Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectdown
  1737   Wed Mar 1 10:31:33 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionAll2.5.9Re: eLog Version number as eLog attribute?

Steve Jones wrote:
When a footer is used (via Bottom text = <filename>) eLog no longer displays the eLog version number at the bottom. Is it possible to somehow expose the version/revision as an eLog attribute or have the version still display even when a replacement footer is specified?

Thanks!

I added that feature, but will not be able to commit it before the next weekend.
  1740   Wed Mar 1 20:22:28 2006 Agree Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comQuestionAll2.5.9Re: eLog Version number as eLog attribute?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Steve Jones wrote:
When a footer is used (via Bottom text = <filename>) eLog no longer displays the eLog version number at the bottom. Is it possible to somehow expose the version/revision as an eLog attribute or have the version still display even when a replacement footer is specified?

Thanks!

I added that feature, but will not be able to commit it before the next weekend.

Quote:
Not a problem! Thanks
  65808   Thu Apr 3 08:37:27 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.7.3Re: e-mail format

Bill Qualls wrote:

I "upgraded" from v2.6.? to v2.7.3.  By "upgrade", I mean "copy all files to a different computer, then run the installer".  e-mail messages received from my v2.6 instance look nice.  The messages look like HTML tables with blue and green coloring.  My v2.7 instance appears to send plain text.  But, when I forward the v2.7 message, the nice HTML tables appear again.  Is there an e-mail formatting setting that I need to change?

That has probably to do with the program with which you read your email. The coloring is done in a cascading style sheet, which the email program has to load from the elog server upon display. Most programs ask you if you like to "load images" for this email. This is a bit misleading since the style sheet is no image, but similarly loaded form an external source. I use Thunderbird, which remembers my decisions. So if I get an elog message from a certain email sender, and I click on "load images always from this sender", then it will show the colored background for each following entry. If the sender now is different (like if you use a different computer), this will be different and you have to load images once by clicking somewhere (mostly a bar above your email display).

67322   Wed Aug 29 10:37:44 2012 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinuxV2.8.1-235Re: dynamic preset text

Zbigniew Reszela wrote:

Dear all,

Is it possible to have a dynamic "preset text" option?

I would like to switch the template file depending on the attribute value. (Of course this attribute values will be a fixed list of options, not extandable). 

I see there one difficulty, that: if user already started editing the text body, he could lose this data. But I think that this could be left on user responsibility to take care about it.

Another option could be to always insert the template text on the very beginning of the text body.

Is this feature implemented, or maybe someone have done it by changing the server code?

Cheers

This is possible with conditional attributes. An additional trick would be to not show the text body of an attribute is not selected. This way the user first has to select the attribute, then the text field with the specific preset will show up. The configuration would be something along these lines:

Attributes = Type, Subject
Options Type = One{1}, Two{2}, Three{3}
Show text = 0

{1} Preset text = text1
{2} Preset text = text2
{3} Preset text = text3
{1,2,3} Show text = 1

Of course you have to supply proper text files text1, text2, text3.

- Stefan

67325   Wed Aug 29 17:55:37 2012 Agree Zbigniew Reszelareszelaz@gmail.comQuestionLinuxV2.8.1-235Re: dynamic preset text

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Zbigniew Reszela wrote:

Dear all,

Is it possible to have a dynamic "preset text" option?

I would like to switch the template file depending on the attribute value. (Of course this attribute values will be a fixed list of options, not extandable). 

I see there one difficulty, that: if user already started editing the text body, he could lose this data. But I think that this could be left on user responsibility to take care about it.

Another option could be to always insert the template text on the very beginning of the text body.

Is this feature implemented, or maybe someone have done it by changing the server code?

Cheers

This is possible with conditional attributes. An additional trick would be to not show the text body of an attribute is not selected. This way the user first has to select the attribute, then the text field with the specific preset will show up. The configuration would be something along these lines:

Attributes = Type, Subject
Options Type = One{1}, Two{2}, Three{3}
Show text = 0

{1} Preset text = text1
{2} Preset text = text2
{3} Preset text = text3
{1,2,3} Show text = 1

Of course you have to supply proper text files text1, text2, text3.

- Stefan

Thanks, it works perfectly!

1557   Wed Dec 21 20:24:14 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion ELOG V26b5Re: duplicate & presets
> I'm (mis)using elog as a database. I like the fact that I can have presets for fields, but I also like the fact 
> that I can make a duplicate of an entry. Now when I make a duplicate, all the fields get overwritten with the 
> preset-value. Is there a way to get the preset-values only on entering a NEW reord and NOT on a duplicate ?

I fixed that in the SVN revision 1583. The fix will be contained in the upcoming version 2.6.1.
  836   Tue Dec 7 16:15:28 2004 Entry Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportOther2.5.5-2Re: dropdown-lists display only the first 100 entries
Right. Number of options is limited to 100.
  837   Thu Dec 9 11:30:07 2004 Entry Guenter NowakGuenter.Nowqak@t-systems.atBug reportOther2.5.5-2Re: dropdown-lists display only the first 100 entries
> Right. Number of options is limited to 100.
hi, i found the MAX_N_LIST macro and increased it
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886