Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 789 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  66483   Wed Jul 29 14:48:34 2009 Agree T. Ribbrockemgaron+elog@ribbrock.orgBug reportLinux2.7.6r2233Re: Crashes when editing entries

By now, I've installed 2244 and ran some rudimentary tests. So far, I was not able to reproduce the crash anymore. Looking good!

66523   Wed Sep 2 09:39:20 2009 Agree james Goedsirjames.goedsir@stratosglobal.comQuestionWindows2.7.7Re: Time Display Format

james Goedsir wrote:

My Time field is displayed i  a 12 Hour format I would like to change it to 24 Hours, can someone advised how it can be done

Sorted no problem

66543   Mon Sep 14 13:04:57 2009 Agree Gillian Sabbertonelog@gks.thamespower.comOtherOther?Re: Elog stopped working

Gillian Sabberton wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Gillian Sabberton wrote:

We have been running elog for a couple of years now and this morning it stopped working.

We have tried to rstart it and it says successful start but still does not run, when doing a restart it says stop failed start success.

Does anyone have any ideas.

thanks

You shoudl start elogd interactively in a DOS box to see if there is any error. Maybe disk full or a network problem... 

It is running on a linux box, we have started in it in a telnet session, and no errors appear, as I am new to e-log is there an error log anywhere.

Have fixed this by removing the last added user from the Passwd file.

66544   Mon Sep 14 13:05:35 2009 Agree Gillian Sabbertonelog@gks.thamespower.comOtherOther?Re: Elog stopped working

Gillian Sabberton wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Gillian Sabberton wrote:

We have been running elog for a couple of years now and this morning it stopped working.

We have tried to rstart it and it says successful start but still does not run, when doing a restart it says stop failed start success.

Does anyone have any ideas.

thanks

You shoudl start elogd interactively in a DOS box to see if there is any error. Maybe disk full or a network problem... 

It is running on a linux box, we have started in it in a telnet session, and no errors appear, as I am new to e-log is there an error log anywhere.

Have fixed this by removing the last added user from the Passwd file.

66627   Mon Nov 23 13:17:53 2009 Agree David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukQuestionLinux2.7.7-2266Re: Attachments and images of attachments
> > Hi Stefan,
> > 
> > I attached a 12 page (22kB) pdf file - no images - to an entry, but elog only converted the first 8 pages to
> > images (.png).  This is reproducable, i.e. a different small multipage pdf file produced the same number of images.
> > 
> > The size of the pdf file does not seem to be a problem, a single page pdf file with a lot of images in it
> > attached as expected.
> > 
> > Is this correct, or a defined limitation?
> 
> This is a defined limitation. Sometimes people attach whole books in PDF form to an entry, and you don't want to end up 
> with hundreds of images cluttering your browser. If you want to see the full document, just load it into your PDF viewer.

Thanks, Stefan (why is this answer down under my name!?)

I couldn't find reference to this in the documentation.  In the case I referred to, I'll have to play with the pdf so that
the six pages I actually want displayed are.
  66632   Thu Nov 26 20:37:02 2009 Agree David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukBug reportLinux2.7.7-Re: "Reply to" Author in this forum
> > Hi Stefan,
> > 
> > This has happened twice on this forum now, starting from Mon 23rd November.
> > 
> > Someone submits an entry (Me, 66625, Bertram Metz 66628)
> > I assume you post a reply (66626, 66629), but it shows up as if I or Bertram are the author of the reply, not
> > yourself.  My reply to you (66627) was really authored by me, and I expressed puzzlement then at this point.
> > 
> > Is this a bug, or some wierd affect of us forgetting to log out?
> > 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > David.
> 
> Thanks for pointing out this issue. This bug was introduced recently, when I tried to avoid the
> 
> Re: Re: Re: ...
> 
> in the subject line. I changed this now completely so that we can have
> 
> Preset on reply Author = $full_name
> Preset on first reply Subject = Re: $Subject
> 
> which fixes both things. The modification is in revision 2271.

Thanks Stefan!
  66729   Sat Mar 6 19:13:55 2010 Agree Paul Paquetteppaquette@town.hampton.nh.usQuestionWindows2.7.8.2282Limit elog e-mail to only people involved with an entry

Howdy and Thank you in advance.

Can I limit an elog entry mails to only go to my e-mail, my supervisor and the person who is entering the elog entry.  I have the Elog server on Windows XP Pro running version 2.7.8.2282.

Thank you

Paul

66764   Mon Mar 15 13:20:17 2010 Agree Bertram MetzBertram.Metz@ge.comCommentWindows2.7.8Re: Invalid URL for groups beneath top groups in overview page

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Bertram Metz wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to implement top groups and started with the sample configuration shown in the 'Syntax of elogd.cfg' chapter of the documentation. But now I'm facing a problem with the links in the logbook selection page.

Here's my group configuration:

Group Linux PCs = Red Hat, Debian, Mandrake
Group Windows PCs = NT, XP

Top group engineering = Linux PCs, Windows PCs
Top group administration = Employees, Purchases
Show top groups = 1

The selection page for the top groups is displayed correctly, but the URL for the groups beneath the top group is incorrect. The URL for the Linux PCs group for instance is http://localhost:8080/engineering/engineering/ . The URLs for the logbooks within the Linux PCs groups is correct (e.g. http://localhost:8080/Debian/)

Has anybody an idea what's going wrong in y configuration?

Bertram

Thanks for reporting this bug. I fixed it in the intermediate release 278-4 which is ready for download. 

Thanks for the quick bug fix.

Bertram

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6