Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 791 of 799  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  69386   Wed Jul 21 16:16:29 2021 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.4Logging Main page entries, each with multiple ongoing events

Is there any way to log child events on the detail pages for a fixed number of entries on the main page? For example, I have 15 vehicles to enter on the main page, ID'd by Vehicle Number. Within each of those entries I will be logging ongoing repair service entries with certain attributes.

So how might I design this concept without having repeating vehicle entries on the main page for every service event, and preferably without splitting the information between two linked logbook tabs?

69389   Mon Aug 30 03:08:15 2021 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.4Large log file size

Can the size of the application log file affect performance?

69446   Tue Dec 14 19:16:57 2021 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.4Log4j exploit

Is there any potential impact/concern with the Log4j exploit in Elog applications?

69536   Tue Jun 28 18:53:50 2022 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Slow performance

We're up to 30 logbooks, 3.2GB data total and Elog damen has now become slow. Performance stats show 100%CPU on startup then reduces. Searches and general UI activity is slow. It runs on a VM with 4GB memory allocated. Up to 15 concurrent users.

Trimming and archiving some data files may help but I gather overall this is underpowered hardware in this instance so what is recommended system requirements for a config like this?

65805   Wed Apr 2 01:27:20 2008 Reply Alain HugentoblerAlain.Hugentobler@unige.chQuestionLinux2.7.3-2058Re: FCKeditor not active

Kevin O'Sullivan wrote:

I'm using ELOG version 2.7.3-2058 and have been trying to get FCKeditor to work. This, to my understanding from the documentation, is supposed to be a part of elog by default after version 2.7.0 and from looking at the configuration syntax manual, it looks as though FCKeditor should be on with the default settings. I done nothing to turn it off and none of the obvious fixes seem to do anything. I've posted the text of my configuration file below, what did I do wrong?

Got the same problem, solved by manually unzipping "scripts/fckeditor.zip" from the sources to the installation directory (/usr/local/elog/scripts)

A better solution is to modify the Makefile :

@unzip -q -f scripts/fckeditor.zip -d $(ELOGDIR)/scripts/

which doesn't work on my Ubuntu 8.04; however changing to:

@unzip -q scripts/fckeditor.zip -d $(ELOGDIR)/scripts/

does...

68310   Thu Apr 28 22:38:00 2016 Question Adam Fairbrotherafairbrother@sd73.bc.caBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-0767eb0Trouble with Find and Conditional attributes

I seem to be having some trouble with Find when using conditional attributes.

when I change the primary attribute in the find field, the corrispnding secondary attribute dosn't refresh properly with the list of values.

I am able to use the conditional options as expected when creating a new logbook.

I am using version ELOG V3.1.1-0767eb0 running on debian wheezey (compiled from sid sources)

68311   Thu Apr 28 22:54:08 2016 Reply Adam Fairbrotherafairbrother@sd73.bc.caBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-0767eb0Re: Trouble with Find and Conditional attributes

This may be due to how I have my config file setup

Example:

Attributes = A, B
Options B = Please Select A
Options A = One{1}, Two{2}
{1} Options B = 1, 2,
{2} Options B = 3, 4,

Adam Fairbrother wrote:

when I change the primary attribute in the find field, the corrispnding secondary attribute dosn't refresh properly with the list of values.

I am able to use the conditional options as expected when creating a new logbook.

I am using version ELOG V3.1.1-0767eb0 running on debian wheezey (compiled from sid sources)

68314   Fri Apr 29 20:37:04 2016 Reply Adam Fairbrotherafairbrother@sd73.bc.caBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-0767eb0Re: Trouble with Find and Conditional attributes

Uppon closer inspection, removing the option to preset the secondary attribute as a Option list dosn't do anything for the find page.

This:

Attributes = A, B
{1} Options B = 1, 2
{2} Options B = 3, 4

Still fails to set attribute B to a option list on  the find page. 

Adam Fairbrother wrote:

This may be due to how I have my config file setup

Example:

Attributes = A, B
Options B = Please Select A
{1} Options B = 1, 2,
{2} Options B = 3, 4,

Adam Fairbrother wrote:

ELOG V3.1.5-f22f35fe