Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 791 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectdown
  69141   Thu Apr 16 11:03:03 2020 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinuxELOG V3.1.3-... subject erased ...
I found two potential memory leaks which I fixed in the git version, so you can try again.

Another possibility, which is actually preferred, is to limit the size of the subject filed to a reasonable number. You can do that with following option

Format subject = 0, attribname, attribvalue, 80, 200

This shows the subject line with a width of 80 characters, but does only allow 200 characters to be entered there.

Best,
Stefan
  69142   Thu Apr 16 11:12:32 2020 Reply Stefano Lacaprarastefano.lacaprara@pd.infn.itBug reportLinuxELOG V3.1.3-... subject erased ...
> I found two potential memory leaks which I fixed in the git version, so you can try again.

Just tested, and it works! Many thanks for very quick patch!

> 
> Another possibility, which is actually preferred, is to limit the size of the subject filed to a reasonable number. You can do that with following 
option
> 
> Format subject = 0, attribname, attribvalue, 80, 200

Yes, that is a good suggestion, I'll implemented it.

Many thanks again!

Best,
  Stefano

> 
> This shows the subject line with a width of 80 characters, but does only allow 200 characters to be entered there.
> 
> Best,
> Stefan
  469   Fri Feb 13 12:25:15 2004 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.de Linux2.5.0-W -Wall options (using gcc)
Maybe consider using the options -W -Wall when compiling elogd.
There are several warning messages.
  69636   Tue Jan 31 17:40:22 2023 Warning Frank HeyrothnoBug reportLinux3.1.5-1*.cxx files missing in elog-3.1.5-1.tar.gz
I downloaded the last elog-3.1.5-1.tar.gz to install elog.

All *.cxx files are missing.
  66409   Wed Jun 24 13:23:49 2009 Entry Michael Husbynmichael.husbyn@gmail.comBug reportWindows2.7.6(my) Firefox breaks Elog with this config file
Hi, Did a fresh install on a Windows 2003 server (and tried it on my personal computer) After startup I can click on Norway/nor, and then the server just stops responding. I see in the log nothing, the last line: Received unknown cooke "style" Then it stops responding and after a few seconds I see the dos window returns to commandline prompt. Probably a very bad config file. On Windows XP it informs we of Dr Watson, memory could not be read message. Using Firefox 3.0.11 But if I use IE 7, no problem at all.. Any suggestion? Best regards Michael Husbyn
Attachment 1: elogd.cfg
[global]
port = 8091

group Norway=nor
group Sweden=swe
group Denmark=den

[nor]
Comment = $subject
Theme = default
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject
Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other
Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other
Extendable Options = Category
Required Attributes = Author, Type
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date, Type

[den]
Theme = default
Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other
Reverse sort = 1
Comment = General linux tips & tricks

[swe]
Comment = General linux tips & tricks
Theme = default
Reverse sort = 1
  66008   Mon Oct 20 15:32:19 2008 Question T. Ribbrockemgaron+elog@ribbrock.orgQuestionAll2.7.5-2130(How) can I hide columns in List view?

Originally, all information about our machines was stored in a spreadsheet with one sheet for the hardware of the machines and one for the software. By now, I've sucessfully moved the software part to an elog logbook and am now looking at transferring the hardware part as well.

As both lists are machine-name based, one of the options would be to merge both lists, as this would place all machine-related info into one logbook. The downside of this is that I get so many columns in list view that the result is quite unwieldy. Hence, I would like to hide some columns - ideally creating a "hardware view" and a "software view".

From the documentation, the only option I could find that seemed suitable was "List conditions". Unfortunately, I do not quite understand from the manual how this is supposed to work, so I'm quite possibly doing something wrong. I've tried this:

; General settings
List conditions = 1

; Attributes
Attributes = Type, Created, StatusA, StatusB, Archived

; Options & Tooltips
Options Type = Type1{10}, Type2{11}

; Conditionals
{10}List display = Edit, Type, Created, Status
{11}List display = Edit, Type, Created, StatusA, StatusB, Archived

but no matter how I set "Type", it does not seem to have any effect on the List display. One thing I don't understand for example is how does elog decide in List view which entry sets the condition? If all entries are set to the same value (in this example e.g. "Type1")? The first entry? Or am I missing something altogether?

Also, if there are alternative ways how I could accomplish my goal, I'd also be most grateful for suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

293   Tue Apr 22 17:13:08 2003 Angy Alexander ZVYAGINAlexander.Zviagine@cern.chBug report  'Reply' removes attachments from the original message
It seems when I use "reply" with an attachments, the original attachments of
the message are removed.

I use elog-2.3.5

Alexander.
  1972   Tue Oct 10 15:32:21 2006 Idea Ben Shepherdbjs54@dl.ac.ukRequestAll2.6.2-1714'Inline' button for attachments
Hi,

It would be good if when you uploaded an image as an attachment, there was a button next to it that pasted the code
[img]elog:1972/1[/img]
into the log entry. This way, it would be more easy to have inline images in a log entry.

cheers

ben
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6