Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 790 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versionup Subject
  1034   Tue Mar 29 16:21:32 2005 Blink Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinuxr1592Re: wrong handling of attachment names
> > - Irestarted the daemon
> > - attached strace to it
> > - requested the list for a testin logbook, few entries some quite big images 
> >   (two thumbnails, the other are old images get resized my the browser)
> > - repeted previous point a couple of times
> > - press F5 (mozilla-firefox)  the browser hangs 4ever
> > - stop the load
> > - repeat point 3, all right
> > - F5 => hangs
> > - F5 => hangs
> 
> I tried to reproduce this problem, but everything was fine. This problem was never
> reported by anyone else as well.

running ethereal I found a bug, hope this is the problem hanging my firefox (I think
we have a good chance it is :-P)

when I have thuimbs enabled, elog returns for the ".thumb" (or ".whatever".. thumb's
extension should be transparent to elog .. uhm... it can't be .. this is a problem)

anyway, having attached a pdf (a big one) and aving attachment display enabled (with
my thumbnails generated by my script)  elog returns for the displayed thumb a
Content-Type for application/x-pdf, instead of the correct image/jpeg. I think this is
the problem.

The only way for elog to know what is the correc\t content type for thumbnails is to
get it from a configuration parameter, becouse it is a chioce of the external script
used to generate them to choose the type of thumbs (jpeg, png, gif ... )
One conf parameter defaulting to jpeg may be the solution
  1277   Mon Jul 18 10:16:35 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Display Subject and HTML tags, regression
rev 1.703 makes the following code not to work:
Display Subject               = <b>$subject</b>

the <b> tag is displayed and not interpreted, as it was in previous revisions..
  1278   Mon Jul 18 18:36:32 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression

Emiliano Gabrielli wrote:

this patch should fix the problem .. a little bug still remain, if you insert some allowed HTML tags in the subject this is detected by is_html() so the Display Attribute and the Link is not applied .. the result is that the HTML is working but no elog featur is applied
  1286   Wed Jul 20 22:28:14 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression

rev. 1.707 makes it work again Big grin
  1287   Wed Jul 20 22:39:05 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression

this patch should fix the problem .. a little bug still remain, if you insert some allowed HTML tags in the subject this is detected by is_html() so the Display Attribute and the Link is not applied .. the result is that the HTML is working but no elog featur is applied

Your line
if (p && strchr(str, '>') && p >= str && *(p-1) != '\\')

in the code does not work. If the pattern is at the beginning of the string (p == str), then (p-1) points to an invalid location and can cause a segmentation fault. The correct patch is in CVS.
  1293   Thu Jul 21 11:00:47 2005 Reply Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression

Stefan Ritt wrote:

rev. 1.707 makes it work again Big grin

ok, nice Smile
  1294   Thu Jul 21 11:02:44 2005 Reply Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinuxrev 1.703Re: Display Subject and HTML tags, regression

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Your line
if (p && strchr(str, '>') && p >= str && *(p-1) != '\\')

in the code does not work. If the pattern is at the beginning of the string (p == str), then (p-1) points to an invalid location and can cause a segmentation fault. The correct patch is in CVS.

ehhe, I used "should" infact Tongue
  974   Mon Mar 7 16:05:22 2005 Entry Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportAllrev. 1.51Display <attribute> do erroneously encoded
Display subject = <b>$subject</b>

is printed to the browser encoded, so that it is diplayed as is..
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886