Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 194 of 800  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Datedown Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68216   Tue Jan 12 14:05:55 2016 Reply Johan Forsbergjohan.forsberg@maxlab.lu.seRequestLinuxV3.1.0-2411f95Re: Prefill attributes for new post

Wow, than you both for the quick response! I agree it's quite a hidden gem, but the most important thing is that it works, thanks!

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Put a "p" in front of the attribute, like "&pSubsystem=Vacuum". This is kind of an undocumented feature just for the experts ;-)

Johan Forsberg wrote:

Hi all,

I have a use case for ELOG where I need to be able to "prefill" some attributes in the "cmd=new" form, based on the URL.

To illustrate, imagine a link that takes the user directly to the form for creating a new post, with the "Subsystem" attribute already filled out to "Vacuum".

Is this possible already? I've tried naively using URL parameters (e.g. "&Subsystem=Vacuum") but that does not work. If it's not implemented, I think it would be a useful feature to have (and quite important for my particular use case). I could create a new post first using the "elog" tool, with the desired attributes set, but it makes more sense to defer the actual creation of the post to the user, i.e. he/she might change their mind before pressing "submit".

Thanks,

Johan Forsberg, MAX IV Laboratory, Sweden

68215   Tue Jan 12 11:50:22 2016 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinuxV3.1.0-2411f95Re: Prefill attributes for new post

Put a "p" in front of the attribute, like "&pSubsystem=Vacuum". This is kind of an undocumented feature just for the experts ;-)

Johan Forsberg wrote:

Hi all,

I have a use case for ELOG where I need to be able to "prefill" some attributes in the "cmd=new" form, based on the URL.

To illustrate, imagine a link that takes the user directly to the form for creating a new post, with the "Subsystem" attribute already filled out to "Vacuum".

Is this possible already? I've tried naively using URL parameters (e.g. "&Subsystem=Vacuum") but that does not work. If it's not implemented, I think it would be a useful feature to have (and quite important for my particular use case). I could create a new post first using the "elog" tool, with the desired attributes set, but it makes more sense to defer the actual creation of the post to the user, i.e. he/she might change their mind before pressing "submit".

Thanks,

68214   Tue Jan 12 11:48:57 2016 Idea Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chRequestLinuxV3.1.0-2411f95Re: Prefill attributes for new post
Hi Johan,
yes, it is possible. And you were actually very close :-)
In order to pass preset-parameters within a URL, you just need to prefix the fieldname with a "p". In your example, you would write "...&pSubsystems=Vacuum".
Here is an example for the Linux Demo logbook:
https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Linux+Demo/?cmd=New&pAuthor=Santa+Claus&pSubject=Christmas+Presents&pType=Problem+Fixed&pCategory=Hardware

This feature is even already documented: https://midas.psi.ch/elog/userguide.html#misc :-)

I wish you a Happy New Year!
Andreas
Johan Forsberg wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,

68213   Tue Jan 12 11:35:55 2016 Idea Johan Forsbergjohan.forsberg@maxlab.lu.seRequestLinuxV3.1.0-2411f95Prefill attributes for new post

Hi all,

Thanks,

68211   Wed Dec 16 09:56:09 2015 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chRequestWindowsLatestRe: Sample of actual elog Config with URL in SSL

You normally don't need to specify "URL = xxx" at all. It is only needed if you work with a Proxy that changes the normal ELOG URL. And yes, you'll need "Port = 433" and "SSL =1".

And elogd must be compiled with USE_SSL=1, maybe that's your problem?

In addition you should buy a valid SSL certificate. Otherwise every user needs to acknowledge an exception for your invalid SSL certificate.

Cheers, Andreas

Dawang wrote:

HI Guys,

Can you please give me an idea how will I write in the config. I want my elog will be accessed via internet. Though there's a tutorial / guideline, I need an actual config file for me to easily grasp how the URL = xxx should be write. Do my port should be Port = 433 and SSL=1?

Thanks,

Raymund

68210   Mon Dec 14 04:42:04 2015 Entry Dawangraymund.dawang@gmail.comRequestWindowsLatestSample of actual elog Config with URL in SSL

HI Guys,

Can you please give me an idea how will I write in the config. I want my elog will be accessed via internet. Though there's a tutorial / guideline, I need an actual config file for me to easily grasp how the URL = xxx should be write. Do my port should be Port = 433 and SSL=1?

Thanks,

Raymund

68209   Fri Dec 11 14:30:10 2015 Warning Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportWindows | Other3.1.1-bc8310aRe: If a Required Attribute starts with a number – No CKEditor
Hi David,
I can confirm a bug: changing the encoding does not work if you have a required attribute starting with a digit. The following minimal config reproduces the bug:
[global]
Default encoding = 1
[test]
Attributes = 7SWM 
Options 7SWM = Name
Required Attributes = 7SWM

Whatever you choose as a default encoding you'll be stuck with. If you remove the "Required Attributes" it works again.

The workaround is very simple: do not use any attributes that do start with a digit :-)

Cheers, Andreas

David Dunne wrote:
Hello, Is the below an issue or am I doing something incorrectly? Creating an attribute starting with a number and then including that attribute in the Required Attribute list prevents access to the CKEditior. This appears to be the case at least with FreeBSD (10.2 Rel) using Elog V3.1.0 and Windows 7 with Elog V3.1.1-3f311c5. The problem can be recreated using the Elog supplied sample config and adding the necessary attribute, sample config showing below. While attribute 7SWM is part of the Required Attributes the CKEditor fails to appear, remove 7SWM from the Required Attributes list and the CKEditor returns. [global] port = 8080 [demo] Theme = default Comment = General Linux Tips & Tricks Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject, 7SWM Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other Options 7SWM = Name-1, Name-2, Name-3 Extendable Options = Category Required Attributes = Author, Type, 7SWM Page Title = ELOG - $subject Reverse sort = 1 Quick filter = Date, Type Thank you, David Dunne

68208   Fri Nov 27 06:53:54 2015 Question David Dunneddunne@seven.com.auQuestionWindows | Other3.1.0If a Required Attribute starts with a number – No CKEditor
Hello, Is the below an issue or am I doing something incorrectly? Creating an attribute starting with a number and then including that attribute in the Required Attribute list prevents access to the CKEditior. This appears to be the case at least with FreeBSD (10.2 Rel) using Elog V3.1.0 and Windows 7 with Elog V3.1.1-3f311c5. The problem can be recreated using the Elog supplied sample config and adding the necessary attribute, sample config showing below. While attribute 7SWM is part of the Required Attributes the CKEditor fails to appear, remove 7SWM from the Required Attributes list and the CKEditor returns. [global] port = 8080 [demo] Theme = default Comment = General Linux Tips & Tricks Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject, 7SWM Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other Options 7SWM = Name-1, Name-2, Name-3 Extendable Options = Category Required Attributes = Author, Type, 7SWM Page Title = ELOG - $subject Reverse sort = 1 Quick filter = Date, Type Thank you, David Dunne
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6