Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 793 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectdown
  69424   Sat Nov 27 21:48:41 2021 Warning Chris Körnerchris.koerner@physik.uni-halle.deBug reportLinux3.14$attribute replacement fails occasionally

Hi,

In our setup we have multiple logbooks. I want a convenient way to search all logbooks for an attribute (in our case with the name Sample-ID) by just clicking it in the list display of any logbook.Therefore, in the [global] section I put "List Change Sample-ID = <a href="https://ourelog.com/$logbook/?all=1&Sample-ID=$Sample-ID"</a>. This transforms the attribute in list display into a hyperlink to the search results page. So far this works fine. In the results page, of course the option also applies, meaning the attribute is replaced by the link as well. But here something odd happens and the replacement does not work. The intended behavior is to replace $logbook in the link with the name of the logbook. Sometimes, however, the replacement yields something like "logbook" (missing $ and thus not replacing anything) or even weirder something like "60logbook". I have no idea what causes this.

65761   Thu Feb 28 19:07:19 2008 Idea Yoshio ImaiRequestLinux | All2.6.5#include statements and attachment visibility
Hi!

First of all, thank you again for the great software and all the support.

Recently, one collaborator here noted that it would be helpful if the preview of attached files could be disabled on a file-by-file basis (via a checkbutton next to the "Upload" button maybe?). This applies e.g. to cases where someone performs a measurement outside of routine operations and attaches the ASCII data file (preview not wanted, in particular if it contains many lines) and the graph representing the evaluation (preview wanted). The disabling should apply to both single-entry view and list view with "Show attachments" option.

Another "fancy" idea of ours would be to allow #include-like statements in the ELOG config file. E.g. if the number of logbooks gets large, people might choose to put old logbooks to an archive disk which is then stored on some shelf. If a user then wants to access these, the disk could be mounted again (say, under /elog-archive). But since we don't know which archive disk has been mounted, and in order to keep the main config file small, the best would be to have the configurations for the logbooks of each disk on the disk itself (say, in a file called additional.config). We could then have a line like
#include /elog-archive/additional.config
in the main config file. When the elogd is (re)started, it would try to include that file. If it finds none (because no archive disk is mounted) it would silently ignore this. But if it finds such a file, it would include the logbook definitions found therein.

Do you think it is possible (and preferable) to implement this?

Cheers

Y
  65890   Fri May 23 20:56:43 2008 Question Bruno Serfassserfass@berkeley.eduQuestion  "preview attachement" flag not working on thumbnails ?
Hi,

I would like to turn off the display of attachements when editing an entry in some of our logbooks that contains big file. 
So I did set the flag "preview attachements"  to 0. It seems to work fine on text file attachment but 
the  thumbnails for PDF and images (very nice feature by the way!...) are still there...

How can I avoid displaying the thumbnails in the edit mode? This  is very important when the attached file is big  because
it almost makes it impossible to edit..

Thanks for your feedback!
Bruno 
  Draft   Thu Oct 1 15:09:17 2015 Question Jean Pierre VandecandelaereJeanPierre.Vandecandelaere@vdab.beQuestionWindows3.x.x"not a valid Win32 application" error on versions 3.x.x

Hello,

we have been using elog 2.7.1 as a logbook to signal problems and so on in our Engine Room Simulator for a couple of months now. Since this is exactly what we're looking for, I've installed the latest release in our sailing simulator as well. On this occasion I thought about updating the logbook in our engine room simulator as well. Unfortunately I cannot do that, because I get the error "elogd.exe is not a valid Win32 application" with every version of elog higher than 2.9.2 (so every version 3.x.x). The difference between our two simulators is that the elog package for the sailing simulator is installed on a Windows Vista machine, while the version for the engine room simulator is installed on a Windows 2003 Server.

Question: can I get/find/compile the latest version as a Win32 application and if yes: how or where?

Thanks,

Jean Pierre

1362   Mon Aug 1 11:58:43 2005 Question Kees Bolkees.bol@wur.nlInfoLinux2.6.0"full" only changes color
Hi,
I have the strange problem that when changing to "full"-diplaymode the output looks the same as with "summary", only the color is different. The texts don't appear.
Any idea what can cause this behaviour?

thanks
Kees Bol
  190   Tue Jan 7 17:49:40 2003 Idea Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.ch   "User" and "Group" statements changed from Version 2.2.5
From Version 2.2.5 on, the configuration file entries

User = ...
Group = ...

have been changed to

Usr = ...
Grp = ...

in order not to conflict with the new "Group = ..." option which is used by 
hierarchical logbooks.
  69503   Tue Apr 12 08:55:55 2022 Question Gys Wuytsgys.wuyts@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.4 (latest)"User stamp" icon like Time Stamp in Body

Hello,

Is there a possibility to use like the time stamp a user stamp: by clicking the button in the main text entry it adds the username, just like the time stamp button does: Tue Apr 12 08:58:46 2022 ?

I searched but I'm not sure how this would be correctly named.

Thanks,

G

520   Thu Apr 1 20:21:26 2004 Question PJ Meyerpjm@pjmeyer.orgQuestionWindows1.35 to 2.51"Upgrading" from 1.35 to 2.52 fails
Have a working copy of 1.35 running on NT4 server.
Went to upgrade to latest version.
Stopped service, installed the 2.52 version, restarted service and when 
trying to connect get nothing but server not found, dns errors, etc.
Copy back the 1.35 elogd.exe and everything is fine - I can connect and add 
entries to log.
Copy 2.52 elogd.exe and nothing.

So being the bright boy, I unistalled E-log, went through the registry and 
yanked everything out that referenced ELOGD, rebooted, installed 2.52, made 
the necessary registry changes, started service and nothing. 

Stopped service and copied 1.35 Elogd.exe back into folder, started service, 
and everything works.

Any ideas on why 1.35 works like a charm but 2.52 won't? I've tried stepping 
back to 2.10 version before giving up.

This is a server that is patched to latest and runs quite well with 1.35.
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6