Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 791 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  65855   Fri Apr 25 14:52:26 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

it seems out systemlang is en_US,

#date
Thu Mar 27 14:11:59 CET 2008

and i want to change the local lang only for the elogd.

i tried it with .bash_profile in the elog homedir with

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

how can i change it to get  ?

#date
Don Mär 27 14:09:14 CET 2008

You do not have to change the environment variable, this is all handled inside elogd. I fixed teh above error in SVN revision 2098. Can you try it?

is there any new option i can use/configure ?

i still get the english datetime

Eingabezeit: Thu Mar 27 09:27:41 2008

As I told you, you have to upgrade to SVN revision 2098 or later.

i've updated to ELOG V2.7.3-2104

65859   Fri Apr 25 19:56:48 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

is there any new option i can use/configure ?

i still get the english datetime

Eingabezeit: Thu Mar 27 09:27:41 2008

As I told you, you have to upgrade to SVN revision 2098 or later.

i've updated to ELOG V2.7.3-2104

Well, then you should get German locale. I just tried with the same version and following elogd.cfg, so I don't know what you are doing wrong:

[global]
port = 8080
language = german

[demo]
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject

Capture.png

great, works now

thx a lot

i had to create de_DE locales,  we only use de_AT, this is for austria, where we live

66003   Fri Oct 17 16:59:42 2008 Question thorsten kampst.kamps@gmx.netQuestionWindows Possible to submit entries by email to logbook

Hi, thanks to everyone involved for giving us the elog.

A question:

Is it possible to submit entries to an elog on a remote machine by email?

Thanks, Thorsten

66004   Fri Oct 17 17:03:02 2008 Question thorsten kampst.kamps@gmx.netQuestionWindows Easy way to submit images from screenshots as new entry

Hi, thanks for everyone involved for giving us the elog.

A question:

Is there an easy way (without intermediate save) to send screenshots (with irfan, snagit or hardcopy) as a new entry to an elog running on a remote machine?

Thanks, thorsten

67564   Thu Sep 12 18:01:34 2013 Question toddtodd.holsten@noaa.govQuestionLinux2.9.2-1posting future logbook entries

Is there a way to post a logbook entry to a future dated logbook file?  I've searched through the user manual for forward dating but can't seem to find anything.  As an example at my office, a user wants to add a personal entry stating they will be absent from work on October 5th and I would like that entry information written to the 131005a.log file instead of the current days log.

66719   Sat Feb 20 14:57:27 2010 Entry tomtnielsen91@gmail.comQuestionLinuxlatestLog Thread Close Automatically

If you have a logbook and you create a new entry, is it possible to put a time limit on that new entry so that edits/replies are only valid for certain amount of time.  I am looking for a way that would allow me to have a user start a new message, but after 8 hours, that message becomes locked and no one can edit or add to the message.  This is for some shift work and we do not want users to go back after their shift and edit the messages.  

66720   Sat Feb 20 18:29:31 2010 Question tomtnielsen91@gmail.comQuestionLinuxlatestPreset text =

I am looking for the correct syntax for Preset Text =

I have an html file I want set in the editor so that my users can just enter in the data below the predetermined heading.  What is the correct syntax/file location.  

Thanks!

98   Fri Aug 9 21:10:20 2002 Question tony summerfeltsnowzone25@yahoo.comQuestion  self-registration
i seem to be unable to find a clear explanation of how to enable self-registration in the docs.

just to be sure i grepped the doc directory, but the two references to it were in the changelog and the faq.

it could be just me but i'm not reading between the lines or connecting the various places in the docs to get it going :/
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886