that entry resides. This way we can see the whole context of the event. When clicking onto an entry in the "Find" result page, this takes us of course
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886