Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 225 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSdown ELOG Version Subject
  68867   Wed Nov 28 18:23:59 2018 Reply Yanick Vachonyvachon@materiauxblanchet.caRequestWindows3.1.2Re: Need to change port 25

Good! 

so, i've tried to compile but iwonder if i does it correctly,

look at the error i got:

Thanks again!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Ok, so I added the option 

STMP port = xxx

where you can specify 587 to override the default port 25. I committed the changes to bitbucket. Can you compile from sources, or do I have to dig out my dusty Windows PC?

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

I Stefan, it works with the 587 port.

Attachment 1: Capture_Compile.PNG
Capture_Compile.PNG
  68868   Thu Nov 29 09:56:45 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows3.1.2Re: Need to change port 25

I put a new executable for you under https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download/windows/

It's named elog314-2.exe

Best,
Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Good! 

so, i've tried to compile but iwonder if i does it correctly,

look at the error i got:

Thanks again!

68869   Tue Dec 4 21:30:13 2018 Reply Yanick Vachonyvachon@materiauxblanchet.caBug reportWindows3.1.2Re: French Language

I Stefan, i got the problem again with the french version, i realised that if i open it with Chrome or Edge it's not working but with Internet Explorer it works envery times. Is there a way i can use it with Chrome?

Thanks!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I just tried myself with the current version 3.1.4 and it worked for me flawlessly. Maybe you want to upgrade.

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

When i set Language = French in global config it works in french until i logout, after i can't login anymore, even if i enter my user and password i always stay at the login window, the only way to login again is to edit the Elogd.cfg file in Elog directory, remove the Language = french and save then i can login in and work normally in english version.

Thanks.

68870   Wed Dec 5 08:41:07 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindows3.1.2Re: French Language

Have you tried to delete all cookies in Chrome?

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

I Stefan, i got the problem again with the french version, i realised that if i open it with Chrome or Edge it's not working but with Internet Explorer it works envery times. Is there a way i can use it with Chrome?

Thanks!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I just tried myself with the current version 3.1.4 and it worked for me flawlessly. Maybe you want to upgrade.

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

When i set Language = French in global config it works in french until i logout, after i can't login anymore, even if i enter my user and password i always stay at the login window, the only way to login again is to edit the Elogd.cfg file in Elog directory, remove the Language = french and save then i can login in and work normally in english version.

Thanks.

68871   Wed Dec 5 14:38:51 2018 Reply Yanick Vachonyvachon@materiauxblanchet.caBug reportWindows3.1.2Re: French Language

I've deleted the cookies and it works.

Thanks!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Have you tried to delete all cookies in Chrome?

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Thanks!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

Yanick Vachon wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

68873   Fri Dec 14 15:46:14 2018 Question Frank Baptistacaffeinejazz@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.2Logbook architecture and availability

I have a setting which makes ELOG a perfect solution, but there's a situation that I'm struggling to get my head around. We have 3 separate laboratories, each one containing a number of temperature chambers, which run almost constantly over a number of shifts. Each temperature chamber has it's own logbook (laptop). So far, pretty simple.
My dilemma is, our network goes down for maintenance/updates (more often than I'd like), but our operation cannot afford to stop during network interruptions.
With that said, I thought about whether I could run a "local" logbook on each laptop/chamber, and somehow mirror the local logbook to the main ELOG server.
Perhaps I'm over-thinking this...do you have any recommendations?

68874   Fri Dec 14 16:00:45 2018 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows3.1.2Re: Logbook architecture and availability

Sure that's easy. Install elog on each laptop separately, so they run without network. Then, set up a central elog server, and use "mirroring" as explained in the documentation at https://elog.psi.ch/elog/config.html#mirroring

So when ever the entwork comes back, you execute a manual mirror operation, and your new entries will be pushed to the central elog server.

Best,
Stefan

Frank Baptista wrote:

I have a setting which makes ELOG a perfect solution, but there's a situation that I'm struggling to get my head around. We have 3 separate laboratories, each one containing a number of temperature chambers, which run almost constantly over a number of shifts. Each temperature chamber has it's own logbook (laptop). So far, pretty simple.
My dilemma is, our network goes down for maintenance/updates (more often than I'd like), but our operation cannot afford to stop during network interruptions.
With that said, I thought about whether I could run a "local" logbook on each laptop/chamber, and somehow mirror the local logbook to the main ELOG server.

68875   Fri Dec 14 17:22:31 2018 Reply Frank Baptistacaffeinejazz@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.2Re: Logbook architecture and availability

Thanks Stephan! I guess I was making it harder than it is.  I'm still a little fuzzy -- in this instance, am I correct in saying that each laptop would be considered a "master", and the remote (network) server considered the "slave"?  Also, I'm not sure quite sure -- which server should be assigned responsibility for performing periodic synchronization between the laptop and the central elog server?

Thanks again for all you do -- Happy Holidays!

Frank

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Sure that's easy. Install elog on each laptop separately, so they run without network. Then, set up a central elog server, and use "mirroring" as explained in the documentation at https://elog.psi.ch/elog/config.html#mirroring

So when ever the entwork comes back, you execute a manual mirror operation, and your new entries will be pushed to the central elog server.

Best,
Stefan

Frank Baptista wrote:

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886