Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 793  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  2087   Tue Nov 21 11:14:48 2006 Reply Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comQuestionWindows2.6.2-1734Re: Re: $long_name in Moptions

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Fergus Lynch wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way of having $long_name in 'Moptions'?

We use ELOG (amongst other things!) to allocate work out to Developers (who are all configured as ELOG users) I would like to use 'checkbox' functionality to allocate out a task to more than one developer. Currently only a single developer is chosen from a drop down list.

This was not possible until now, so I implemented the option
Type <attribute> = muserlist

which gives you checkboxes (= multi-userlist) for all users instead of a drop down list. This feature is implemented starting from revision 1758 and it will be contained in the next release of elog.

Hi Stefan, apologies if I am being a bit dense (!) When I download the latest windows binary it extracts to ELOG V2.6.2-1749. Where could I get revision 1758 >

Thanks in advance
Fergus
  2175   Mon Mar 26 11:45:07 2007 Smile Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comRequestWindowsELOG V2.6.Global "MOptions"
Hi,

We have ELOG configured for virtually every conceivable use in our IT Operation dept and it is fantastically useful and easy to use. One result of this - naturally! - is that we have quiet a few logbooks.

Many of these logbooks share the same attributes - especially Moptions for equipment lists - which is fine but requires manually copying and pasting Moption lists into multiple logbooks to keep everything synchronized.

Would it be an option to have Global "MOptions" - perhaps configured in the 'global options' file - which can be called up and referenced in all logbooks?

Just an idea -

Cheers
Fergus
  2177   Tue Mar 27 13:57:44 2007 Reply Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comRequestWindowsELOG V2.6.Re: Global "MOptions"

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Fergus Lynch wrote:
Would it be an option to have Global "MOptions" - perhaps configured in the 'global options' file - which can be called up and referenced in all logbooks?

Sure, that's possible already with the current version. Just put your MOptions statement under [global] and it will be used in all logbooks. If a specific logbook uses different MOptions, put the a second MOptions list under that logbook's section and it will overwrite the global setting.

Perfect! Works a treat (I promise to read the manual next time!)
Cheers
Fergus
  2320   Thu Oct 4 12:03:30 2007 Smile Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comRequest ELOG V2.6.Add date and time stamp to file upload
Hi,

Been using ELOG for a couple of years now and I am very impressed with its functionality.

I would like to request a new feature - add date and time stamp to file upload. We use ELOG (amongst other things!) as a change log and this would really allow allow more accurate records to be kept. For instance we upload router config files (to record changes)and having the exact upload date would be a big enhancement, especially when there are a lot of attachments.

Many Thanks in Advance
Fergus
  2328   Tue Oct 9 11:48:17 2007 Reply Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comRequest ELOG V2.6.Re: Add date and time stamp to file upload

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Fergus Lynch wrote:
I would like to request a new feature - add date and time stamp to file upload. We use ELOG (amongst other things!) as a change log and this would really allow allow more accurate records to be kept. For instance we upload router config files (to record changes)and having the exact upload date would be a big enhancement, especially when there are a lot of attachments.

There is already a time and a date stamp. If you look in the logbook directory, you see attachments preceded with the date and time when they were submitted. You can see this date/time when you click on the attachment, such as in

http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Config+Examples/040519_000348/elogd.cfg

where you will see it even in the URL (May 19th, 2004, 0:03:48) in the above case. I agree that this is not so obvious. If you make a proposal where this date/time should be displayed, I can easily add it.

Hi, I think this would be great new functionality, so I would propose the date/time stamp for an uploaded file was placed just after the file size text that appears at the far right hand side of all attachments.

Many Thanks
Fergus
  65710   Thu Jan 24 13:50:10 2008 Question Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comQuestionWindowsV2.7.1-200Converting dates from an Excel import into ELOG

Hi,

I'm importing an Excel spreadsheet into ELOG through CSV format.  All working fine apart from dates.

Dates are exporting from Excel in the format "day/month/year" so 1st January 2008 is exported as 01/01/2008 in the CSV.

However all dates are displayed in ELOG as "01/01/1970" regardless of the field content, and looking at the raw ELOG data file dates are displayed as numeric's - so for example 01/01/2008 is "1199188800"

Can you tell me how dates are computed/stored in ELOG so that I can do the necessary conversion.

Many Thanks

Fergus

65711   Thu Jan 24 16:50:16 2008 Reply Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comQuestionWindowsV2.7.1-200Re: Converting dates from an Excel import into ELOG

Fergus Lynch wrote:

Hi,

I'm importing an Excel spreadsheet into ELOG through CSV format.  All working fine apart from dates.

Dates are exporting from Excel in the format "day/month/year" so 1st January 2008 is exported as 01/01/2008 in the CSV.

However all dates are displayed in ELOG as "01/01/1970" regardless of the field content, and looking at the raw ELOG data file dates are displayed as numeric's - so for example 01/01/2008 is "1199188800"

Can you tell me how dates are computed/stored in ELOG so that I can do the necessary conversion.

Many Thanks

Fergus

S'ok - looked up the documentation  and have converted Excel dates to ELOG 'seconds since 01/01/1970' and all has come over fine!

Thanks

Fergus

68889   Wed Feb 13 09:29:36 2019 Question Finn Junkerfj@tvis.netQuestionWindows3.14Unwanted double entries eg. double clicking submit button

I'm having a minor issue that were getting double entries due to the user is using the "submit" button more than once.

I seems like when there is a lag either on the machine or on the network it is possible to tap the "submit" button more than once resulting i a double or triple entry containing the same text and a almost identical timestamp.

Is there a way to aviod this?, my "solution" so far has been to select the entries and manually delete them. I'm using Elog version 3.14

Kind Regards Finn

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf