Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 722 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Emaildown Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67127   Mon Sep 26 08:13:10 2011 Entry Olivier CallotOlivier.Callot@cern.chBug reportLinux2418Spurious characters in the searched string

Hi,

We have a problem with the search command: Since our last upgrade to v2.9.0-2418 the searched string is pre- and postfixed with ASCII character expressed in % format, see the attached image. The searched string is prefied with %255E and postfxed by %2524 in the URL. And teh search fails. This affects searches from drop-down menus.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 1: Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
  67129   Mon Sep 26 11:16:19 2011 Reply Olivier CallotOlivier.Callot@cern.chBug reportLinux2418Re: Spurious characters in the searched string

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Olivier Callot wrote:

Hi,

We have a problem with the search command: Since our last upgrade to v2.9.0-2418 the searched string is pre- and postfixed with ASCII character expressed in % format, see the attached image. The searched string is prefied with %255E and postfxed by %2524 in the URL. And teh search fails. This affects searches from drop-down menus.

Thanks in advance.

Strange. In this forum it works without extra characters. Just try it yourself. Do you have any strange configuration? Can you send me a minimal elogd.cfg which produces that error, maybe derived from the example elogd.cfg from the distribution.

- Stefan 

Well, It may be our implementation of re-routing web requests: The requested string in elog  is prefixed by %5E (^) and postfixed by %24 ($). But in my case, the '%' is again escaped as %25 so the prefix becomes %255E that is not understood by elog as being '^' ...

I will see with my experts in routing if this is something that can be fixed in our configuration. But when elog processes the input string, it should un-escape these characters and find back the '^', no?

67131   Mon Sep 26 14:49:48 2011 Reply Olivier CallotOlivier.Callot@cern.chBug reportLinux2418Re: Spurious characters in the searched string

Olivier Callot wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Olivier Callot wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Strange. In this forum it works without extra characters. Just try it yourself. Do you have any strange configuration? Can you send me a minimal elogd.cfg which produces that error, maybe derived from the example elogd.cfg from the distribution.

- Stefan 

Well, It may be our implementation of re-routing web requests: The requested string in elog  is prefixed by %5E (^) and postfixed by %24 ($). But in my case, the '%' is again escaped as %25 so the prefix becomes %255E that is not understood by elog as being '^' ...

I will see with my experts in routing if this is something that can be fixed in our configuration. But when elog processes the input string, it should un-escape these characters and find back the '^', no?

It turned out to be a setting of our re-routing of requests that re-escaped the '%'. Sorry for the noise. Cheers

1397   Wed Aug 10 18:32:14 2005 Warning Oleg SolovyanovOleg.Solovyanov@ihep.ruBug reportLinux2.6.0-b4Comment tooltip shows comment from other logbook
I have several logbooks with Comment lines,
but the tooltip shows sometimes the correct comment,
sometimes the comment from other logbook...

I see the same behaviour also on this very page...

I use Mozilla 1.7.10.
Tried with Konqueror -> same problem.
  1506   Tue Nov 15 08:35:33 2005 Warning Oleg SolovyanovOleg.Solovyanov@ihep.ruBug reportLinux2.6.0-4page2?cmd=List does not show next page
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the following does not work on a Elog with multiple pages:

1. View message
2. Click List
3. Click Next or page number
4. Only the last page is shown

It looks like the URL pageN?cmd=List does not work, while pageN works.

Any hints?

Same behaviour can be seen also with Discussion forum on Elog site.
  1510   Wed Nov 16 15:24:53 2005 Reply Oleg SolovyanovOleg.Solovyanov@ihep.ruBug reportLinux2.6.0-4Re: page2?cmd=List does not show next page

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Oleg Solovyanov wrote:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the following does not work on a Elog with multiple pages:

1. View message
2. Click List
3. Click Next or page number
4. Only the last page is shown

It looks like the URL pageN?cmd=List does not work, while pageN works.

Any hints?

Same behaviour can be seen also with Discussion forum on Elog site.

I don't understand. I tried on the Discussion forum:

1. View message, for example http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/1506

2. Click List, which takes me to http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/

3. Click Next, which takes me to http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/page2

Then I really see page2, not the last page. So what do you do differently?

Somehow in my logbooks List command would add cmd=List to the URL
And this does not work...
  1513   Thu Nov 17 23:40:10 2005 Reply Oleg SolovyanovOleg.Solovyanov@ihep.ruBug reportLinux2.6.0-4Re: page2?cmd=List does not show next page

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Oleg Solovyanov wrote:
Somehow in my logbooks List command would add cmd=List to the URL
And this does not work...

You use an old version of elog. Please upgrade to the 2.6.0-beta5 which you can obtain from

http://savannah.psi.ch/viewcvs/trunk/src/elogd.c?root=elog&rev=1541

Yes, new version seems to fix this bug, but...

Now there's a new feature: sometimes it breaks the text message line into 2 when
displaying the summary page.
Maybe it happens only with Russian text Smile
  208   Fri Feb 7 22:26:13 2003 Reply NickNick@nick.comQuestion  Re: Lost features since upgrade to 2.3.0
> I revised the way links are placed into the summary table, so I could have 
> lost some functionality (I did not try all config combinations since there 
> are too many now). So I can fix your problem in two ways now: Either always 
> have the first item in a list be a link, or have each item be the (same) 
> link. What do you think is a better solution?

I think the first option is the better one, having the first columns data in 
the list be linkable for example i am using this to store customer 
configuration and the list needs to be in alphabetical order so it has to be 
the first column but needs to be linkable :)

Would be nice if you can specify which columns data has links as a flag or 
setting of some sorts, as opposed to either the first or all, but given a 
choice I would want the first column to be the linkable one 

My config looks like this

Display search = Customer Name, Account ID, Author, Date, #

I think the better option is first item (being the first column entries) all 
have links to the logbook entries (which is how it was in the previous 
version) 

> 
> > Problem 2 - no matter what i try in the config file i cannot get elogd to 
> > use stylesheets ive tried specifying and even editing and removing the 
> > default.css style sheet i downloaded but it just seems to ignore its