Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 787 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectdown
  69388   Sat Aug 28 21:32:09 2021 Warning Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportLinuxELOG V3.1.4Adding entries without being logged in stopped working with attachments
Hi Stefan (et al),
we have several logbooks that allow to add new entries without logging in first.
That still works, as long as these entries don't have any attachments.
As soon as there is an attachment you are asked to login in the web interface.

I hope that this is not an intentional feature, but a bug?
Several of our software tools now fail to submit elog entries.

The problem occured when we upgraded to ELOG V3.1.4-2e1708b.
Version elog-3.1.4-611489b did not show this behaviour.

Kind Regards
Andreas
  66964   Thu Dec 2 10:15:26 2010 Question Mariusz StakowskiMariusz.Stakowski@asseco.plQuestionLinux2.8.0Adding attachment to an existing entry

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to edit an existing entry. I want to add an attachment. I can upload an attachment to the existing entry, but submitting it does not seem to work. The  added attachment is not visible. But it exists in logbook directory. The only way I found to add it, is to use "Resubmit as new entry" which is not quite what I want. Is it a design feature or perhaps I'm doing something wrong ?

Best regards

Mariusz Stakowski

67266   Wed May 9 00:55:08 2012 Question Danielle Gillandersdanielle.gillanders@fortisbc.comQuestionWindowsLatestAdding an image to the top text

Hi there,

I am new to ELOG, trying to add an image (logo) in my top text.

Theme = default
Comment = TRIPLE POINT Log
Top text = Logo.png

results in ‰PNG  .

When I just enter a string of text it seems to work fine... I would really appreciate any help!

thanks!

68721   Wed Jan 17 18:11:49 2018 Question Jason Moorejason.moore@viewglass.comQuestionWindows2.7.1-200Adding New User Failed During Email Send

The following error occured during the addition of new user, first time this occured:

"Cannot send email notification to "xxx@xxx.com" Sender address rejected: Domain not found

Please use your browser's back button to go back

We are using version 2.7.1-2002. Could this be a version issue? When we loaded the new version, the browser GUI was scrambled and illegible using Microsoft Edge/Explorer and Firefox.

2320   Thu Oct 4 12:03:30 2007 Smile Fergus Lynchflynch@alternativenetworks.comRequest ELOG V2.6.Add date and time stamp to file upload
Hi,

Been using ELOG for a couple of years now and I am very impressed with its functionality.

I would like to request a new feature - add date and time stamp to file upload. We use ELOG (amongst other things!) as a change log and this would really allow allow more accurate records to be kept. For instance we upload router config files (to record changes)and having the exact upload date would be a big enhancement, especially when there are a lot of attachments.

Many Thanks in Advance
Fergus
  1524   Mon Nov 21 12:00:05 2005 Question Alex Halex@synergie-inf.comRequestWindows2.6.0-betaAdd Button on calendar
Hi Stefan,

Could you add a "Today button" on the calendar to set immediatly the date of today on a date type field ?

Thanks
  67663   Thu Feb 20 12:27:42 2014 Question Markus Grosse-KockM.Grosse-Kock@reken.deQuestionWindows2.9.2-2475Adaptation of the language

Hello,

I want to change the language to German. But it does not work.

Here my config:

Theme = default
Resource dir = D:\Elog
Language = german

Where is the problem? Or is it not possible to change the language in Windows?

Best regards,
Markus
  66778   Mon Mar 29 06:05:08 2010 Entry Alan Grantnetman311@mts.netQuestionWindows2.7.8Active Directory authentication

Found a thread from 2004 ("External authentication") asking about the possibility of tying that in with ELog and answer was "Not yet". With time past, any chance this is now possible? I didn't see any more info on that since. 

I'd like to explore using AD to set up/manage groups for ELog authentication. Alternatively, is there currently another way with ELog to manage groups?

Regards.

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6