Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 208 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68068   Tue Aug 4 13:57:28 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-f613012Re: Minor bug in the emails generated by elog.

Apostrophes are encoded as "'" inside the CKEditor used by elog, which sents the raw HTML text as email notification. You can test this by pressing the "Source" button at the top left menu in the CKEditor, then you see it. In my mail program (both Apple Mail and Thunderbird) this HTML enocding is correctly shown as the original apostroph, so I suspect that your mail program has an issue interpreting HTML encodings.

David Pilgram wrote:

In the emails generated by anyone making an entry in this log book, every apostrophe is followed by a semi-colon.  So the text "I don't think..."  appears in the email as "I don';t think...", and possibly that comment will appear in the email as "I don';;t think...." - not sure on the last bit.  It has been around in the past few versions of elog, but don't recall precisely when this started occurring.  It was fine back in February, with v2.9.2 (presumably) running.

Attachment 1: Screen_Shot_2015-08-04_at_14.01.09_.png
Screen_Shot_2015-08-04_at_14.01.09_.png
  68067   Tue Aug 4 13:33:14 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.0-3c6Re: "Resolve host names" does not resolve host names

In elog I simplu use the function gethostbyaddr() to resolve the host name. If this does not work, the underlying OS does not know the hostname either. Probably you can test this with "nslookup a.b.c.d", to see any further error message.

Daniel Sajdyk wrote:

Hello

I use Resolve host names = 1 in my config file, but I still get IP instead domain name.

I use elog in internal network with my own DNS.

Any sugesstions ?

Regards

Daniel. 

68066   Tue Aug 4 13:29:45 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.0-5be245eRe: Customized email subject line for an updated entry

Thanks, I added your code to the distribution and updated the documentation.

Erkcan Ozcan wrote:

Since there were no responses, I decided to make good use of the fact that the software is thankfully open-sourced. I modified elogd.c and added just a couple of lines to get what I wanted.

22245,22250d22244
<    if (old_mail && getcfg(lbs->name, "Use Email Subject Edit", subject, sizeof(subject))) {
<       i = build_subst_list(lbs, slist, svalue, attrib, TRUE);
<       sprintf(str, "%d", message_id);
<       add_subst_list(slist, svalue, "message id", str, &i);
<       strsubst_list(subject, sizeof(subject), slist, svalue, i);
<    } else

These lines just follow the comment line: /* compose subject from attributes */

Erkcan Ozcan wrote:

Hi,

The default email subject line for a new entry is: "New ELOG entry", and the default email subject line for an edited entry is: "Updated ELOG entry". However when we set "Use Email Subject", both new entries and the updated entries use the same email subject. Is there an equivalent of "Use Email Heading Edit" for the subject line? I tried "Use Email Subject Edit", to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

e.

68065   Tue Aug 4 13:23:47 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chInfoWindows3.1.0Re: Revision for Indonesian Translation

Thanks, I included your changes in the distribution.

Banata Wachid Ridwan wrote:

hello, in my spare time, I try to fix some bugs, typo, and update for Indonesian translation

68064   Tue Aug 4 13:18:26 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.0-2Re: elogd crashes with a URL

I could not reproduce your problem. I can only fix it if I can reproduce it, so let's agree on a common test base. May I ask you to do the following:

• Download the most recent elog version from bitbucket and compile it
  • Create two new logbooks "demo1" and "demo2" with minimal configuration, but using yor global password file which differs from the group ones
  • Send me step-by-step instructions how to trigger the problem, including your elogd.cfg file and your password files (of course with fake accounts)

If I can reproduce the crash, I can fix it.

Jaime Duran wrote:

URL causes elogd to crash when a global password file name doesn't match any group's password file name. 

The offending URL is copied from the address field of the browser after sorting a logbook by on of the fileds.

After login out and using the copied URL, elogd shows the authentication dialog and then crashes after the credentials are submited.

Some debugging point me to a NULL pointer on the following instruction in line   25502  of elogd.c :

if (lbs->pwd_xml_tree) {

The work around was to name the global password file as the password file of one of the groups.

68063   Mon Aug 3 22:13:16 2015 Reply John P. Huberpat@caltech.eduRequestLinuxlatestRe: dependencies lib

Can you provide simliar guidance for Scientific Linux release 6.6 (Carbon, 64 bit version) as I get the "failed dependencies" after installing

openssl-devel package and I tried linking /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.1e as libssl.so.6 in both /lib and /usr/lib ? -jph

Stefan Ritt wrote:

If you Google for "libssl.so.6 is needed", you will find for example this site: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2096126 , which tells you to install the libssl-dev package.

alireza wrote:

Hi,I'm new here :) and want to install elog on linux suse. could you please tell me, how can I find this following lib dependency.

linuxsuse#rpm -i elogi386.rpm
                 error: Failed dependencies:
                  libssl.so.6 is needed by elog-3.1.0-2.i386

Thanks in Advance

68062   Fri Jul 31 13:59:12 2015 Entry TorstenJtorsten.jakob@jet-services.comQuestionWindows v3.1.0.3Problem with elog and Internet Explorer when saving an entry

Hi all,

first off all let me say, that I realy like this great tool. That is a lot of help for keeping our server documentation up-to-date. Thanks to all contributors for that.

I right here, because I actually have an issue with saving entries working with IE11 (but also in IE9). When ever I enter an entry, and click the save button, the page open a page with the text: "OK 1"   or the second attemp: "OK 2"   3rd  "OK 3" and so on (see screenshot). To get back to my Item list, I have to click the back button in the internet explorer. I also opens a lot of draft entries in my databases.  When I submit my entry, I don't have an issue, and the entry is saved correctly.

This issue doesn't happen when using Google Chrome.

Had anyone an simlar issue using elog with IE?  It would be great to have some help with that issue.

Thanks

Torsten

Attachment 1: elog_picture.jpg
elog_picture.jpg
  68061   Thu Jul 30 11:10:59 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinuxELOG V3.1.0-241Re: Insert TimeStamp not working

That problem has been fixed this week by this commit: https://bitbucket.org/ritt/elog/commits/5a8547bd995d88d7e314de30ee4bce71aa129c00

Please upgrade to the current revision from the bitbucket repository and recompile elog.

Luca wrote:

Hi,

I have an eLog logbook installed on my machine.

If I click on the INSERT TIMESTAMP botton in this post a Timestamp of the kind "Wed Jul 29 23:09:15 2015" is added.

When I do the same (with the same browser) on my logbook, nothing is added. Ideas about what might be causing this?

Regards

Luca

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf