Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 227 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
    icon2.gif   Re: Error Sending Email, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Oct 12 16:34:07 2006 
[quote="Ibrahim Genc"]I get error message after submitting a message[/quote]

Your verbose output seems to be only partial. I have modified the verbose output recently, so please update to a more recent version of elog. With 2.6.2-3
    icon2.gif   Re: Elog v2.6.2-1722 appears to have broken "Suppress default [0|1|2|3]" option on Windows XP box, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Oct 13 16:59:13 2006 
[quote="Gregory M. Caughey"]Hope this helps a little...[/quote]

Yepp it helped. I could reproduce your problem and fix it. Can you try elog262-4.exe (Revision 1729)?
    icon2.gif   Re: Error Sending Email, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Oct 16 08:57:07 2006 
[quote="Ibrahim Genc"]There is a free e-mail service at mail.softhome.net. It provides smtp and pop3 services. You can use this for testing if you want.[/quote]

I tried but I was unable to obtain a free account. Furthermore, the problem is probably related to your SMTP server's authentication method. There are
    icon2.gif   Re: Problem with large entry size, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Oct 16 16:53:43 2006 
[quote="Dimitrios Tsirigkas"]I have posted an entry of approximately a thousand lines (ten thousand words). Posting it took some time, which is logical
to a certain degree. However, whenever a user asks for "Full" view of the logbook, the page takes around two minutes to load and the CPU usage on the elog
server goes to beyond 90% for all this time. Is this to be expected for an entry of that size or is there something going wrong here?[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Problem with large entry size, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Oct 16 17:18:58 2006 
I improved the performance by some factor in SVN revision 1733. Can you give it a try and report your speed improvement? Depending on the result, I can
probably do even a bit better with some more effort.
    icon2.gif   Re: Email format, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 17 09:14:41 2006 
[quote="Arckonit"]I know the use "use email heading" and other, but i would like to configure the body of the mail, where there is the link, the name of
the author, etc.[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Email format, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 17 09:32:21 2006 
[quote="Arckonit"]Thanx for the quick answer
Email format  = ?
Where can i find some help to use this feature ?[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Date format in Threaded display, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 17 13:12:52 2006 
That fix for Steve Jones was slightly different, it had to do with substitutions in threaded display. I fixed yours now in revision 1734, so give it a try.

Salut,
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886