Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSup ELOG Version Subject
  1388   Fri Aug 5 16:15:04 2005 Smile Chris Greengreenc@fnal.govBug reportLinux2.6.0-CVSRe: Top Groups, Show Top Groups, password file and Protect Selection page have nasty interaction

Stefan Ritt wrote:
One note I would like to make however: "Top groups" were invented for having completely separate logbook groups. Before the invention of top groups, one had to run several instances of elogd for different departments for example, where one department should not see the other department's logbooks. But having many departments means having to maintain many elogd daemons. This led to the invention of top groups, so one daemon can serve several independent groups, each having their own [global] section, with probably their own administrator.

In your case however, it would be more applicable not to use top groups, but use nested groups. Like
Group MiniBooNE = Analysis, Miscellaneous
Group Analysis = Charged Current Pi Plus, Neutral Current Coherent Pions
Group Miscellaneous = demo

I presume this is more what you want, and you can avoid some problems which arise from top groups.

The quick attempt I just made to use this doesn't do what I want, which is to require password protection for the Analysis logbook selection page. If you think that *is* possible and I just didn't configure it properly, I'd appreciate pointers. In the meantime though, your bug fixes appear to have solved my top group / password problem and I think I'll proceed with that for now.

Thanks again,
Chris.
  1390   Fri Aug 5 16:17:00 2005 Question Chris Greengreenc@fnal.govQuestionLinux2.6.0b4How does RSS interact with password protection?
Can I have an RSS feed to a protected log book? Does it also require authentication, or does it bypass it? If it bypasses it, how do I disable RSS?

Thanks,
Chris.
  1391   Fri Aug 5 16:48:56 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0b4Re: How does RSS interact with password protection?

Chris Green wrote:
Can I have an RSS feed to a protected log book? Does it also require authentication, or does it bypass it? If it bypasses it, how do I disable RSS?

Thanks,
Chris.

I added this topic to the FAQs at http://midas.psi.ch/elog/faq.html#15
  1392   Fri Aug 5 16:51:02 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.6.0-CVSRe: Top Groups, Show Top Groups, password file and Protect Selection page have nasty interaction

Chris Green wrote:
The quick attempt I just made to use this doesn't do what I want, which is to require password protection for the Analysis logbook selection page.

This indeed is not possible and you have to use top groups for that.
  1393   Sun Aug 7 17:16:42 2005 Idea cunnilinuxcunnilinux@bigmir.netInfoLinux2.5.7charset specified in elog.conf has no effect [updated]

well, here's the problem that i had: my charset (koi8-u) was specified in elog.conf for every logbook, but this had no effect, and all elog pages continued tu appeared as iso-8859-1 (which is the default)

when i specified charset in the global section, the problem's gone away.

2do: i think it's worth testing how does it work whet charset specified for a separate logbook overrides globally specidied charset

elog version that is in use: 2.5.7 from debian sarge 3.1 r0a powerpc

1395   Wed Aug 10 10:50:55 2005 Question Bertram Metzbmetz@sbs.comQuestionLinux2.6.0-betaLong lines in printout
Hi,

long lines in an entry are not printed correctly (the lines are cut off), if the text is encoded as plain text. This works correctly, if the text is encoded as ELCode. I tried this with Firefox and Internet Explorer. Does anybody know a solution for this?

Thanks,
Bertram
  1397   Wed Aug 10 18:32:14 2005 Warning Oleg SolovyanovOleg.Solovyanov@ihep.ruBug reportLinux2.6.0-b4Comment tooltip shows comment from other logbook
I have several logbooks with Comment lines,
but the tooltip shows sometimes the correct comment,
sometimes the comment from other logbook...

I see the same behaviour also on this very page...

I use Mozilla 1.7.10.
Tried with Konqueror -> same problem.
  1398   Mon Aug 15 12:54:56 2005 Reply Michael Husbynmichaelh@online.noQuestionLinux2.5.9-2Re: Omitting some fields in e-mail
> 
> > I added the option "Email attributes = <list>" for that. So you can specify
> > 
> > Email attributes = UA, Pri, Status, Oppdragsgiver, EpostTil, Tittel
> > 
> > which also sets the order of the attributes. The cange is in CVS.

Hello Stefan,

Tested the 2.6.0-beta4, and it sort of works. config parameter:
Email attributes = Tittel,Status

gives the mail:

Logbook             : work
Tittel              : Test
Status              : Åpen

Logbook URL         : http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/work/904

---

Is there a way to remove Logbook field (and perhaps Logbook URL if I want?)

Best regards
Michael
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf