Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 215 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68367   Thu Jul 21 13:08:44 2016 Question Antonio Bulgheroniantonio.bulgheroni@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.1Image source url missing

Dear all, sorry for asking you another question, but today after I finally recovered all my logbook entries, I updated to elog 3.1.1 and now I have a problem uploading images.

This is what I do:

• Click on the insert "Image" button in the editor toolbar
  • In the popup window I select the picture I want to upload and then press "Send to server". I see the file appearing among the attachments at the bottom of the message.
  • I click OK, but the popup complains that the Image Source URL is missing. Indeed when I switch to the other tab the URL field is open.

I have tried on your demo logbook and after the image is sent to the server, the URL field is automatically filled.

What am I doing wrong? With 2.9.2 it was working normally.

Thanks again and best regards

Antonio

68380   Wed Aug 10 16:46:09 2016 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.1Quick Filter not searching on Enter

With all of our instances of Elog where we have Quick Filters enabled, any filter that we input characters into does not search the server when we press enter (there is no "Search" button). Interestingly, it will only search when we click anywhere on a blank area of the Elog interface. Is that the intended procedure for searching?

68385   Fri Aug 19 19:39:50 2016 Question Darren Hollinrakehollinrakedp@gmail.comQuestionWindowsV3.1.1-3f311c5elog client cmd line submission of attributes with spaces.
I was setting of a local test copy of my logbooks on my Windows 7 PC to begin testing automation of submissions without spamming the live logbooks. While trying to make entries from the command line I get an error that I am missing a required attribute. I have multiple attributes that have spaces in them an the verbose output indicates that the space in the name is being changed to an underscore. Is this the expected behavior or a bug when submitting to the elog client in Windows?

Command being entered:

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ELOG>elog -h 127.0.0.1 -p 443 -s -l "Oceana Logbook" -u j
ohn.smith john.smith -v -n 0 -a Platform=LSOT -a "Start Time"="Fri, 19 Aug 2016
12:58:01 -0500" -a "Author=John Smith" -a "Device=2H111-1" -a "Action Type"=Mai
ntenance -a "Maint Type"=Unscheduled -a "System=Device" -a "Downtime=No" -a "Man
Hours"=1.0 -a MAF="" -a "Lost Time"="" -m "testing"

You can see where I have multiple attributes with spaces. Below you see where the name shows an underscore instead of a space.

Quote:
Successfully connected to host 127.0.0.1, port 443
Request sent to host:
POST /Oceana+Logbook/ HTTP/1.0
Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------22C602B76
C41
Host: 127.0.0.1:443
User-Agent: ELOG
Content-Length: 1790

Content sent to host:
---------------------------22C602B76C41
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="cmd"

Submit
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="unm"

john.smith
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="upwd"

JUl77l/.kXYBzfoOZpsy.URRZEZpg2SHZNZIum6Rh/5
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="exp"

Oceana Logbook
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="encoding"

ELCode
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Platform"

LSOT
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Start_Time"

Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:58:01 -0500
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Author"

Bruce Slack
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Device"

2H111-1
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Action_Type"

Maintenance
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Maint_Type"

Unscheduled
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="System"

Device
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Downtime"

No
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Man_Hours"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="MAF"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Lost_Time"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Text"

testing 123

Response received:
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: ELOG HTTP 3.1.1-3f311c5
Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1
Connection: Close

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
<title>ELOG error</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="elog.css">
</head>
<body><center>
<table class="dlgframe" width="50%" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"<tr><td class
="errormsg"><i>Error: Attribute <b>Start Time</b> not supplied.</i><p>
Please go back and enter the <b>Start Time</b> field.
</td></tr>
<tr><td class="errormsg"><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
document.write("<button type=button onClick=history.back()>Back</button>");
</script>
<noscript>
Please use your browser's back button to go back
</noscript>
</td></tr>
</table>
</center></body></html>

Error: Missing required attribute "Start Time"

68413   Tue Sep 6 13:35:05 2016 Question Daniel Sajdykdaniel.sajdyk@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.1-3f311c5Highlight code?

Hello :)

Is there any way to highlight code (for example php, SQL) in elogs entries?

Best Regards

Daniel Sajdyk

68421   Fri Sep 9 10:31:15 2016 Question christianc_grebing@web.deQuestionWindows3.1.2Windows service settings

Hello,

I've been successfully using elog as a daemon since several years on a Linux machine. For some reasons recently I had to switch to a Windows 7 machine. Here, setting up the elog daemon doesn't work for me:

(a) running the command:

"...\ELOG\elog.exe" -c "...\ELOG\elogd.cfg"

in a windows shell works perfectly fine - logbook is up and running as set up in the cfg-file.

(b) However, starting the windows service manually (start->control panel->system and security->administrative tools->services) that was set up automatically during installation of elog leads to an error message:

"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

From the service settings I can verify that the service is running exactly the same command that works in (a).

Could someone please share the windows service settings? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Christian

68428   Wed Sep 21 18:58:18 2016 Question Christina winsoncswinson@bnl.govQuestionLinux3.1.1How do I use Preset Text only when a given topic is selected?

Hi,

I'm looking to use a template for only a subset of logbook entries. Is there some way to apply a template when a specific topic or category is selected?

Help for the newbie much appreciated.

Christina 

68433   Wed Sep 28 10:36:53 2016 Question Jackie Schwehrjackie.schwehr@colostat.eduQuestionLinuxELOG V2.9.2-245Using an RSS reader on a pasword protected elog

I'm trying to set up a python rss parser to read the output from my collaboration's elog, however the elog is password protected and I cannot figure out how to have a python scrip get past the login screen.  Is there something obvious I'm missing that will allow a parser to submit a username and password? If that's too python-specific of a question for this audience, then what is the exact security method elog uses, so I can get information on that?  I've read through the documentation and either I don't know what I'm reading (likely) or I'm not looking in the right spot.

68443   Wed Oct 26 16:39:38 2016 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Datetime format with elog client

What is the input format expected by the elog client for a required Datetime defined field when inserting a record? (Eg: October 26, 2016 = ? in the field's data parameter).

I have read some prior posts on this and the indication is that the input needs to use epoch time, however even when I enter 1477493161 or 0 the client still flags the variable data as missing. If this is in fact the format I shoud be using then I can provide a sample input and output message to illustrate my problem.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886