Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 218 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  65733   Mon Feb 11 22:24:37 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | WindowsV2.7.2Re: Data Export:: Date Problem

Richard Ecclestone wrote:

Hi

Im currently experimenting with Elog to see if we can use it to track maintenance work. But Ive come up against a problem, When I export the data to a csv file,

the date has a comma inserted between the day of the week and the rest of the date. This means that all the fields are then shifted to the right after the date.

This looks like a bug to me, the test records included in the demo does not exhibit this problem, until a new record is added.

What about exporting record separated by a semicolong ";" ?

65734   Mon Feb 11 22:33:37 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | WindowsV2.7.2Re: Data Export:: Date Problem

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Hi

Im currently experimenting with Elog to see if we can use it to track maintenance work. But Ive come up against a problem, When I export the data to a csv file,

the date has a comma inserted between the day of the week and the rest of the date. This means that all the fields are then shifted to the right after the date.

This looks like a bug to me, the test records included in the demo does not exhibit this problem, until a new record is added.

I fixed that in SVN revision #2040, the comma is simply replaced by a space in the date string.

65735   Tue Feb 12 08:54:48 2008 Reply Richard Ecclestonerichard.ecclestone@cern.chBug reportLinux | WindowsV2.7.2Re: Data Export:: Date Problem

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Hi

I fixed that in SVN revision #2040, the comma is simply replaced by a space in the date string.

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the quick reply.

We seem to be running 2012 - Which may explain the problem - I will see with our system administrator why we are not running 2040. By the way I also had this problem when running the windows version.

Cheers.. Richard

65736   Tue Feb 12 10:52:17 2008 Reply Richard Ecclestonerichard.ecclestone@cern.chBug reportLinux | WindowsV2.7.2Re: Data Export:: Date Problem

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Hi

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the quick reply.

We seem to be running 2012 - Which may explain the problem - I will see with our system administrator why we are not running 2040. By the way I also had this problem when running the windows version.

Cheers.. Richard

Hi Stefan

Our IT administrator has just downloaded and installed the latest source code from the site and installed it. We still now have version 2012?

Where do we get version 2041 ?

Cheers,  Richard

65737   Tue Feb 12 11:42:01 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | WindowsV2.7.2Re: Data Export:: Date Problem

Our IT administrator has just downloaded and installed the latest source code from the site and installed it. We still now have version 2012?

The bleeding edge version you get always from our SVN server, but you have to recompile it yourself. For your convenience, I just made you a version 2.7.2-3 containing the latest source code.

65738   Tue Feb 12 20:40:53 2008 Reply Richard Ecclestonerichard.ecclestone@cern.chBug reportLinux | WindowsV2.7.2Re: Data Export:: Date Problem

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The bleeding edge version you get always from our SVN server, but you have to recompile it yourself. For your convenience, I just made you a version 2.7.2-3 containing the latest source code.

Thanks Stefan

Everything works now.

65739   Tue Feb 12 23:57:52 2008 Reply Jochen Krempelkrempel@ill.frCommentAll2.7.2-2Re: Absolut links for images in FCK Editor

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Jochen Krempel wrote:

We use ELOG inside a local network, but we want to allow access also from outside the firewall.

The suggested solution from Elog Admin Guide worked fine until version ELOG V2.6.5-1844 (essentially without FCK Editor):

ssh -L 1234:your.server.name:8080 your.firewall.name
firefox
http://localhost:1234/

Howerver, since the update to ELOG V2.7.1-2002 the FCK Editor uses absolute links to insert images.

An image uploaded from the local network will have an address like:

http://your.server.name:8080/logbookname/080207_101110/Picture.jpg

while the same image uploaded through the firewall tunnel will have a link like:

http://localhost:1234/logbookname/080207_101110/Picture.jpg

Obviously images uploaded from outside are not visible from inside and vice versa.

Is it possible to convince FCK Editor to use relative links?

PS
ELOG is great!!

I fixed this in SVN revision #2038.

Thank you for the quick support!

65741   Fri Feb 15 06:59:52 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.7.2Re: move mxml code into elog's src directory

Jeff Stoner wrote:

The mxml source code should be moved into the elog-*/src directory. This requires changing the Makefile to:

MXMLDIR = src/mxml

Reason for change: if you want to build several versions of elog and you unpack the distributions in the same top-level directory, the most recently unpackaged version will overwrite the mxml directory contents, possibly introducing bugs.

From your point of view that request is reasonable, but the reason of having mxml in a separate top level directory is that I use it in many different projects. If I would keep a copy of mxml in each project, I would have to update all of them manually if there is a bug. On the other hand the code of mxml changes very seldom. If you look at the history, it got ~5 changes last year, while elog itself had hundreds. And since I do not change the API, a bugfix in mxml should be to the benefit of all elog versions. It is like with other projects which depend on a number of packages. Like if you install Apache for example, you need a certain version of OpenSLL, a certain version of libcrypt, and so on.  So think of mxml like another package you have to combine with elog.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886