Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 770 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
IDup Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  69574   Thu Oct 20 10:04:51 2022 Entry Finn Junkerfj@tvis.netRequestWindows3-1-4Up to date windows version
Dear Developers

I know this topic i on and off in this forum but it seems the only updated versions of Elog are in the linux binaries. Have anybody been able to compile a windows versions since 2018?

Kind Regards Finn
  69575   Thu Oct 20 10:10:12 2022 Reply Antonio Bulgheroniantonio.bulgheroni@gmail.comRequestWindows3-1-4Re: Up to date windows version
I'm also supporting this request. 

> Dear Developers
> 
> I know this topic i on and off in this forum but it seems the only updated versions of Elog are in the linux binaries. Have anybody been able to compile a windows versions since 2018?
> 
> Kind Regards Finn
  69576   Thu Oct 20 13:13:16 2022 Reply Laurent Jean-Rigaudlollspam@free.frRequestWindows3-1-4Re: Up to date windows version
> Dear Developers

> 

> I know this topic i on and off in this forum but it seems the only updated versions of Elog are in the 
linux binaries. Have anybody been able to compile a windows versions since 2018?

> 

> Kind Regards Finn

Hi,

We discussed on windows build some weeks ago and i tried to make one to check if it’s possible.

The result is in https://elog.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/69491

This could help you up to official new build.

Laurent
  69578   Thu Oct 20 16:52:09 2022 Question Hayg Gulerhayg.guler@ijclab.in2p3.frQuestionLinux 3.1.4-395e101Post using html form

Dear All,

we are trying to post from an HTML form, as included in our config file :

[ShiftCheck]
Comment = Shift Check List (exemple a modifier)
Attributes = Author, D, M, Y, Shift, LasE, LasIris, Q, E, Li, TL, RI
Quick filter = Shift, Author
Options Shift = Morning, Evening, Night

Enable attachments = 0
Show text = 1
Custom new form = /www/Web/htdocs/elog/sites/THOMX/shiftcheck.html
Custom edit form =  /www/Web/htdocs/elog/sites/THOMX/shiftcheck.html
Custom display form =  /www/Web/htdocs/elog/sites/THOMX/shiftcheck.html

we are facing the following problem when trying to submit :

--> Error: Command "Submit" not allowed

is there something missing in our config file ?

Many thanks in advance

69579   Fri Oct 21 09:25:37 2022 Reply Finn Junkerfj@tvis.netRequestWindows3-1-4Re: Up to date windows version
> > Dear Developers
> 
> > 
> 
> > I know this topic i on and off in this forum but it seems the only updated versions of Elog are in the 
> linux binaries. Have anybody been able to compile a windows versions since 2018?
> 
> > 
> 
> > Kind Regards Finn
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> 
> 
> We discussed on windows build some weeks ago and i tried to make one to check if it’s possible.
> 
> The result is in https://elog.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/69491
> 
> This could help you up to official new build.
> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
> Laurent

Hi Laurent

I've found the attached zip files in post 69491. The one containing the ELOG probgram libary won't run on my test laptop - the service wont start
There is in the same thread a post from Just Keijser containing only the executables, and it won't start either. Starting the elog.exe though gives me that the exe is missing 2 dll files which can be downloaded seperately.
It is not easy cause there are several versions of the 2 dll files and only one working, but now my elog reports version ELOG V3.1.4-1ebfd06c

But this cant be the solution - if so the windows version is put to the grave

Kind Regards Finn
  69580   Fri Oct 21 17:09:37 2022 Reply Laurent Jean-Rigaudlollspam@free.frRequestWindows3-1-4Re: Up to date windows version
Hi Finn,

I've just tested the same archive on new laptop with Windows 11. 
I unzip it and double-click elogd.exe file, bypass defender warning and the server is running.
To test, i open localhost:8080 on web client and it displays the demo logbook.

Btw i didn't test it as a service. What are the 2 libs you said it misses ?

Laurent

> 
> Hi Laurent
> 
> I've found the attached zip files in post 69491. The one containing the ELOG probgram libary won't run on my test laptop - the service wont start
> There is in the same thread a post from Just Keijser containing only the executables, and it won't start either. Starting the elog.exe though gives me that the exe is missing 2 dll files which can be downloaded seperately.
> It is not easy cause there are several versions of the 2 dll files and only one working, but now my elog reports version ELOG V3.1.4-1ebfd06c
> 
> But this cant be the solution - if so the windows version is put to the grave
> 
> Kind Regards Finn
  69581   Mon Oct 24 14:55:44 2022 Reply Finn Junkerfj@tvis.netRequestWindows3-1-4Re: Up to date windows version
> Hi Finn,
> 
> I've just tested the same archive on new laptop with Windows 11. 
> I unzip it and double-click elogd.exe file, bypass defender warning and the server is running.
> To test, i open localhost:8080 on web client and it displays the demo logbook.
> 
> Btw i didn't test it as a service. What are the 2 libs you said it misses ?
> 
> .
> Laurent
> 
> > 
> > Hi Laurent
> > 
> > I've found the attached zip files in post 69491. The one containing the ELOG probgram libary won't run on my test laptop - the service wont start
> > There is in the same thread a post from Just Keijser containing only the executables, and it won't start either. Starting the elog.exe though gives me that the exe is missing 2 dll files which can be downloaded seperately.
> > It is not easy cause there are several versions of the 2 dll files and only one working, but now my elog reports version ELOG V3.1.4-1ebfd06c
> > 
> > But this cant be the solution - if so the windows version is put to the grave
> > 
> > Kind Regards Finn

Hi Laurent

OK, i can recreate the unzip to folder and run elogd.exe and it works :-). If i unzip to the folder of the version installed (with the windows installer) where it runs elogd.exe as a service, the service won't start.

The problem with the dll files only applies to the post from Just Keijser containing only the executables (3 files) and these executables repport missing: libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll and libssl-1_1-x64.dll

These versions are a black box for me, are the important?

The unzip version (your version) reports: ELOG V3.1.4-395e101 (I think this is the same number as for the 2018 installed version)
The version with the 3 exe files (my version) from Just Keijser reports: ELOG V3.1.4-1ebfd06c
This site reports: ELOG V3.1.4-bcd7b50

Kind Regards Finn
  69582   Tue Oct 25 09:45:41 2022 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux 3.1.4-395e101Re: Post using html form

Probably people have to log in to the logbook before opening the form. I guess the "submit not allowed" comes from the fact that they access the logbook as a guest.

Stefan

Hayg Guler wrote:

Dear All,

we are trying to post from an HTML form, as included in our config file :

[ShiftCheck]
Comment = Shift Check List (exemple a modifier)
Attributes = Author, D, M, Y, Shift, LasE, LasIris, Q, E, Li, TL, RI
Quick filter = Shift, Author
Options Shift = Morning, Evening, Night

Enable attachments = 0
Show text = 1
Custom new form = /www/Web/htdocs/elog/sites/THOMX/shiftcheck.html
Custom edit form =  /www/Web/htdocs/elog/sites/THOMX/shiftcheck.html
Custom display form =  /www/Web/htdocs/elog/sites/THOMX/shiftcheck.html

we are facing the following problem when trying to submit :

--> Error: Command "Submit" not allowed

is there something missing in our config file ?

Many thanks in advance

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886