Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 790 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSdown ELOG Version Subject
  2168   Wed Mar 14 15:06:27 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequest CurrentRe: Addition of a "Restrict edit attribute" option?

Justin Ellison wrote:
Sorry, I didn't explain it enough.

This feature is like "Restrict edit time", but instead of setting an entire entry as read only after n hours, we set it read only if attribute y is true. Admin would be able to go in and reset that attribute to false to unlock the entry for editing, but no one else would be able to.

I understand what you want. The conditional attributes I showed you give you that functionality, except that unlocking is a bit painful for the admin (has to edit the config file each time). Sorry, but that's all I can give you.
  2169   Wed Mar 14 15:43:51 2007 Reply Justin Ellisonjustin@techadvise.comRequest CurrentRe: Addition of a "Restrict edit attribute" option?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I understand what you want. The conditional attributes I showed you give you that functionality, except that unlocking is a bit painful for the admin (has to edit the config file each time). Sorry, but that's all I can give you.

Now I understand what you were getting at. Sorry for the confusion. That should work fine for us - unlocking is something that shouldn't ever happen.

Thanks for the quick response!

Justin
  2262   Thu Jun 28 15:20:06 2007 Question toumbitoumbi@yopmail.comQuestion 2.6.5-1870How to change elog directories in windows
Hi , I need an example for windows directories syntax.
I would like to start elog in windows xp from a server directories "\\myserver\elog\" for example and/or "G:\elog\"
I want my elogd.cfg be on this server and not on my local hard drive.
also I would like the windows service start automatically from "\\myserver\elog\" or "G:\elog\"
thank you for your help.
  2263   Thu Jun 28 15:24:31 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion 2.6.5-1870Re: How to change elog directories in windows

toumbi wrote:
I would like to start elog in windows xp from a server directories "\\myserver\elog\" for example and/or "G:\elog\"
also I would like the windows service start automatically from "\\myserver\elog\" or "G:\elog\"
thank you for your help.

If you go to Computer Management, click on Services, double click on ELOG, you will see "Path to executable". Either you move elogd.exe to d:\elog and start it there, or you start elogd with the "-c" flag, which specifies the location of the config file, such as
...\elogd.exe -c g:\elog\elogd.cfg

I have to warn you however that sometimes I personally had kind of poor network connection to a Windows server, so the reply time of elog was many seconds.
  2264   Thu Jun 28 17:05:56 2007 Reply toumbitoumbi@yopmail.comQuestion 2.6.5-1870Re: How to change elog directories in windows

Stefan Ritt wrote:

toumbi wrote:
thank you for your help.

If you go to Computer Management, click on Services, double click on ELOG, you will see "Path to executable". Either you move elogd.exe to d:\elog and start it there, or you start elogd with the "-c" flag, which specifies the location of the config file, such as
...\elogd.exe -c g:\elog\elogd.cfg

I have to warn you however that sometimes I personally had kind of poor network connection to a Windows server, so the reply time of elog was many seconds.

Hi stephan , I remove elog and setup it again wiht the nis installer, and enter Z:\ELOG\ which is a mapping drive of my server directorie.
but it dont work. i have an error code 3 when i register the services with the shortcut "Register ELOG server service" .
Attachment 1: elog.JPG
elog.JPG
  2265   Thu Jun 28 17:08:32 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion 2.6.5-1870Re: How to change elog directories in windows

toumbi wrote:
Hi stephan , I remove elog and setup it again wiht the nis installer, and enter Z:\ELOG\ which is a mapping drive of my server directorie.
but it dont work. i have an error code 3 when i register the services with the shortcut "Register ELOG server service" .

If you see the service config page, then the service is already registered, and you should not use the shortcut "Register ELOG server service" any more. Just change "Startup type" to "Automatic" or "Manual" and click on the "Start" button.
  2268   Thu Jun 28 17:20:18 2007 Reply toumbitoumbi@yopmail.comQuestion 2.6.5-1870Re: How to change elog directories in windows

Stefan Ritt wrote:

toumbi wrote:

If you see the service config page, then the service is already registered, and you should not use the shortcut "Register ELOG server service" any more. Just change "Startup type" to "Automatic" or "Manual" and click on the "Start" button.

Hi again, See what happen when i install it on Z:\ELOG\ (it is a mapped drive of \\myserver\ELOG\)

Why code 3 ?

Ps: last time , i stopped and registered the service to copie the last version of elogd 1870
Attachment 1: elog.JPG
elog.JPG
  2269   Thu Jun 28 17:23:24 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion 2.6.5-1870Re: How to change elog directories in windows

toumbi wrote:
Why code 3 ?

No idea, this is an error coming from Windows. Try to start the service manually via the Service Manager, maybe you get some more error there. Or start elogd interactively in a DOS box, like

z:\ELOG\elogd.exe -v -c z:\ELOG\elogd.cfg

maybe there is some access rights conflict.
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6