Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 191 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68251   Thu Feb 4 15:07:07 2016 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindowsV3.1.1-0767eb0Re: Applying cell style or some sort of subst in list view only
> Good day,
> 
> I have an attribute that is 25 chars. it can be empty until someone edit it to fill the information.
> The default view for that logbook is List. 
> 
> Is it possible to display that attribute in list view but not the entire 25 chars ?
> What I mean is that if the field is empty, show it as empty but if it has some information, show something like "X" in List view.
> 
> I tried playing with Styles and Cell Styles but I couldn't figure it out...
> Cell Style seams to require specific values "" to apply the style properties. I can't figure how to apply cell style "if field is not empty" :)
> 
> Thanks for your help :)

If your server would run on Linux, then the configuration below would just do what you've asked for:

Attributes = X
List change X = $shell(if [ -z "$X" ] ;then echo "";else echo "X";fi)

But since shell scripting is operating system dependent, you'll need to figure out yourself how to do it in Windows.

Cheers
Andreas
  68250   Thu Feb 4 14:47:50 2016 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowsV3.1.1-0767eb0Re: Applying cell style or some sort of subst in list view only
> Good day,
> 
> I have an attribute that is 25 chars. it can be empty until someone edit it to fill the information.
> The default view for that logbook is List. 
> 
> Is it possible to display that attribute in list view but not the entire 25 chars ?
> What I mean is that if the field is empty, show it as empty but if it has some information, show something like "X" in List view.
> 
> I tried playing with Styles and Cell Styles but I couldn't figure it out...
> Cell Style seams to require specific values "" to apply the style properties. I can't figure how to apply cell style "if field is not empty" :)
> 
> Thanks for your help :)

Unfortunately something like this is not implemented in elog.

Stefan
  68249   Thu Feb 4 14:21:19 2016 Cool Francois CloutierFrancois@fcmail.caQuestionWindowsV3.1.1-0767eb0Applying cell style or some sort of subst in list view only
Good day,

I have an attribute that is 25 chars. it can be empty until someone edit it to fill the information.
The default view for that logbook is List. 

Is it possible to display that attribute in list view but not the entire 25 chars ?
What I mean is that if the field is empty, show it as empty but if it has some information, show something like "X" in List view.

I tried playing with Styles and Cell Styles but I couldn't figure it out...
Cell Style seams to require specific values "" to apply the style properties. I can't figure how to apply cell style "if field is not empty" :)

Thanks for your help :)
  68248   Fri Jan 29 06:35:05 2016 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindowsLatestRe: Can I host elog in the web under windows platform without Apache Web Server?
Can't help you with that, and I think it is the wrong forum to ask that question.
You'll need a web service provider that will allow you to run your own services.
And then it'll either require some skills in host administration or a full host service by the provider.
Cheers, Andreas
Dawang wrote:

Thanks Andreas and Stefan,

Since I'm not good in setting up webserver, do you know a web hosting company that can I use to integrate elog so that i can access my elog publicly same as you are using here? Thanks.

BR,

Raymund

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
I admit that I'm not sure if I understood the question. It is quite some work to do the opposite, to run elog behind an Apache Web Server.
But if you just install ELOG out of the box it will always run without an Apache Web Server. You don't need to add anything in the config file for that.
Dawang wrote:

Hi All,

Can I host elog in the web (internet) under windows platform (elogd.exe only) without Apache Web Server? If possible, what syntax should I add in the configuration file? Appreciate feedback. Thanks.

Cheers,

Raymund

68247   Fri Jan 29 05:38:03 2016 Reply Dawangraymund.dawang@gmail.comQuestionWindowsLatestRe: Can I host elog in the web under windows platform without Apache Web Server?

Thanks Andreas and Stefan,

Since I'm not good in setting up webserver, do you know a web hosting company that can I use to integrate elog so that i can access my elog publicly same as you are using here? Thanks.

BR,

Raymund

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
I admit that I'm not sure if I understood the question. It is quite some work to do the opposite, to run elog behind an Apache Web Server.
But if you just install ELOG out of the box it will always run without an Apache Web Server. You don't need to add anything in the config file for that.
Dawang wrote:

Hi All,

Can I host elog in the web (internet) under windows platform (elogd.exe only) without Apache Web Server? If possible, what syntax should I add in the configuration file? Appreciate feedback. Thanks.

Cheers,

Raymund

68246   Thu Jan 28 20:02:06 2016 Reply Devin Bougiedevin.bougie@cornell.eduBug reportLinux3.1.1Re: attachments created using "Image" button can not be clicked-on and do not appear in the attachment table.

As there appears to be some inconsistencies, I thought I'd document the behaviour of each of the attachment options.

------

1. Click on the "Image" button in the CKEditor, click on "Choose File" and browse to the file, click on "Send it to the Server", and click "OK".

