Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  65645   Mon Nov 5 14:20:27 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.1Re: large attachment seems to hang elogd?

Konrad Klimaszewski wrote:
Great Smile. I missed this one while digging through documentation.
Maybe you could consider setting as default:
Email format = 111

Well, then people will come up and ask: I can see some attachment name in my email, but the attachment is missing, what can I do?. So they would not find the configuration option as you did not, and complain here. You never can make everybody happy Frown

An alternative approach however would be to limit the attachment size. If above 1 MB for example, do not send it. Then make this a flexible parameter (maybe someone wants 2 MB). I will think about that.
  65646   Mon Nov 5 14:34:31 2007 Reply Konrad Klimaszewskigraag@o2.plQuestionLinux2.6.1Re: large attachment seems to hang elogd?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Great Smile. I missed this one while digging through documentation.
Maybe you could consider setting as default:
Email format = 111

Well, then people will come up and ask: I can see some attachment name in my email, but the attachment is missing, what can I do?. So they would not find the configuration option as you did not, and complain here. You never can make everybody happy Frown

An alternative approach however would be to limit the attachment size. If above 1 MB for example, do not send it. Then make this a flexible parameter (maybe someone wants 2 MB). I will think about that.

Of course you're right. I suggested using "111" because then in email notification there is a link to the attachment.
Which for me is enough Smile. But there always will be someone that's not happy.

Your solution is nice but then attachments will be sent in a bit inconsistent way.
Easier would be to make it more obvious in the documentation.
I don't know put it in the FAQ or something (under: "Why my posts with large attachments are submitted so slowly" Wink).

Best Regards,
Konrad

PS
Thanks for implementing ELCode for tables - love them Big grin
  65647   Mon Nov 5 15:05:33 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.1Re: large attachment seems to hang elogd?

I don't know put it in the FAQ or something (under: "Why my posts with large attachments are submitted so slowly" Wink).

http://midas.psi.ch/elog/faq.html#18

Have you tried tables in HTML form? Even better! Just switch the encoding from ELCode to HTML (starting from version 2.7.0).
  65649   Tue Nov 13 11:04:58 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindows2.7.0Re: Quick Filter including Subtext applied overzealously?

Richard Stamper wrote:

When there are two or more Quick Filters available, and one of them is on the Subtext attribute, once one of the other filters has its value changed the null text for the Subtext selection criterion (namely, "-- Text  --") is used as a genuine selection criterion, thus typically preventing any entries from matching. 

This is for v2.7.0-1961 with both Mozilla 2.0.0.9 and IE 6 on Windows XP Professional SP2, and I think has appeared with this release.  You can demonstrate the behaviour on this forum: 

• Go to http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/
  • Quick filter on dates in the "Last Month" and nothing is listed.  The URL is now http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/?last=31&Subtext=--+Text+--
  • Set the date filter back to "-- All Entries --" and the spurious subtext filter remains; the URL is now http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/?Subtext=--+Text+--
  • Delete the "-- Text --" value in the filter box and everything reappears; the URL is back to http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/

Thanks for reporting this. I fixed it in revision 1964. You can test it in this forum.

65652   Mon Nov 19 14:25:48 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.7.0Re: Quick filter - Subtext

An Thai wrote:

The default subtext "-- Text --" for quick filter is included when another attribute is selected. So that the searched category always shows 0 entrie

I cannot find this problem on your demo forum, but it is happening on my server.

My config:

Quick filter = Author, Category, SubText

Result: Please see the screenshot attached.

It's fixed already, that's why you cannot see it on the demo server. So just download elog270-2.exe and install it.

65653   Tue Nov 20 22:27:03 2007 Reply Jacky Lizli@phys.hawaii.eduQuestionLinux2.6.1Re: large attachment seems to hang elogd?
Hi,

I put in the option:

Email Format = 111

Attachment still comes in to the notification instead of the link. I am using elog-2.7.0-1. Any ideas? Thank you.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

http://midas.psi.ch/elog/faq.html#18

Have you tried tables in HTML form? Even better! Just switch the encoding from ELCode to HTML (starting from version 2.7.0).
  65655   Thu Nov 22 14:16:51 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.1Re: large attachment seems to hang elogd?

Jacky Li wrote:
I put in the option:

Email Format = 111

Attachment still comes in to the notification instead of the link. I am using elog-2.7.0-1. Any ideas?

You will see the attachment name in the notification (see below), but the actual attachment is not contained in the email, thus making it very small.
Attachment 1: Capture.gif
Capture.gif
  65657   Mon Nov 26 14:33:59 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chInfoWindowsELOG V2.7.Re: Message ID and trouble ticketing system

lance wrote:

I am trying to create a trouble ticket system however when you do a reply you get a new message ID.  I was hoping to use the message ID as a ticket number and just wanted to use the reply as an append to the orginal message id, however each reply creates a new message id. This would be a nightmare to track and if I closed the ticket I would have to close every log entry related to this.

Does anyone know how to either make the reply and appended reply (appended to the orignal message id) or how to create a field that automatically gives it a new trouble ticket number.

Has anyone configured a trouble ticket system that I could look at to get some ideas?

First of all, ELOG has been designed having shift logbooks in mind, so it probably will never be a perfect trouble ticket system. Nevertheless, there are some options which can help in that respect:

• Use attributes Ticket and Status
  • Preset Ticket with a running ticket number via

Preset ticket = TCK-#####

This will increment the 5-digit ticket number whenever you create a new ticket, but will not update it when you do a reply

• Use Status to determine the status of the whole trouble ticket chain (initial entry plus replies)

Options Status = open, closed
    Preset Status = open

• Once a ticked chain is closed, do the following:

• Go to the threaded list display
    • Click on Select
    • Select the trouble ticket chain
    • Click on Edit
    • Now change Status from "Open" to "Closed"
    This will then modify the Status of the whole chain from "Open" to "Closed"
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf