Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 230 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: French Language, posted by Yanick Vachon on Wed Dec 5 14:38:51 2018 
I've deleted the cookies and it works.

Thanks!

Stefan
icon4.gif   xmalloc error when filling entries and chaning page, posted by Antonio Iuliano on Wed Dec 12 10:44:57 2018 elogd.cfg
Dear ELOG experts,

the ELOG server on our lab crashes  continuosly, when we add a new entry or even if we click the arrows to navigate between entries. Following
the FAQ on the website, I have used gdb and found the following error:
icon5.gif   Logbook architecture and availability, posted by Frank Baptista on Fri Dec 14 15:46:14 2018 
I have a setting which makes ELOG a perfect solution, but there's a situation that
I'm struggling to get my head around. We have 3 separate laboratories, each one containing a number of temperature chambers, which run almost constantly
over a number of shifts. Each temperature chamber has it's own logbook (laptop). So far, pretty simple.
    icon2.gif   Re: Logbook architecture and availability, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Dec 14 16:00:45 2018 
Sure that's easy. Install elog on each laptop separately, so they run without network. Then, set up a central elog server, and use "mirroring"
as explained in the documentation at https://elog.psi.ch/elog/config.html#mirroring

So when ever the entwork comes back, you execute a manual mirror operation, and your new entries will be pushed to the central elog server.
    icon2.gif   Re: Logbook architecture and availability, posted by Frank Baptista on Fri Dec 14 17:22:31 2018 
Thanks Stephan! I guess I was making it harder than it is.  I'm still a little fuzzy -- in this instance, am I correct in saying that each
laptop would be considered a "master", and the remote (network) server considered the "slave"?  Also, I'm not sure quite sure
-- which server should be assigned responsibility for performing periodic synchronization between the laptop and the central elog server?
    icon2.gif   Re: Logbook architecture and availability, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Dec 14 20:05:08 2018 
I would call the laptops the "master" being responsible for pushing data to the central server which you can call "slave"

Stefan
    icon2.gif   Re: Logbook architecture and availability, posted by Frank Baptista on Fri Dec 14 20:52:46 2018 
Thank you again -- very much appreciated! 

icon2.gif   Re: xmalloc error when filling entries and chaning page, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Dec 21 13:00:50 2018 
I tried to reproduce the problem but could not. The config file uses "emtpy.html", "filtermenutext.html" and so on which I don't
have. Same with eventlocation.

Rather than sending me all the files, can you strip down your elogd.cfg to a minimal version where you still see the problem. Then give me all
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886