Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 232 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   Hiding Logbook tabs, posted by Alan Grant on Thu Mar 28 21:55:14 2019 
I know you can restrict access to logbooks on per user basis but can anyone tell me if it is possible to HIDE certain logbook tabs/groups on per
user basis (ie, so they would just see logbooks they are authorized to see)?
icon5.gif   Last default = <n>, posted by Alan Grant on Mon Apr 29 02:41:15 2019 
According to the doc on the setting "Last default = <n>" it is intended to restrict Quick Filter searches to the last (n) days of entries,
however when I add "Last default = 28" to config it still returns entries far older then 28 days when using the filter search. Am I misunderstanding,
or implementing it wrong? We must restrict searches through QF to reduce load.
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Apr 29 13:12:56 2019 
Indeed the description of the "Last default = <n>" option is not clear. I just updated that. If you have a quick filter "Date",
then you have different options there like "Last day", "Last 3 days", "Last week", "Last month", "Last 3 months",
"Last 6 months", "Last year". Each of these options has an underlying number of days, which are 1, 3, 7, 31, 92, 182, 364. In the "Last
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Alan Grant on Mon Apr 29 17:48:13 2019 
I just changed to Last default = 31 and even restarted elogd.exe but it still finds a given string older than 31 days. Also the default Select Period
box value next to the QF's remains at All Entries. My understanding is it shoud behave like Find, where Show Last Default = 31 should default
the display to Month, and also only search within the last month of entries.
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed May 1 11:06:04 2019 
It works for me. Have you tried other values (1, 3, 7, ..)? The key is that the quick filter changes to "Last month". If it does not, there
must be some trivial error, like type in elogd.cfg, you modify the wrong logbook, have a very old version of elog etc.

Stefan
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed May 1 11:08:10 2019 
You say "Show Last Default = 31". This options applies only to the "Find" page, the option "Last Default = 31" works for
the quick filter. Probably you have to change "Show Last Default" to "Last Default".

Stefan
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Alan Grant on Wed May 1 15:28:41 2019 elogd.cfg
I was just referring to "Show last default" (under Find) as a parallel example of how I assume "Last default" should
function on the List page.

I also tried values 3 and 7 but "All entries" still displays in the "List period" box. A restart of elogd makes no difference.
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri May 3 15:50:39 2019 Screenshot_2019-05-03_at_9.48.16_.png
I just tried your elogd.cfg, and it works fine for me. So no idea what is wrong in your case.

Stefan
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886