Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 792 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: Access Control, posted by Grant Jeffcote on Thu May 15 17:45:44 2008 
[quote="Grant Jeffcote"][quote="Yoshio Imai"][quote="Grant Jeffcote"]At present we can give others a full view by adding them to the 'Users' list for each
individual logbook, this unfortunately also gives them 'write' access.[/quote]
icon5.gif   reset password link when using proxy, posted by Devin Bougie on Thu May 15 18:36:55 2008 
For heightened security, we allow access to our ELOG installation from offsite through an apache proxy.  Therefore, the URL for our ELOG becomes http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/proxy/elog/
.  Everything seems to work properly with this setup except for the "reset password" utility.  When trying to reset ones password,
the link sent in the "Password recovery" email becomes, for example:
icon5.gif   Is there a way to indicate when an entry has been edited?, posted by Dennis Seitz on Thu May 15 19:57:23 2008 
 You've probably seen my other posts on this subject.
I want to be able to re-edit some entries but I need some way to know the dates entries were re-edited.
Am I just approaching this the wrong way? Should I disable re-editing of entries and use threads to follow changes by posting replies to an entry?
icon5.gif   Conditional Attributes Boolean?, posted by Grant Jeffcote on Mon May 19 06:14:04 2008 
Hi Stefan,

After searching the manual and not finding (missing?) the answer is it possible to add conditional statements to a Boolean attribute? I would like a tick
icon5.gif   "preview attachement" flag not working on thumbnails ?, posted by Bruno Serfass on Fri May 23 20:56:43 2008 
Hi,

I would like to turn off the display of attachements when editing an entry in some of our logbooks that contains big file. 
    icon2.gif   Re: Possible to sort attribute chronologically? , posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jun 2 11:11:27 2008 
> I tried to use the command
> Subst on edit Last Edit = $entry time
> but it gives a "-" for the Last Edit value when I edit an entry. 
    icon2.gif   Re: "preview attachement" flag not working on thumbnails ?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jun 2 12:08:00 2008 
> I would like to turn off the display of attachements when editing an entry in some of our logbooks that contains big file. 
> So I did set the flag "preview attachements"  to 0. It seems to work fine on text file attachment but 
> the  thumbnails for PDF and images (very nice feature by the way!...) are still there...
icon3.gif   thumbnails in list and entry views?, posted by Dennis Seitz on Thu Jun 5 02:06:31 2008 
It would be very cool to be able to select Full from the view menu and then scroll rapidly through all entries looking for that high res photo of a SQUID
chip I took two months ago. Presently the photos are all full size so the Full view is slow to load and it takes a lot of scrolling to navigate.
Can you implement thumbnails in Full view, and also in the single entry view? Clicking on the thumbnail should, of course, open the full size image.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886