Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 721 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  654   Tue Aug 3 20:14:55 2004 Smile Alexandre Camsonnecamsonne@jlab.orgBug reportLinux2.5.2 - 2.Re: User/Admin privlege question
Thank you, I misunderstood how the "Guest menu commands" worked I thought I had to specify
a limited set of commands to actually limit guest users.

Thanks again for your wonderful work on this program too.

Regards,

Alexandre

> Ok, now I see your problem. You defined a "Guest menu commands" which explicitly allows
> not-authorized access (that's what it's for). If you only want to allow authorized
> access, remove the "guest menu commands" from the logbook sections and also from the
> [global] section.
> 
> Please note that if an option is not preent in a logbook section, it is looked for in
> the [global] section. I see that most of your logbooks have similar settings. Just put
> them into the [global] section, and override it in the logbook section if they are
> different.
  653   Tue Aug 3 16:59:36 2004 Angy Drewdrew.card@gmail.comBug fixLinux | Windows2.5.3Re: speeding up elog : gcc compile optimizations
> > Is there something else  which is making this difficult to do?
> 
> Not really, but hsearch() & Co. are not available under Windows, so I have to extract the
> source code from the GNU C libarary or so. Since the last discussion I had lots of other
> topics on my to-do list, such as mirroring and cloning, but the speed issue is getting more
> and more up on the priority list.

Speaking of windows I'd like to note that when I moved my call tracking config from a slow BSD
system (PPro 200Mhz) to a faster windows system (P3 733M) I noted a huge slow down in the
interface.  Talking about perhaps 1-2 seconds before to 10-15 seconds after.  Using
sysinternals file monitor I see that elogd is hammering each log file in the directory.  Not
sure what else is going on.  309 log files - only 1.25Meg.  

Anything I can do short of pruning down the files?

[Edit:  In both cases above my default view is filtered and sorted - so that I only see things
with a specific status.  Taking away the filtering resolves this hit - but does not explain the
speed difference between platforms.]

-D
  652   Tue Aug 3 16:34:23 2004 Idea Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.5.2 - 2.Re: User/Admin privlege question
Ok, now I see your problem. You defined a "Guest menu commands" which explicitly allows
not-authorized access (that's what it's for). If you only want to allow authorized
access, remove the "guest menu commands" from the logbook sections and also from the
[global] section.

Please note that if an option is not preent in a logbook section, it is looked for in
the [global] section. I see that most of your logbooks have similar settings. Just put
them into the [global] section, and override it in the logbook section if they are
different.
  651   Tue Aug 3 16:18:45 2004 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.5.4Re: curly parenthesis problem {smiley}
> Everything after curly parenthesis is ignored in attribute entry boxes 
> like 'Subject' above
> 
> What I typed in the subject line was exatcly this:
> 
>   'curly parenthesis problem {abc}'

Just don't use curly brackets (;-)

Nevertheless I fixed it in the current version (see subject)
  650   Tue Aug 3 15:44:07 2004 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.deBug reportLinux2.5.4curly parenthesis problem
Everything after curly parenthesis is ignored in attribute entry boxes 
like 'Subject' above

What I typed in the subject line was exatcly this:

'curly parenthesis problem {abc}'
  649   Tue Aug 3 14:51:34 2004 Reply Alexandre Camsonnecamsonne@jlab.orgBug reportLinux2.5.2 - 2.Re: User/Admin privlege question
The elogd.cfg is attached in the previous message as attachement 3. Sorry it is a
little bit buried between pictures.
The reason I put the picture of the global elogd.cfg is to show that the not logged
user has access to elogd.cfg which is some kind of trouble...

> I just see your [global] part of elogd.cfg, could you send me the complete file?
> 

Hi I tried to remove the cookies and it still did not ask for password under 2.5.4.
Has the password file format changed between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3 ?

> What you also could try is to delete all cookies stored in your browser. The way
> cookies are formed changed between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3, so the system could be
> confused by old cookies.
> 
> - Stefan
  648   Tue Aug 3 13:31:08 2004 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.5.4Re: too many <table> tags
> Couldn't one include the extra <table> tag only when there is really more than
> one attribute per line.  All other lines could then be aligned properly.

Sure one can do a lot of things if one has enough time and not tens of other
requests on the wishlist which really concern some functionality and not just
cosmetics.
  647   Tue Aug 3 13:06:54 2004 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.deBug reportLinux2.5.4Re: too many <table> tags
> > There are too many <table> tags when displaying a singel entry.  E.g.
> > in http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Config+Examples/1 the row 'Configuration Name'
> > is not aligned with the others (see attachment).
> 
> The <table> tags are there on purpose. As you can combine several attributes
> into one line (see this forum for example), it's necessary to make an
> independent <table> for each line. 

Couldn't one include the extra <table> tag only when there is really more than
one attribute per line.  All other lines could then be aligned properly.

To increase the width is not really a solution, since this depends on the
text size used.  See attachment with really big text.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886