Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 219 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSdown ELOG Version Subject
  68721   Wed Jan 17 18:11:49 2018 Question Jason Moorejason.moore@viewglass.comQuestionWindows2.7.1-200Adding New User Failed During Email Send

The following error occured during the addition of new user, first time this occured:

"Cannot send email notification to "xxx@xxx.com" Sender address rejected: Domain not found

Please use your browser's back button to go back

We are using version 2.7.1-2002. Could this be a version issue? When we loaded the new version, the browser GUI was scrambled and illegible using Microsoft Edge/Explorer and Firefox.

68722   Wed Jan 17 19:51:49 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.7.1-200Re: Adding New User Failed During Email Send

This error comes from your email SMTP server, not from elog. It complains about the email address xxx@xxx.com which refers to a nonexisting domain. Just read the message.

Stefan

Jason Moore wrote:

The following error occured during the addition of new user, first time this occured:

"Cannot send email notification to "xxx@xxx.com" Sender address rejected: Domain not found

Please use your browser's back button to go back

We are using version 2.7.1-2002. Could this be a version issue? When we loaded the new version, the browser GUI was scrambled and illegible using Microsoft Edge/Explorer and Firefox.

68729   Thu Feb 1 03:12:03 2018 Question Yvesvanhaarlemyves@gmail.comQuestionWindows2.9.2->3.1.3 v3.1.3 does not work with logbooks from v2.9.2?

I have just upgraded elog from 2.9.2 -> 3.1.3.

3.1.3 runs fine with new logbooks. However, when trying to run 3.1.3 with my logbooks created with 2.9.2 things stop working.

Here is the command I run for testing [attachment 1]: first of all it takes a very long time (~ 10 minutes) for it to index the logbooks. When finished indexing I try it out in a web browser - it takes infinite time to load: no error message appears but also no logbook. After an hour or so elogd crashes without an error message.

When running 2.9.2 on the same machine, all runs wel (attachment 2)

cfd file: (I only left in one logbook - they are all configured the same)

[global]
port = 18080
Logging level = 3
Max content length = 500000000
Date format = %A, %d %B %Y

[Logrun - Amptek]
Theme = default
Comment = Logrun Amptec
Reverse sort = 0
Quick filter = Date, Type

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Attachment 1: test1.png
test1.png
Attachment 2: test2.png
test2.png
  68730   Thu Feb 1 10:14:55 2018 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindows2.9.2->3.1.3 Re: v3.1.3 does not work with logbooks from v2.9.2?
Hi Yves,
just my two pence, maybe they help you to figure out what's going on:
versions 2.* had all entries of one logbook in one directory. Version 3.* create a subdirectory for each year. This had been added for me: if you use AFS for logbook storage, then you have a limit on how many files you can put into a single directory.
So the first time you start elogd 3.* with data from an elogd 2.* it should move all your logbook entries into sub-directories for each year. If that would have happened, you would not be able to use these logbook directories with the 2.9.2 version.
Maybe your logbook client is not allowed to create sub-directories? Although I would guess that it then would just throw an error message and stop.
Cheers, Andreas
Yves wrote:

3.1.3 runs fine with new logbooks. However, when trying to run 3.1.3 with my logbooks created with 2.9.2 things stop working.

Here is the command I run for testing [attachment 1]: first of all it takes a very long time (~ 10 minutes) for it to index the logbooks. When finished indexing I try it out in a web browser - it takes infinite time to load: no error message appears but also no logbook. After an hour or so elogd crashes without an error message.

[global]
port = 18080
Logging level = 3

[Logrun - Amptek]
Theme = default
Comment = Logrun Amptec
Reverse sort = 0

68733   Fri Feb 2 00:02:54 2018 Reply Yvesvanhaarlemyves@gmail.comQuestionWindows2.9.2->3.1.3 Re: v3.1.3 does not work with logbooks from v2.9.2? - solved

Hi Andreas,

Thanks - you pointed me in the right direction. It appears that my logbooks were a combination of the two versions. I had all the year-directories (version 3) but also all the entry files in the main logbook directory. Seems version 2 does not care but version 3 does not like it. After carefully checking and removing all the logbook files in the main directory version 3 now works.

Cheers,

Yves

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
Hi Yves,
just my two pence, maybe they help you to figure out what's going on:
versions 2.* had all entries of one logbook in one directory. Version 3.* create a subdirectory for each year. This had been added for me: if you use AFS for logbook storage, then you have a limit on how many files you can put into a single directory.
So the first time you start elogd 3.* with data from an elogd 2.* it should move all your logbook entries into sub-directories for each year. If that would have happened, you would not be able to use these logbook directories with the 2.9.2 version.
Maybe your logbook client is not allowed to create sub-directories? Although I would guess that it then would just throw an error message and stop.
Cheers, Andreas
Yves wrote:

[global]
port = 18080
Logging level = 3

[Logrun - Amptek]
Theme = default
Comment = Logrun Amptec
Reverse sort = 0

68741   Fri Feb 16 09:18:56 2018 Question Matej Sedejmsedej@hotmail.comBug reportWindowsELOG V3.1.3-fd7Problem with special character "č"

Hello!

First of all, thank you for this great piece of software! For now it seems to perfectly cover our need to log very basic events, there was a setting for everything we wanted to set.

However we have one problem and that is the saving of the letter "č" (Slovenian) into the log files. That is unicode character U+010C and U+010CD https://unicode-table.com/en/010C/. When writing to the log file it is replaced with "Č" and "č". Is there a known fix for this?

Thank you and best regards,

Matej

68742   Fri Feb 16 09:36:18 2018 Reply Matej Sedejmsedej@hotmail.comBug reportWindowsELOG V3.1.3-fd7Re: Problem with special character "č"

I see the same problem exists on this board as well. Actuall it appears only the attribute fields are affected. The č character was incorrectly written to the log file from the subject field above, but correctly from the body text below.

Matej Sedej wrote:

Hello!

First of all, thank you for this great piece of software! For now it seems to perfectly cover our need to log very basic events, there was a setting for everything we wanted to set.

However we have one problem and that is the saving of the letter "č" (Slovenian) into the log files. That is unicode character U+010C and U+010CD https://unicode-table.com/en/010C/. When writing to the log file it is replaced with "Č" and "č". Is there a known fix for this?

Thank you and best regards,

Matej

68743   Fri Feb 23 21:27:12 2018 Warning Ales NovakCortana.Alert@gmail.comBug reportWindowsV3.1.3-fd7f1e2BSOD

Hi,

I have been using elog for a few years and it is a wonderfull software and has been one that I can't go without. So thank you very much for making it. smiley

After about a year, I upgraded to the latest version. I noticed that it causes the system to crash. It doesn't seem to happen that often. 

I have installed this on 2 machines, one Windows 10 and one on Windows 7. Over the last week I got one BSOD on each OS. 

The elogs have different configs and logbooks. One is a simple elog that doesn't have any attachments or anything funky. Just straight text.

Please see attached a screenshot of the Memory.DMP which has happned seconds after an schedule restarted the elog service on my PC. 

I will keep monitoring and see if will happen again. But I thought I log it here anyway.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Ales.

Attachment 1: MemDmp.png
MemDmp.png
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886