Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 228 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  2004   Tue Oct 17 14:42:58 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: Problem with large entry size

Dimitrios Tsirigkas wrote:
I was wondering what is the cleanest way of changing old entries already submitted in ELCode into plain text. If I do not include ELCode in the allowed encodings does this apply to already submitted entries as well or will they still be treated as ELCode?

The encoding is stored as an "invisible" attribute in each entry. You can change it in two ways:

1) Select each entry, click "edit", change the encoding with the radio buttons at the bottom and submit it again

2) Go and edit directly the xxxxxxa.log files in your logbook directory. You will see in those files something like
Encoding: ELCode

and you can change it with an editor to
Encoding: plain

Afterwards you have to restart the elogd daemon.

Did you try the new version, would be interesting to see if it's any better...
  2009   Thu Oct 19 12:32:11 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | Windows2.6.2-1723Re: Date format in Threaded display

deletoille wrote:
I’ve tried on the last available release (revision 1732) and I have the same problem.
You said in you previous message that: “I fixed yours now in revision 1734, so give it a try.”
Could you tell me when this one will be available?

Since you checked "Linux" in the "OS" of this entry, I was under the assumption that you were able to compile elog from the Subversion repository (http://savannah.psi.ch/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=elog&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Felogd.c).

If you need the Windows executable, I made http://midas/elog/download/windows/elog262-6.exe for you.
  2011   Thu Oct 19 19:45:35 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699Re: How to pass attachment names to an Execute line?

Alexandre Lindote wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to pass the name of an attachment in a "Execute new " line, but I can't seem to get the correct syntax...
I've tried:
Execute new = echo "New document with reference $Internal Ref with the name $attachements " >> /home/zeplin3/lixo.log
Execute new = echo "New document with reference $Internal Ref with the name $attachements1 " >> /home/zeplin3/lixo.log
Execute new = echo "New document with reference $Internal Ref with the name $1 " >> /home/zeplin3/lixo.log

but nothing seem to work. If I remove the $attachments bit the output is correct...
Any suggestions?

Sorry there was a type in the documentation. You should write

$attachments

and not

$attachements

then it will work.
  2013   Fri Oct 20 13:28:38 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.2-1699Re: Text column in the main list

Alexandre Lindote wrote:
Is there a way of removing the "Text" column from the main listing of a logbook?
I have a logbook that works as a document database, and I don't even allow the entering of text... But the column insists on appearing! Smile

Summary lines = 0
  2016   Tue Oct 24 21:58:54 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: Problem with large entry size

Dimitrios Tsirigkas wrote:
Hi Stefan,

A lot of performance-related trouble for us comes from the ability of users to click on "All" and display thousands of entries on the same page. Is there a way to disable that? Even if the ELCode parsing performance of Elog increases greatly, the combination of "Full" mode and "All" will still cause trouble, will it not?

Thanks,
Dimitris

What about a threshold for the "All" display? If a logbook contains less than, let's say, 500 entries, the "All" link is displayed, and above 500 entries it's hidden. Would that make sense?
  2019   Wed Oct 25 19:44:11 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux Re: ELCode

Alexandre Lindote wrote:
can you think of any obvious reason why the ELCode would not work in the logbooks I set up?

There is a good reason why this forum contains a ELOG Version tag which you are supposed to fill out for new entries. Without knowing which version you are using I cannot help you. Probably you have an old version which does not support the Allowed encoding.
  2042   Mon Nov 6 17:18:04 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: Spell check

David Egolf wrote:
Is there a spell check that can be implemented in Elog or any recommended add on spell check?

I personally use Mozilla Firefox 2.0 which has already a built in spell checker. For MS IE, you can use IESpell (http://www.iespell.com).
  2046   Tue Nov 7 08:17:40 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows2.6.2Re: XML, CSV and Raw export produces 'last' page only

Brian Marshall wrote:
The Find command page provides an option, 'Display n entries per page' which is useful when the result of the search is to be viewed on-screen.

However this value is also applied to CSV, XML and Raw export and only the 'last' page of data is exported.
For example, if there are 17 matching entries and n is set to 8, only one entry will appear in the exported file.

In my opinion, this option should be ignored for XML, CSV and Raw export and all matching entries should be exported.

This is indeed right. I fixed it in the current SVN revision #1741.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886