Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 771 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  66114   Sun Dec 14 17:04:24 2008 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2140Grouping Logbooks

I really appreciate your help and I hope that my questions warrant your time.

What I am trying to accomplish is two totally separate groups of logbooks that share a common logbook.

Three logbooks

Logbook A

Logbook B

Logbook C (just informational, write protected)

Two Groups

Top Group 1 = Logbook A, Logbook C

Top Group 2 = Logbook B, Logbook C

What is happening is everything looks good until you try to enter Logbook C from Group 1. You end up in Logbook C (the right logbook) but you are now in Group 2.

Actual Code:

;Groupings
Top Group Central = Centaur, On-LineHelps
Top Group Good Sam = GSH, On-LineHelps

66201   Mon Feb 9 07:58:46 2009 Reply mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netCommentWindows2.7.5Re: Multi attribute email notification

John Rouillard wrote:

mike cianci wrote:

Your suggestion worked GREAT (like always)

Could you post an example of what you used?

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. I didn't notice your request.

Attributes = Instrument, Notify Lead Tech

Options Instrument = Olympus, Beckman

Options Notify Lead Tech = Yes{a}, No {b}

{a}Email Instrument Olympus = John@lab.net         (i.e. if it is "Yes" and  "Olympus" - John gets an email)

{a}Email Instrument Beckman = Mary@lab.net         (i.e. if it is "Yes" and  "Beckman" - Mary gets an email)

66202   Mon Feb 9 07:58:58 2009 Reply mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netCommentWindows2.7.5Re: Multi attribute email notification

John Rouillard wrote:

mike cianci wrote:

Your suggestion worked GREAT (like always)

Could you post an example of what you used?

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. I didn't notice your request.

Attributes = Instrument, Notify Lead Tech

Options Instrument = Olympus, Beckman

Options Notify Lead Tech = Yes{a}, No {b}

{a}Email Instrument Olympus = John@lab.net         (i.e. if it is "Yes" and  "Olympus" - John gets an email)

{a}Email Instrument Beckman = Mary@lab.net         (i.e. if it is "Yes" and  "Beckman" - Mary gets an email)

66214   Fri Feb 20 05:00:40 2009 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindowsV 2.7.5Append a routine entry

I am using the following commands to display the text of all of the entries at once (so that you can read them without having to click on each entry).

Display mode = threaded
Expand Default = 3

Problem is that the information on the page is packed so tightly together (no white space) that it can be hard to read. Especially with single line entries.

Is it possible to automatically append a new line to a routine entry?

THANK YOU for your assistances.

66221   Tue Feb 24 12:44:27 2009 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5No Valid Header?

Stefan,

I finally got it installed on a server at work (only took a year to work through all the red tape). I have seven logbooks up and running and only one is giving me trouble. It is an On-Line Help book where I wanted to store documents that could be referenced by our staff. It is the simplest of my logbooks (see config file below) but when I hit the "Submit" button it crashes the program. I can not see the error myself but the server guys are telling me that that we are getting an "Internal error, no valid header!" error. The only other thing that I can think to mention is that the entry that is crashing the program is a 60k Microsoft word table that I had cut and pasted into elog.

Thank you, Mike

[OnlineHelps]
Write Password = SWNlQ3ViZQ==
;DISPLAY
Theme = default
Display mode = threaded
Mode Commands = 0

Thread display = --------------  $Title  --------------
Comment = On-Line Helps

Attributes = Title

Required Attributes = Title
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 0

66295   Thu Apr 9 12:50:03 2009 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2185Error Message in "Demo of database-like elog"

I attempted to remove the text editor (like you did in "Demo of database-like elog") using  "Show text = 0".

In both your Demo and my logbook when you hit  "New"  - Explorer generates the folowing error message

Error: The Textarea with id or name set to "text" was not found.

Is there a solution or do we just live with it.

Thanks,    Mike

66301   Mon Apr 13 07:26:39 2009 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2187Simple Math

Sorry to bother you. I could see in past Forum entries that the question of  "Simple Math" has come up before, although the answers were not all that simple.

Can you do simple math (i.e. attribute A + attribute B = attribute C) in ELOG ?

Thank you for putting up with my questions.

Mike

66334   Wed Apr 29 12:28:13 2009 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2185Database Like - ELOG Format

Stefan,

I am using the Database Like - ELOG format and on the list page, the the last two columns (on the right side) are, "Text" and "Attachments (the paperclip)".

Both of which I have deleted from the input page.

Is there anyway to remove them from the List page?

Thanks,      Mike

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886