Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 210 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: Path disclosure on unfound file, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jan 8 13:47:14 2021 Screenshot_2021-01-08_at_13.46.02_.png
Ok, I fixed the code in the current commit (395e101add19f0fe8a11a25d0822e511f34d94d1). The path gets stripped, and we see a

prinnydood
icon5.gif   elog slowness, posted by Giuseppe Cucinotta on Thu Jan 14 11:43:00 2021 
We run elog on a server to provide a logbook for our laboratory. We noticed that elog is very slow on loading pages: browser pages spend a lot of
time in charging (actually one can speed the procedure refreshing the page but it is quite annoying).

I checked the server load with top and it doesn't show any abnormal CPU or memory usage. Then I ran lsof and I noticed that there are
    icon2.gif   Re: elog slowness, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jan 14 14:05:19 2021 
Have you tried to restart the elogd server? The CLOSE_WAIT could be dangling network connections, which were not properly closed by the browser.

Giuseppe
Cucinotta wrote:

We run elog on a server to provide a logbook for our laboratory.
icon5.gif   Naming a Notebook KTAG Wipes Out Formatting. Why?, posted by Phil Rubin on Sat May 22 20:44:33 2021 
An experiment's ELOG installation, using the default theme, names logbooks after its subsystem's acronyms.  One subsystem is referred to
as KTAG, but when this name (or its lowercase version) is used for a logbook name, the logbook appears unformatted.  Changing the name, even to K-TAG,
works fine.  Nothing close to KTAG appears in elog.css.  Does anyone know why this happens and whether it is possible or worth the while to get
icon5.gif   when using webserver authentication, how can I restrict the users that can edit any given elog?, posted by Christian Ospelkaus on Sat Jun 19 18:38:21 2021 
Dear elog users & developers,

the subject line says it all: when using webserver authentication, how is it possible to restict access of users to any given elog? Only using
the apche rules? Admin user and Login user do not seem to be doing anything for me. I am using elog as packaged by debian for buster, using an apache ssl
    icon2.gif   Re: when using webserver authentication, how can I restrict the users that can edit any given elog?, posted by Christian Ospelkaus on Sun Jun 20 14:38:06 2021 
Dear all,

I figured it out. Current global config is (using kerberos instead)

[global]
    icon2.gif   Re: Logfile not registering entry numbers?, posted by Sergio Navarrete on Thu Dec 16 08:23:22 2021 
It seems that the latest Windows binary still predates this fix. Will there be a new installer soon? Thanks for your support.

Stefan
Ritt wrote:

I finally found some time to fix that bug. Was just that the log file
    icon5.gif   Re: Spurious characters in the searched string, posted by Phil Rubin on Mon Jan 3 19:11:08 2022 
Hi,

Ten years later...this problem shows up in my installation behind Apache, affecting only drop-down menu searches.  Test installations with
elog serving itself do not show the problem, so I presume it has something to do with Apache configuration, re-routing, etc.  Unfortunately, this
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6