Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 219 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   Adding New User Failed During Email Send, posted by Jason Moore on Wed Jan 17 18:11:49 2018 
The following error occured during the addition of new user, first time this occured:

"Cannot send email notification to "xxx@xxx.com" Sender address rejected: Domain not found

Please use your browser's back button to go back
    icon2.gif   Re: Adding New User Failed During Email Send, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jan 17 19:51:49 2018 
This error comes from your email SMTP server, not from elog. It complains about the email address xxx@xxx.com which refers to a nonexisting domain. Just
read the message.

Stefan
icon5.gif   v3.1.3 does not work with logbooks from v2.9.2?, posted by Yves on Thu Feb 1 03:12:03 2018 test1.pngtest2.png
I have just upgraded elog from 2.9.2 -> 3.1.3.

3.1.3 runs fine with new logbooks. However, when trying to run 3.1.3 with my logbooks created with 2.9.2 things stop working.

Here is the command I run for testing [attachment 1]: first of all it takes a very long time (~ 10 minutes) for it to index the logbooks. When
    icon2.gif   Re: v3.1.3 does not work with logbooks from v2.9.2?, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Thu Feb 1 10:14:55 2018 
Hi Yves,

just my two pence, maybe they help you to figure out what's going on:

versions 2.* had all entries of one
logbook in one directory. Version 3.* create a subdirectory for each year. This had been added for me: if you use AFS for logbook storage, then you have
a limit on how many files you can put into a single directory.

So the first time you start elogd 3.* with data from an elogd 2.* it should
    icon2.gif   Re: v3.1.3 does not work with logbooks from v2.9.2? - solved, posted by Yves on Fri Feb 2 00:02:54 2018 
Hi Andreas,

Thanks - you pointed me in the right direction. It appears that my logbooks were a combination of the two versions. I had all the year-directories
(version 3) but also all the entry files in the main logbook directory. Seems version 2 does not care but version 3 does not like it. After carefully checking
icon5.gif   Problem with special character "č", posted by Matej Sedej on Fri Feb 16 09:18:56 2018 
Hello!

First of all, thank you for this great piece of software! For now it seems to perfectly cover our need to log very basic events, there was a
setting for everything we wanted to set.
    icon2.gif   Re: Problem with special character "č", posted by Matej Sedej on Fri Feb 16 09:36:18 2018 
I see the same problem exists on this board as well. Actuall it appears only the attribute fields are affected. The č character was incorrectly
written to the log file from the subject field above, but correctly from the body text below.

Matej
icon4.gif   BSOD, posted by Ales Novak on Fri Feb 23 21:27:12 2018 MemDmp.png
Hi,

I have been using elog for a few years and it is a wonderfull software and has been one that I can't go without. So thank you very much for
making it. 
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886