Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon5.gif   drag and drop attachments only working for admins if "restrict edit = 1", posted by Devin Bougie on Tue Jan 19 22:03:36 2016 
I'm finally able to reproduce this, and my initial description was incorrect.  If we have "restrict edit = 1", only an "Admin
user" can use the "Dop attachments here..." or the "Image" button in the CKEditor.  The old "Choose File,"
"Upload" buttons, however, works just fine for anyone.
icon5.gif   entry does not appear in list while it is being edited, posted by Devin Bougie on Wed Jan 20 20:38:17 2016 
When an entry is being edited, it does not appear in the list once it's been autosaved or the editor manually clicks on "Save."  This
has been reproduced in the "Linux Demo" forum on this site, as well as on a clean installation of the 3.1.1 binary on EL6.

It would be great if there was a configuraiton option to control this, but I haven't found it yet.  To reproduce:
icon5.gif   New entry cannot be written to directory "/usr/local/elog/logbooks/demo/", posted by Tapasi Ghosh on Mon Feb 8 13:52:33 2016 image.png
Dear All,

I could not submit a new enetry to my logbook whenever restarting my laptop.  I am a new user to elog.

Attached is the screenshot of the error message and also there is "nobody" while I grep elog.
icon5.gif   Find empty attributes, posted by Arno Teunisse on Tue Feb 16 23:19:31 2016 
Want to use the find function from ELOG to search for empty fields ( Attributes that are not defined ) 
How to do that ? 
Could not find it in the Forum.
icon5.gif   Links to images in notification message, posted by Devin Bougie on Fri Feb 26 17:20:52 2016 screenshot.png
We see two problems with the notificaiton email when attaching an image inline using drag-and-drop.

The thumbnail does not appear in its proper location inline.  There is a ? placeholder where the thumbnail should be, and the
thumbnail then appears at the end of the message.
Neither the ? placeholder nor the thumbnail that do appear are clickable.

Our
icon5.gif   Attribute Field Size Limited to 255 Characters, posted by Mike Bodine on Thu Mar 3 00:12:45 2016 
I currently have an Attribute defined in my .cfg file as  "Format <Attribute> = 0, attribname, attribvalue, 120, 500".
I've found if I exceed 255 characters elogd.exe fails. Is there a method that will allow me to exceed 255 characters?
icon5.gif   elogd -m Error sending local entry: Error transmitting message, posted by Dave on Thu Mar 10 00:26:03 2016 
I'm running ELOG on a seperate Windows Servers.

When I try to synchronize the logbooks using "elogd -m", I get an "Error sending local entry: Error transmitting message"

If I click on the "Synchronize" link in the logbook, it can correctly send entry to remote ELOG.
icon5.gif   Installation: Failed Dependencies, posted by Phil Rubin on Fri Mar 11 17:29:47 2016 
Is there anything I can do about this?

kernel:  2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.x86_64

ldd (GNU libc) 2.12
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886