Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 769 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versionup Subject
  69116   Thu Feb 20 16:54:32 2020 Question VUIIS SysAdminvuiis-sysadmin@vumc.orgQuestionLinuxelog.x86_64 ELOG reverts to demo configuration

I have been using elog for over 10 years. Suddenly my elog installation has changed (probably from a recent update. My /etc/elogd.cfg has changed to the original demo configuration. Even after changing it to my configuration from backup none of the entries for the logbooks apper even though the tabs for the logboos are ther all logbooks are empty. I have looced at the logbook files and the entries seem to be there but are not showing on the web interface. Has something changed? Is there a new location for the logbooks and other files? Is there a change from the 32-bit to the 64-bit version that will cause this. I am running CentOS 7 fully patched and updated. Will there be a CentOS 8 compatible version?

69118   Fri Feb 21 19:11:12 2020 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionLinuxelog.x86_64 Re: ELOG reverts to demo configuration

If you've upgraded from an elog 2.x version to an 3.x version, then all entries of a logbook will be moved into subfolder, one for each year.

If you then switch back to the 2.x version of elog, it'll not find any entries.

You can move them back to the folder for the logbook (one directory up) and they'll be found again after the next restart of elog.

Cheers, Andreas

VUIIS SysAdmin wrote:

I have been using elog for over 10 years. Suddenly my elog installation has changed (probably from a recent update. My /etc/elogd.cfg has changed to the original demo configuration. Even after changing it to my configuration from backup none of the entries for the logbooks apper even though the tabs for the logboos are ther all logbooks are empty. I have looced at the logbook files and the entries seem to be there but are not showing on the web interface. Has something changed? Is there a new location for the logbooks and other files? Is there a change from the 32-bit to the 64-bit version that will cause this. I am running CentOS 7 fully patched and updated. Will there be a CentOS 8 compatible version?

433   Sun Sep 21 09:33:46 2003 Question Jasonjason@jasonmorgan.com Otherelog2.3.9FreeBSD Install
I am getting the following errors when trying to install elog-2.3.9 on
my FreeBSD box. I am running FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE.

Many thanks!

"Makefile", line 21: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 27: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 29: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 31: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

You4eea
  434   Sun Sep 21 09:53:56 2003 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.ch Otherelog2.3.9Re: FreeBSD Install
Unfortunately I don't have access to a FreeBSD box so I cannot try. But I 
thought the GNU make is the same on Linux and FreeBSD??? 

Has anybody successful compiled under FreeBSD?

- Stefan
  435   Tue Sep 23 01:10:17 2003 Reply Glevineg@med.govt.nzQuestionOtherelog2.3.9Re: FreeBSD Install
I got elog 2.3.9 running on FreeBSD 5.1 successfully,
I compiled elog on a redhat box and then just copied over all the files to 
the FreeBSD box and ELOG just ran with no issues.
It's been running under heavy use for at least a month now.

PS: you might need the linux compatibility package installed on BSD though...

> I am getting the following errors when trying to install elog-2.3.9 on
> my FreeBSD box. I am running FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE.
> 
> Many thanks!
> 
> "Makefile", line 21: Missing dependency operator
> "Makefile", line 27: Need an operator
> "Makefile", line 29: Missing dependency operator
> "Makefile", line 31: Need an operator
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> 
> 
> You4eea
  446   Sun Oct 26 18:32:17 2003 Reply Dave Truesdelldavet@ttfn.comCommentOtherelog2.3.9Re: FreeBSD Install
> I got elog 2.3.9 running on FreeBSD 5.1 successfully,
> I compiled elog on a redhat box and then just copied over all the files to 
> the FreeBSD box and ELOG just ran with no issues.
> It's been running under heavy use for at least a month now.

FYI- the default "make" on FreeBSD is BSD, not GNU.

The easiest way to build elog on FreeBSD is to install "gmake" (via the port or
package) and type "gmake".  That's all it took for me to build a freshly
downloaded copy on 5.1 not 5 minutes ago.
  447   Tue Oct 28 22:40:28 2003 Agree Glevineg@med.govt.nzCommentOtherelog2.3.9Re: FreeBSD Install
Thanks for that mate, compiled elog on FreeBSD 5.1 myself no problems just like 
you said, great!

> 
> FYI- the default "make" on FreeBSD is BSD, not GNU.
> 
> The easiest way to build elog on FreeBSD is to install "gmake" (via the port or
> package) and type "gmake".  That's all it took for me to build a freshly
> downloaded copy on 5.1 not 5 minutes ago.
  68909   Mon Mar 11 11:18:02 2019 Question Heinz Junkesjunkes@fhi-berlin.mpg.deBug reportAllelogd 3.1.4elog program does not respect "Allow edit" list

submissions via the elog - program can overwrite entries even if the user has no edit rights

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886