Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 790 of 799  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67898   Wed May 13 01:40:21 2015 Agree Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.0-devRe: "Leave Page" pop-up when "Submit" entry
> Thanks for the "boiling-down" of your config file. That helped me to reproduce the error quickly. It only occurs if you have a date/time attribute which is hidden as a conditional attribute. This is a unusual combination, that's why I haven't seen that bug before. Actually some 
> JavaScript code checks the validity of the date attribute, but since it is conditionally not there, the JavaScript code crashes, which triggers the dialog box you see. It's now fixed in the repository.
> 
> /Stefan
> 

Thank you Stefan!
That works nicely now.
Apparently it was less work to fix than to isolate it ;-)

Andreas
  68039   Fri Jul 3 21:26:32 2015 Agree Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comInfoLinux3.1.0-5be245eRe: ELOG and Gmail?
Using stunnel4 and the 3.1.0 version of elog, I was able to use gmail smtp without the use of iptables.

In my elogd.cfg I chose:

SMTP username = <gmailusername>@gmail.com
SMTP Password = <The hash produced with the perl statement posted by Christopher Lee>
SMTP host = 127.0.0.1

And in /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf:

[elogssl]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465
verify = 2
CApath = /etc/ssl/certs

FInally, run sudo stunnel4.
  68057   Thu Jul 23 08:19:38 2015 Agree Jan Henry Hetzelj.hetzel@fz-juelich.deInfoLinux3.1.0Re: Pasting pictures from clipboard does not work anymore (firefox 39)

Hi,

following the author of imagepaste one should upgrade the version of th CKEditor to a version >= 4.5. So replacing the folder ckeditor with a new version helped.

Best,

Jan

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I'm not aware of any workaround, so you might ask the author. Once you find a solution, I'm happy to include it in the distribution.

Stefan

Jan Henry Hetzel wrote:
Hallo, as I have already written in the title, my problem is that after uprgrading my firefox to version 39 I cannot include pictures from clipboard. A downgrade to a previous version of firefox helped. But as this is not recommended I wanted to ask if there is a workaround or if I should inform the author of the "imagepaste"-extension of the CKEditor? Best regards, Jan

68405   Thu Aug 25 18:32:13 2016 Agree Darren Hollinrakehollinrakedp@gmail.comQuestionWindowsV3.1.1-3f311c5Re: elog client cmd line submission of attributes with spaces.
Thanks for the response. You are indeed correct that the issue disappears when I comment out my required attributes line. If I just remove my "Start Time" attribute, all the other attributes work as well.

Rudy Taraschi wrote:
Try commenting out the Required Attributes line in your elogd.cfg file before submitting. I think it's a bug but this work-around gets around it.
  68410   Thu Sep 1 09:03:51 2016 Agree Antonio Bulgheroniantonio.bulgheroni@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.1Re: Image source url missing

The conflicting option is "Preview attachments". When this is turned off (set to 0), images are not properly uploaded. Could you please confirm it also on your side?

Antonio Bulgheroni wrote:

This is another piece of information to help in the debugging. To my standards logbooks, I have added the "demo". On the demo I can upload pictures while I can't on the other logbooks.

This is indicating that the bug has something to do with the logbook configuration other than with the editor or the image upload plugin.

Thanks for your help,

Antonio

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Yes, I can confirm that the image button upload does work in the Linux Demo logbook (Windows 10 client host, Firefox 47.0 client) and it still does not work in this Forum.

Andreas, there is something strange. It looks the problem is "configuration dependent" because I tried to upload a picture on the Linux Demo logbook and there it works. Can you confirm this too? 

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Okay, I can confirm this bug: with Windows 10 using Firefox 47.0 the dialog hangs as soon as I press "Send it to the server". When it returns, it did not upload anything. That is why it asks for URL after pressing OK.

Quick fix: just attach the image and use the URL of the attachment.

I did it here: Rose

Cheers

Andreas

Dear Stefan, this is to confirm that also from my personal laptop from home I have the same issue. No pictures uploaded to this server from windows 10. 

Which OS & Browser are you using? 

thanks,

Antonio

Dear Stefan, thanks for your answer. 

I tried to add a picture to this reply but I got the same error message with both Firefox and Chrome. 

For sure the pictures were not included in the message, but I have the feeling they were not even uploaded to the server. 

(I'm on Windows 7) 

Thanks for your help,

Antonio

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I entered this image exactly as you described. When I click OK, the dialog disappears. Can you check if it works for you on this server? Maybe with different browsers?

Stefan

Can anyone help me? I'm really clueless smiley

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

Dear all, sorry for asking you another question, but today after I finally recovered all my logbook entries, I updated to elog 3.1.1 and now I have a problem uploading images.

This is what I do:

• Click on the insert "Image" button in the editor toolbar
  • In the popup window I select the picture I want to upload and then press "Send to server". I see the file appearing among the attachments at the bottom of the message.
  • I click OK, but the popup complains that the Image Source URL is missing. Indeed when I switch to the other tab the URL field is open.

I have tried on your demo logbook and after the image is sent to the server, the URL field is automatically filled.

What am I doing wrong? With 2.9.2 it was working normally.

