Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versionup Subject
  1436   Sun Oct 9 20:49:41 2005 Blink Exaos LeeExaos.Lee@gmail.comRequestAll2.6.0beta5Some spell mistakes
I find some new strings from the warnings like this:

Quote:
Language error: string "HelpELCode" not found for language "chinese"

I have added these new string to the languages files in Chinese. I think:
"Enter name of hypelink" should be "Enter name of hyperlink".
  1437   Mon Oct 10 08:03:57 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | Mac OSX2.6.0beta5Re: "Error: Cannot find hostname"

Exaos Lee wrote:
I usually access hosts in LAN with their IPs. But elogd seems to prefer hostnames to IPs. I cannot ask each one to add the hostname to their system config file while they visit my host. I encounter several problems which seems to be related to the hostname resolution:
  • I can visit remote elog service through IP and port, but cannot submit entry and cannot open the config page remotely. For example, my powerbook's name is "exaos-pb-12" and its IP is 10.10.2.96. I run elogd on my PB and try to access it through URL http://10.10.2.96:8080/ on host 10.10.2.99. While I submit a new entry or open the config page, my firefox alway blames: "exaos-pb-12.local could not be found. Please check the name and try again."
  • Sometimes, all the images, colors are missing. It looks like that my firefox cannot find the correct URL of these images or CSS files. It might be the same problem of "cannot find hostname".

In such a situation you describe it might help to use

URL = http://10.10.2.96:8080/

in the configuration file. This way elogd uses also IP numbers for redirection. Please let me know if that works.
  1438   Mon Oct 10 10:52:02 2005 Reply Exaos LeeExaos.Lee@gmail.comBug reportLinux | Mac OSX2.6.0beta5Re: "Error: Cannot find hostname"
Yes, the "URL" works. Thanks!
  1439   Mon Oct 10 12:53:46 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chOtherAll2.6.0beta5Re: The Chinese Language,Demo Configuration and Help Files

Exaos Lee wrote:
I want to make elogd display the date in Chinese format. Please tell me howto.

Thank you for the files.

If you specify

Language = zh_CN

Then elogd looks for a file "eloglang.zh_CN" for the translation, for a file "eloghelp_zh.html"
for the help, and does a

setlocale("zh_CN");

to switch to Chinese date format. To retrieve the date, elogd calls strftime("%x");
  1441   Mon Oct 10 14:01:14 2005 Question Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | Mac OSX2.6.0beta5Re: Cannot submit admin password while logbook is named in Chinese

Exaos Lee wrote:
As the title.

There is no possibility to change an admin password. You probably mean that you logged in as admin and cannot change your own password, is that right? Do you use user level access via "password file = ..."? What is your elogd.cfg? I tried to switch language to German and I can change my own password via the config page.
  1442   Mon Oct 10 14:09:49 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestAll2.6.0beta5Re: Some spell mistakes

Exaos Lee wrote:
I find some new strings from the warnings like this:

Quote:
Language error: string "HelpELCode" not found for language "chinese"

I have added these new string to the languages files in Chinese. I think:
"Enter name of hypelink" should be "Enter name of hyperlink".

Ok, fixed in the current subversion repository. Better write such things by personal mail to me, since it might not interest the elog community very much.
  1445   Mon Oct 10 19:26:35 2005 Reply Exaos LeeExaos.Lee@gmail.comRequestAll2.6.0beta5Re: Some spell mistakes

Quote:
Ok, fixed in the current subversion repository. Better write such things by personal mail to me, since it might not interest the elog community very much.

Sorry. Wink I will mail you first next time.
  1446   Mon Oct 10 19:33:05 2005 Reply Exaos LeeExaos.Lee@gmail.comBug reportLinux | Mac OSX2.6.0beta5Re: Cannot submit admin password while logbook is named in Chinese

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Exaos Lee wrote:
As the title.

There is no possibility to change an admin password. You probably mean that you logged in as admin and cannot change your own password, is that right? Do you use user level access via "password file = ..."? What is your elogd.cfg? I tried to switch language to German and I can change my own password via the config page.

Sorry for my poor English. The case is like this: When I set an admin password for my logbook which is named in Chinese, I cannot open the config page while the password is correct. It seems that the logbook named in Chinese cannot recieve the password submitted. If the logbook is named other than Chinese, everything is OK. I will repeat the problem and describe it more exactly.
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf