Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 230 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Categoryup OS ELOG Version Subject
  66946   Wed Nov 24 11:55:57 2010 Angy Christoph Kukulieskukulies@physik.rwth-aachen.deCommentLinux2.8.0Forum quirks

I just got a Proxy error from your site: When I clicked on the change password link that was sent to my email, I entered my new password (which was the same that I believed to have used before) and after submitting this form, I got the Proxy error. Also I find that I can never login with my once set password. Is it the Email or username on gives in the login field? Other quirk: I never can preview my post. When I click preview, nothing happens. Submitting worked today but yesterday I was unable to submit a post. I clicked several times on the submit button and nothing happened. -- Christoph

66951   Wed Nov 24 16:30:31 2010 Reply Christoph Kukulieskukulies@physik.rwth-aachen.deCommentLinux2.8.0Re: Forum quirks

Christoph Kukulies wrote:

I just got a Proxy error from your site: When I clicked on the change password link that was sent to my email, I entered my new password (which was the same that I believed to have used before) and after submitting this form, I got the Proxy error. Also I find that I can never login with my once set password. Is it the Email or username on gives in the login field? Other quirk: I never can preview my post. When I click preview, nothing happens. Submitting worked today but yesterday I was unable to submit a post. I clicked several times on the submit button and nothing happened. -- Christoph

It seems that the submit/preview problem is solved. Submit/Preview buttons at the bottom of the page seem to work on the attachments only.

Sorry for the oversight on my side.

--

Christoph

66953   Wed Nov 24 16:38:12 2010 Reply Christoph Kukulieskukulies@physik.rwth-aachen.deCommentLinux2.8.0Re: Forum quirks

It seems that the submit/preview problem is solved. Submit/Preview buttons at the bottom of the page seem to work on the attachments only.

Sorry for the oversight on my side.

--

Christoph

Let me add one observation though: I always have to put the Submit or Preview button twice in this forum. The first time no reaction happens. The secend click dows the action.

--

Christoph

66954   Thu Nov 25 12:13:51 2010 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chCommentLinux2.8.0Re: Forum quirks

Let me add one observation though: I always have to put the Submit or Preview button twice in this forum. The first time no reaction happens. The secend click dows the action.

Yes this observation is right. It's related to a new "fix" I was asked for: People do not want an entry to be submitted if they fill in an attribute and hit <ENTER>. So I added some javascript to prevent this, but the bad side effect right now is that you have to click Preview or Submit twice. I'm working on it. 

66963   Wed Dec 1 17:03:01 2010 Smile Mariusz StakowskiMariusz.Stakowski@asseco.plCommentLinux2.8.0Re: New password file problem

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Mariusz Stakowski wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to elog. I've installed it under Slackware 11. Everything worked smoothly until I wanted to establish access control. I followed the steps described under Access control heading in Syntax of elog.cfg chapter. I specified a new password file name and the following steps with no problem. After having created a new user I stopped elogd  and added  Admin user to config file. And here is my problem - each time I want to login to elog, I get "Invalid user name or password!" message. The meaning of it is obvious. So I have repeated all the steps several times. Of course I paid attention to enter user name and password correctly but I can't get rid of this message. For sure I making something wrong, but what it is ? 

Can you try the current SVN version?

http://savannah.psi.ch/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=elog&path=/trunk/src/elogd.c&rev=0&sc=0

There has been some issues with the password encoding, maybe this is fixed now. 

Thank you Stefan, it works now

Best regards

Mariusz Stakowski

67026   Tue Mar 15 17:37:19 2011 Blink soren poulsensoren.poulsen@cern.chCommentLinux2.9.0-2402Authentication error message

It is very good to have Kerberos authentication available. It is just the error message which is a bit cryptic.

If you enter your Kerberos password once, and later fail to authenticate with a wrong password, you get:

Kerberos error:
Decrypt integrity check failed.
Please check your Kerberos configuration

That is not really urgent!

Soren

67041   Fri Apr 1 16:13:44 2011 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chCommentLinux2.9.0-2402Re: Authentication error message

soren poulsen wrote:

It is very good to have Kerberos authentication available. It is just the error message which is a bit cryptic.

If you enter your Kerberos password once, and later fail to authenticate with a wrong password, you get:

Kerberos error:

Soren

Can you tell me how to reproduce this? If I do it here, I just get back to the login page:

Capture019.png

Maybe it has to do with your specific Kerberos implementation? What server are you using?

67046   Mon Apr 11 19:31:23 2011 Reply soren poulsensoren.poulsen@cern.chCommentLinux2.9.0-2402Re: Authentication error message

Stefan Ritt wrote:

soren poulsen wrote:

Kerberos error:

Soren

Can you tell me how to reproduce this? If I do it here, I just get back to the login page:

Capture019.png

Maybe it has to do with your specific Kerberos implementation? What server are you using?

I am sorry but I cannot reproduce this any more. It happened several times when I was testing different kinds of wrong user input to the authentication dialog but now there is no issue any longer. However, there has been other issues lately in this domain and it may be that the Kerberos installation has been patched by our automatic update installation.

Case closed! Thanks anyway for responding.

Soren

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886