• The image appears inline at the configured "Thumbnail size", but it is not clickable and it does not appear in the attachment table when viewing the entry.

2. Drag and drop an image into the body of the message.

• The image appears inline at the configured "Thumbnail size" and is clickable.  As with "1," however, it does not appear in the attachment table when viewing the entry.

3. Drag and drop an image into the "Drop attachments here ..." section.

• The image appears in the attachment table at the configured Thumbnail Size, and is clickable.

4. From the attachment table, click on "Choose File" and then click on "Upload."

• The image appears in the attachment table at the configured Thumbnail Size, and is clickable.

------

We need to make sure the images are always clickable so that you can always view the full-sized image.  Any suggestions for fixing this, short of reverting to v2.9.2, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Devin

Devin Bougie wrote:

This has been confirmed usign the Demo forum on this server.  For example, please see https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Linux+Demo/8

When an image is attached using the "Image" button in the CKEditor, that image does not appear in the attachment table for that entry.  In addition, the image can not be clicked on to view the full image.

This was not the case in v2.9.2, at least.

Is there some configuration option I could toggle to change this behaviour?  By default, we would like any attachment (whether it's made using drag and drop, the Image button, or the "Choose File" button) to appear in the attachment table *and* be clickable to view the full image.

Thanks,

Devin

68245   Wed Jan 27 21:33:53 2016 Warning Devin Bougiedevin.bougie@cornell.eduBug reportLinux3.1.1attachments created using "Image" button can not be clicked-on and do not appear in the attachment table.

This has been confirmed usign the Demo forum on this server.  For example, please see https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Linux+Demo/8

When an image is attached using the "Image" button in the CKEditor, that image does not appear in the attachment table for that entry.  In addition, the image can not be clicked on to view the full image.

This was not the case in v2.9.2, at least.

Is there some configuration option I could toggle to change this behaviour?  By default, we would like any attachment (whether it's made using drag and drop, the Image button, or the "Choose File" button) to appear in the attachment table *and* be clickable to view the full image.

Thanks,

Devin

68244   Fri Jan 22 18:02:44 2016 Reply Devin Bougiedevin.bougie@cornell.eduBug reportLinux3.1.1Re: entry does not appear in list while it is being edited

Thanks, Stefan!  Yes, the old behavior is an acceptable workaround.  Although you need to use "Save drafts = 0" for this instead of "autosave = 0".

Ideally, our machine studies group would like to have the ability to save / autosave an entry *and* have it remain in the list.  We'd be very grateful to see that as an option in a future release.

Thanks again,

Devin

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I have a question here. You say "previsous releases didn't have this problems". Well, they did not have the auto-save feature. You can turn this off if you like with "autosave = 0". This also removes the "Save" button so elog behaves exactly as before.

I decided NOT to show draft entries in the list, because these are entries currently under editing, and maybe the editor does not want others to see a half finished entry. Actually I had this feature initially and people complained about seing half finished messages in the list. Previously, when there was no "Save" button, new entries where not visible on the list because nothing was submitted at all, and I guess that was ok with you. So would reverting to the old functionality via "autosave = 0" make you happy? Of course you then loose the autosave functionality. So if people enter a long entry, and surf away from the page or the browser crashes, the entry is lost.

Devin Bougie wrote:

Thanks, Andreas.  I was aware of the "pending draft" menu, and I am aware that you can manually browse to an entry even if it doesn't appear in the list.  However, for our operations group it is a requirement that any saved entry appears in the list, even if it's in the process of being edited.  We won't be able to upgrade until this is possible.  

Previous releases didn't have this problem, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to address with a new configuration option.  Please let me know if there's something I should do to submit an official feature request / bug report.

Thanks again,

Devin

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
Hi Devin,
this is the intended bevaviour, there is nothing wrong with that.
Only a submitted entry should be visible to the world.
If you would have played a little bit longer, you would have found out yourself how you'll get access again to this so-called "draft" entry after closing the browser window:
as soon as you attempt to create - as the same user - an new entry, you'll be asked if you want to continue editing your old draft entry instead.
I've attached a screenshot of this "pending draft" menu, as it has been shown for this entry before I've submitted it.
Kind Regards, Andreas
PS: You gave a very clear "failure" description: what you did, what you expected to happen and what you've observed what happened instead. Well done: that deserves a swift answer! smiley
Devin Bougie wrote:

When an entry is being edited, it does not appear in the list once it's been autosaved or the editor manually clicks on "Save."  This has been reproduced in the "Linux Demo" forum on this site, as well as on a clean installation of the 3.1.1 binary on EL6.

It would be great if there was a configuraiton option to control this, but I haven't found it yet.  To reproduce:

- edit an existing entry

- click on "Save"

- view the list for that logbook, and the entry will be hidden until you click "Submit"

Obviously this becomes a problem when a user edits an entry, but navigates away from the browser window before submitting the changes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Devin

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6