Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 227 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67912   Tue May 19 12:26:39 2015 Question Jacky Lizli@hawaii.eduQuestionLinux2.9.2Entry size too large for email notification

Hi,

I am doing an inline image that is about 2.2 MB.  When I do a submit, I got the following message:

Error sending Email via <i>"<email server>"</i>: Entry size too large for email notification.

May I know what is the limit of the entry size and how do I change it?  Thank you.

Jacky

67911   Thu May 14 22:16:03 2015 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1Re: csv import timestamp
Hi Ferdinand,
"import" is meant to be used for files that have been exported with "find". Therefore it is not very flexible with the date format.
Todays date should look like that: "Thu  14 May 2015 22:12:00 +0200".
You have to convert your file that the date matches this format (BTW: I found this out by using the find - export feature; it may depend on a local configuration.)
Cheers
Andreas
Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

Thanks

what is the format of the Date field in the csv file ?

My Date is date and not datetime. 

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
Hi Ferdinand,
and that is exactly what happens when you import a csv file with a date field:
the creation date ($entry time) of the imported entries will be used from the "Date" column in the file.
I've just tried it and it works like a charm. Did you have any problems doing it?
Cheers
Andreas

I have to import a csv with a date field, which represents the creation date

this date should be used as "date" timestamp which is set automatically, otherwise all entries get the current datetime as timestamp

67910   Thu May 14 07:01:23 2015 Reply Ferdinand Gassauerf.gassauer@chricar.atQuestionLinux3.1Re: csv import timestamp

Thanks

what is the format of the Date field in the csv file ?

My Date is date and not datetime. 

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
Hi Ferdinand,
and that is exactly what happens when you import a csv file with a date field:
the creation date ($entry time) of the imported entries will be used from the "Date" column in the file.
I've just tried it and it works like a charm. Did you have any problems doing it?
Cheers
Andreas

I have to import a csv with a date field, which represents the creation date

this date should be used as "date" timestamp which is set automatically, otherwise all entries get the current datetime as timestamp

67909   Thu May 14 05:13:34 2015 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindows3.1.0Re: Elogd synchronisation with remote server
> I came accross the admin guide and I was reading / searching for a way to sync logbooks across sites...
> elogd mention "-m" and "-M" ... not elog but elogd... with that description :
> synchronize logbook(s) with remote server

If you would have followed the shown link to the "elogd.cfg syntax page", you would have found the chapter Mirroring:
https://midas.psi.ch/elog/config.html#mirroring

> Does it sync all logbooks ? 

Not necessarily, but that is the default.

> is there any examples somewhere or advice ?

See above: you'll find examples under #mirroring

> Thanks :)

You're welcome.
  67908   Thu May 14 05:08:06 2015 Reply Francois CloutierFrancois@fcmail.caBug reportWindows3.1.0-3Re: Attribute not updated
>  
> > Seriously, I really hope It could make it... Could you try it on your side ?
> 
> My personal opinion here is, that if you want others to investigate your problems, then the best way to do it is like that:
> - attach a minimal configuration that reproduces your problem (never attach a 100 line configuration, unless you've tested that the problem disappears
> regardless of which line you remove!);
> - attach the entry data, if the behaviour depends on the data;
> - use a specific, to the point subject line;
> - explain what you did, what happened and what you would have expected to happen;
> - ask kindly; and then
> - wait and hope for the best ;-)
> 
> (This is actually a very general procedure; I think it is applicable to all newsgroups, forums, etc.)
> 
> BTW: This tip was absolutely free of charge ;-)

Andreas,
Thanks for your comments. Thats why I posted in the first msg my configuration details... I just hope there can be a solution :)
I saw in the doc that an attribute cant be bigger than 100 char. but I couldn't figure the maximum size for options...  I'm wondering if the issue comes from the browser not refreshing correctly or if its elog..
Again, I tought that if that was from elog limitations, the attributes wouldn't load the options presets at all... but they do, (attribute volume) ... just not all the time :)

I understand that you are proactive on this forum and eventually I was thinking of contributing with detailed specific config examples but for now I just would like to get on track :) 
The last time I used Elog was 10 years ago :) it changed alot since :)
  67907   Thu May 14 04:59:03 2015 Cool Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportWindows3.1.0-3Re: Attribute not updated

> Seriously, I really hope It could make it... Could you try it on your side ?

My personal opinion here is, that if you want others to investigate your problems, then the best way to do it is like that:
- attach a minimal configuration that reproduces your problem (never attach a 100 line configuration, unless you've tested that the problem disappears
regardless of which line you remove!);
- attach the entry data, if the behaviour depends on the data;
- use a specific, to the point subject line;
- explain what you did, what happened and what you would have expected to happen;
- ask kindly; and then
- wait and hope for the best ;-)

(This is actually a very general procedure; I think it is applicable to all newsgroups, forums, etc.)

BTW: This tip was absolutely free of charge ;-)
  67906   Thu May 14 02:35:15 2015 Question Francois CloutierFrancois@fcmail.caQuestionWindows3.1.0Elogd synchronisation with remote server
I came accross the admin guide and I was reading / searching for a way to sync logbooks across sites...
elogd mention "-m" and "-M" ... not elog but elogd... with that description :
synchronize logbook(s) with remote server

Does it sync all logbooks ? is there any examples somewhere or advice ?

67905   Thu May 14 02:27:58 2015 Reply Francois CloutierFrancois@fcmail.caBug reportWindows3.1.0-3Re: Attribute not updated
> Hi Francois,
> as far as I know there is a limit on the number of conditions you can use (See elog:67303).
> I guess you did hit that limit.
> 
> I think I've mentioned recently that ELOG is not a relational database, didn't I?
> It is of course possible to drive screws with a hammer, but there do exist more suitable tools for that ;-)
> 
> Kind regards
> Andreas

Got it...
But again, I found it strange that it works from time to time.... is it an elog limit or a javascript issue....

the guide mentions :
Options <attribute> = <list>
Usually, an text field is used for an attribute, where the user can fill in text of up to 100 characters.
but no words on options size...

I would say if it was a size issue it would not work at all no ?... but now it works from time to time....
But you are right, maybe I should get a bigger hammer :)

Seriously, I really hope It could make it... Could you try it on your side ? could I enable some sort of debug mode other than running elogd from a shell ?
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf