Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 229 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Dateup Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1896   Tue Aug 15 12:19:55 2006 Question Ben Shepherdbjs54@dl.ac.ukQuestionLinux2.6.2Substitutions in "Email all" do not work
Hi,

I've got a logbook set up to report faults in an accelerator. It's set up so that when a fault is reported, there are options to specify which technical groups should be notified, and an email will be sent to all those people. That works fine. However, I also have a field "Cc", which should send an email to an additional list of email addresses. So my config file (in part) looks like this:

Email "Technical Groups" Magnets = xxx@dl.ac.uk,yyy@dl.ac.uk,zzz@dl.ac.uk
Email All = $Cc

However, ELOG does not send anything to addresses specified on the Cc line. When I remove the addresses from the first line and submit an entry, ELOG reports an error sending mail, something like "RCPT (recipient) must be specified". So it's obviously not making the substitution in the "Email All" line. Is this a bug?

cheers

ben
  1897   Tue Aug 15 13:04:21 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.2Re: Substitutions in "Email all" do not work

Ben Shepherd wrote:
Email All = $Cc

Substitution was not enabled for email addresses, but I added this for you. It's in SVN revision 1712 if you build elog yourself from the SVN, otherwise it will be contained in the next release.
  1898   Tue Aug 15 13:07:52 2006 Reply Ben Shepherdbjs54@dl.ac.ukQuestionLinux2.6.2Re: Substitutions in "Email all" do not work

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Ben Shepherd wrote:
Email All = $Cc

Substitution was not enabled for email addresses, but I added this for you. It's in SVN revision 1712 if you build elog yourself from the SVN, otherwise it will be contained in the next release.

Great! Thanks very much. And quick too! Any idea when the next release will be available? Is there a mailing list I can sign up to to get notifications?
  1899   Tue Aug 15 13:09:18 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.2Re: Substitutions in "Email all" do not work

Ben Shepherd wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Ben Shepherd wrote:
Email All = $Cc

Great! Thanks very much. And quick too! Any idea when the next release will be available? Is there a mailing list I can sign up to to get notifications?

You are on the mailing list Wink, there is only this list. But you can check out the SVN version as described in the documentation.
  1900   Tue Aug 15 13:10:30 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: Author in duplicate message

Silvia Borghi wrote:
Preset on Duplicate Author = $long_name

This was not implemented so far, but is a good idea. So I put it into SVN revision 1713. You either get the SVN update or wait for the next release of ELOG.
  1901   Tue Aug 15 13:25:00 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.6.2Re: Cannot get email to work at all, configuation problem?

Checker Anderson wrote:
Okay, I got it working but I had to change the authentication method of my mail server to Pop before SMTP. I do not know why the username/password doesn't work - it does work with Outlook Express. I would rather use the username/password method, but atleast things are working now.

That's really strange, since elog does not do any pop at all. So "pop before SMTP" won't help. The elogd message log in the previous message seems truncated to me, you should get something like
Email from stefan.ritt@psi.ch to stefan.ritt@psi.ch, SMTP host mail.psi.ch:
220 MAILSEND02.psi.ch mailsend02vs01 Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:22:24 +0200
HELO pc4534.psi.ch
250 MAILSEND02.psi.ch Hello [129.129.228.115]
MAIL FROM: stefan.ritt@psi.ch
250 2.1.0 stefan.ritt@psi.ch....Sender OK
RCPT TO: <stefan.ritt@psi.ch>
250 2.1.5 stefan.ritt@psi.ch
DATA
354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:22:23 +0200
To: stefan.ritt@psi.ch,
User-Agent: Elog Version 2.6.2
Subject: Updated ELOG entry
X-Elog-URL: http://localhost:8080/demo/7
X-Elog-submit-type: web|elog
Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

In your case there should even be more than that due to the authentication (our sever does not use username authentification). Maybe you have an error there in the authentication.
  1902   Tue Aug 15 13:44:45 2006 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows Re: Conditional E-Mail Attributes
Conditional attributes have been made working in email notifications sometime in version 2.6.0. You might have to upgrade to the recent version, but then it should work.
  1903   Fri Aug 18 14:22:07 2006 Reply Grant Jeffcotegrant@jeffcote.orgQuestionWindows Re: Conditional E-Mail Attributes

Stefan Ritt wrote:
Conditional attributes have been made working in email notifications sometime in version 2.6.0. You might have to upgrade to the recent version, but then it should work.

I'm using your latest binary release but still can't seem to get the 'Email Encoding' function to be decided under a conditional entry? There are no other references to email encoding in the logbook but it defaults to type 2 on all emails regardless of what the conditional attribute is set to.

Example below:

{1}Email attributes = Event Date, Event Start, Event End,
{1}Email Encoding = 2

{2}Email attributes = Service Affected, Ticker Text,
{2}Email All = seg@sdf.com
{2}Preset text = Ticker Text Entry
{2}Email Encoding = 1

{3}Email attributes = SMS,
{3}Email Encoding = 1
{3}Email All = sdb@sdf.com

Thx

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886