Thanks again and best regards

Antonio

68470   Wed Nov 30 02:29:36 2016 Agree Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnQuestionLinux3.1.1Re: Error: Entry text too big. Please increase TEXT_SIZE and recompile elogd

Thanks for your advice! I've test that dropping an image from my local disk into the text box with Elog-3.1.2. It did work. However, I still have a question want to ask that When I paste a small image into the text area, I can submit it successfully. But when I paste a bigger one, it will say "Entry text too big. Please increase TEXT_SIZE and recompile elogd". And There's the same result in https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Linux+Demo/. I can drop the image into text area now, so it doesn't matter.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I guee you tried to paste an image into the text area, and your browser somehow converted this into a text entry, which then of course can become very long. Elog since vesion 3 supports drag-and-drop. You can drop an image from your local disk into the "Drop attachemnts here..." box at the bottom of this page. You can also drag an image directly to the text box like this one: , but some browser might not work correctly. If it's not working for you, try it in the demo logbook https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Linux+Demo/ If it works there, please update your elog to the newest release and you should get it.

Stefan

Xuan Wu wrote:

Hi all,

A error came out when I pasted a photo in the text area with  HTML Encoding. The photo is a snapshot from Print Screen. When I submitted it, it said "Entry text too big. Please increase TEXT_SIZE and recompile elogd". How can I get rid of this? I've tried changing elogd.cfg that: ;Message Height = ;Message Width = or Message Height = 500 Message Width = 500. None of these work.

By the way, I want to ask another question that whether it can load a photo on local disk not only the photo URL by click image of the Image info in CKEditor. Can CKFinder integrate in CKEditor and then it can browse local file on tab of image info. My colleagues prefer pasting photos in text area than uploading it as attachment in our site.

Any advice or sugguestion will be appreciated.

68512   Fri Dec 16 14:44:19 2016 Agree Stefano Bonaldostefano.bonaldo.13@gmail.comBug fixMac OSX3.1.2Re: elogd crash on sorting the entries by an datetime attribute

Bug FIXED! Many thanks Stefan and my warmest congratulations for the elog project.

Stefano

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Ok I found it!

Was tricky. In my development environment (XCode) it worked fine. Only when I compiled elogd under Sierra on the command line, the probelm occured. That's why I did not see it earlier. It has to do with some functions Apple apparently changed ("strlcpy"). These function now have a new "functionality": When two parameters overlap, the function just aborts the process. This is specific to Sierre, so on any other Linux this does not happen. I changed now the soruce code to take care of the modified functions, and now it works fine. Please update to the newest GIT revision of elogd and recompile.

Stefan

68534   Fri Jan 6 11:05:18 2017 Agree Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnQuestionLinux3.1.2Re: How to make two attributes reacting with each other

So, as far as I know that ROptions and IOptions doesn't support conditional attributes.

I think what you suggest is a nice idea. An alternative way is putting Category attribute before Icon attribute and adding a tooltip to Icon attribute. However, I think your advice is better. Thanks!

Cheers

Xuan

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

IOptions does not support conditional attributes.

I think the proper solution would be to remove the icon selection field from the input form:

Show Attributes Edit = Author, Author Email, Category, System, Subject

The user would then only be able to edit the Category, the Icon would always be set accordingly. I would think that this would be the appropriate behaviour.

Cheers, Andreas

Xuan Wu wrote:

What I mean is that, when I select a catagory, the icon will change. If I change the icon, I need the catagory change too. 

Stefan Ritt wrote:

If you select a (different) category, the current icon setting simply gets overwritten, what ever it was before.

Xuan Wu wrote:

Sorry for my carelessness. What you said is definitely right. I just wonder how can Icon and Catagory change simultaneously whatever which one be selected first.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The example I gave you worked for me, I actually tested it. Please note that it contains

Options Category = ...

and not

ROptions Category = ...

Stefan

Xuan Wu wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply! I just test what you suggested, even I test {1} Preset on edit Icon = icon1.gif, they both didn't work.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

You can do that with conditional attributes (see documentation):

Attributes = Author, Author Email, Icon, Category, System, Subject
Options Category = Shift Summary{1}, Report{2}, Reply{3}, Fault{4}, Issue{5}, Resolved{6}, Maintenance{7}
IOptions Icon = icon1.gif, elc_list.png, icon3.gif, icon8.gif, icon4.gif, icon14.gif, elc_anchor.png

{1} Preset Icon = icon1.gif
{2} Preset Icon = elc_list.png
{3} Preset Icon = icon3.gif
{4} Preset Icon = icon8.gif
{5} Preset Icon = icon4.gif
{6} Preset Icon = icon14.gif
{7} Preset Icon = elc_anchor.gif

Icon comment icon1.gif = Shift Summary
Icon comment icon3.gif = Reply
Icon comment icon4.gif = Issue
Icon comment icon8.gif = Fault
Icon comment icon14.gif = Resolved
Icon comment elc_list.png = Report
Icon comment elc_anchor.png = Maintenance

Xuan Wu wrote:

Hi all,

I have two attributes defined like following

Attributes = Author, Author Email, Icon, Category, System, Subject

ROptions Category = Shift Summary, Report, Reply, Fault, Issue, Resolved, Maintenance

IOptions Icon = icon1.gif, elc_list.png, icon3.gif, icon8.gif, icon4.gif, icon14.gif, elc_anchor.png

Icon comment icon1.gif = Shift Summary
Icon comment icon3.gif = Reply
Icon comment icon4.gif = Issue
Icon comment icon8.gif = Fault
Icon comment icon14.gif = Resolved
Icon comment elc_list.png = Report
Icon comment elc_anchor.png = Maintenance

When the Shift Summary category being selected, I wish the icon1.gif Icon being selected automaticlly, as well as when icon8.gif being selected, Fault category be selected. How can I get this? Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Xuan

ELOG V3.1.5-f22f35fe