Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 195 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Datedown Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68178   Wed Nov 4 14:40:39 2015 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionLinux2.9.2Re: WYSIWYG editor for Elog not working in Debian Jessie
Hi Nicola,
this appears to be a particular problem of the specific (outdated) ELOG debian package.
But you could just download the FCKeditor directly and install it to the proposed location "/usr/share/fckeditor".
Or you download ELOG 3.1.1 and give it a try to install it with the makefile.
Cheers, Andreas
Nicola wrote:

I suspect that this might be a Debian packaging issue; however no one replied to my help request on the Debian forums so I try posting the question also here. I insatlled Elog on my Debian Jessie machine, I can open it with a browser but when entering a new post just a simple plain text editing box is shown instead of the WYSIWYG editor, and no drag and drop area for attachments is shown. When I start the elog service with "systemctl start elog" I get this suspect message in the journal: "FCKedit NOT detected". Indeed, I see that the elog installation creates a symlink which I guess is supposed to point to the fckeditor installation, which nevertheless is missing:

root@static-3-080:/usr/share/elog/scripts# ll fckeditor
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Oct 25  2014 fckeditor -> ../../fckeditor
root@static-3-080:/usr/share/elog/scripts# ll ../../fckeditor
ls: cannot access ../../fckeditor: No such file or directory

Is this a Deban misconfiguration or a bug in Elog? thanks

68177   Tue Nov 3 18:22:33 2015 Entry Nicolanicolamori@aol.comInfoLinux2.9.2WYSIWYG editor for Elog not working in Debian Jessie

I suspect that this might be a Debian packaging issue; however no one replied to my help request on the Debian forums so I try posting the question also here. I insatlled Elog on my Debian Jessie machine, I can open it with a browser but when entering a new post just a simple plain text editing box is shown instead of the WYSIWYG editor, and no drag and drop area for attachments is shown. When I start the elog service with "systemctl start elog" I get this suspect message in the journal: "FCKedit NOT detected". Indeed, I see that the elog installation creates a symlink which I guess is supposed to point to the fckeditor installation, which nevertheless is missing:

root@static-3-080:/usr/share/elog/scripts# ll fckeditor
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Oct 25  2014 fckeditor -> ../../fckeditor
root@static-3-080:/usr/share/elog/scripts# ll ../../fckeditor
ls: cannot access ../../fckeditor: No such file or directory

Is this a Deban misconfiguration or a bug in Elog? thanks

68176   Mon Nov 2 08:41:20 2015 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportAll3.1.1Re: restrict edit time and autosave
Hi Kester,
yes, I did run into the same problem, that I could not even delete old drafts due to our restrict edit time.
We allow anonymous submissions in our operation logbooks. After a while drafts of unsubmitted messages just pile up; and I need to remove them as administrator.
While I can do that easily for anonymous drafts, I cannot do that for drafts of other users: I don't easily see those drafts.
It would be really nice, if drafts would be handled different then other entries regarding "Restrict edit time" as you've suggested.
Cheers, Andreas
Kester Habermann wrote:

Hello,

When using restrict edit time together with autosave, there is the following problem: The counter for restrict edit time seems to start after the autosave. If the time is up, it is no longer possible to submit the report.
It is also not possble to edit old drafts if restrict edit has elapsed since the creation of the save.
Autosave is definitively a nice new feature. However, I think it would be better if the counter for restrict edit time only started after the "submit" of the report and allowed edits to drafts no matter how old they are. As it is one needs to either set a really high value for restrict edit time or turn off autosave.
The issue seems to be related to: https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/68103

Regards

Kester

68175   Mon Nov 2 08:37:06 2015 Reply kenzo Abrahamskenzoabrahams@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.1Re: propogating messages through logbooks
>  
> > Hi Kenzo,
> > I think it would help me to understand your problem, if you would provide a minimal configuration file with two
> > logbooks.
> > 
> > There is no ELOG internal feature to propagate data from one logbook to another; 
> > using a shell script is the only method I know.
> > But you could easily put your script into the background: 
> > ELOG can handle multiple parallel request, by handling one request after the other.
> > 
> > Kind Regards, Andreas
> 
> Hi Andreas
> 
> Im using python to do the scripting. Everything works fine until it comes to submitting the entry to my logbook.
> The extractTable.py file is the one running the command to submit to elog.
> I see now that im starting a subprocess in my python script (subprocess.call) and thats why its not finishing.
> Could you perhaps suggest how I would go about doing this by putting my scripts in the
> background? I might have to look at multiprocessing in python as well. The reason im using python is because im
> doing alot of file processing as well. I do have to add that this method works perfectly when i just run the python
> on its own. As soon as i run it by submiting an elog entrie from the browser it hangs on the subprocess.call method.
> 
> Regards, Kenzo

Hi Andreas

I sorted my problem out, I had to use threading in python such that I can time the submissions to the elog server.
Everything works fine now. Thank you for the assistance.

Regards
Kenzo
  68174   Mon Nov 2 07:39:07 2015 Reply kenzo Abrahamskenzoabrahams@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.1Re: propogating messages through logbooks

> Hi Kenzo,
> I think it would help me to understand your problem, if you would provide a minimal configuration file with two
> logbooks.
> 
> There is no ELOG internal feature to propagate data from one logbook to another; 
> using a shell script is the only method I know.
> But you could easily put your script into the background: 
> ELOG can handle multiple parallel request, by handling one request after the other.
> 
> Kind Regards, Andreas

Hi Andreas

Im using python to do the scripting. Everything works fine until it comes to submitting the entry to my logbook.
The extractTable.py file is the one running the command to submit to elog.
I see now that im starting a subprocess in my python script (subprocess.call) and thats why its not finishing.
Could you perhaps suggest how I would go about doing this by putting my scripts in the
background? I might have to look at multiprocessing in python as well. The reason im using python is because im
doing alot of file processing as well. I do have to add that this method works perfectly when i just run the python
on its own. As soon as i run it by submiting an elog entrie from the browser it hangs on the subprocess.call method.

Regards, Kenzo
Attachment 1: elogd.cfg
[global]
Group Ithemba = Configuration, Maintenance
Group Maintenance = C1
port = 8080

[Configuration]
Theme = default
Comment = Current configuration of detectors
Attributes = Author, Subject
Preset Subject = Current Configuration
Required Attributes = Author
Locked Attributes = Author, Subject
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date
Execute new = $shell(echo "$message id" &> /usr/local/elog/logbooks/ID.txt; python /usr/local/elog/logbooks/lookupConfig.py; python /usr/local/elog/logbooks/extractTable.py)

[C1]
theme = default
Comment = Maintenance information for clover detector C1
Attributes = Author, Subject, Type
Options Type = Defects, Routine, Problem Fixed, Maintenance
Preset Author = $long_name 
Required Attributes = Author
Locked Attributes = Author
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date

Attachment 2: extractTable.py
#!/usr/bin/python

from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import sys
import re
import time
import csv
import subprocess

#time.sleep(2)

counter = 0
DetectorNum = 1
soup = BeautifulSoup(open('/usr/local/elog/logbooks/Table.html'), 'html5lib')

for table in soup.find_all('table'):
	for row in table.find_all('tr'):
		col = row.find_all('td')

Xia = col[0].string
		module = col[1].string
		channel = col[2].string
		name = col[3].string
		arrayPos = col[4].string
		panel = col[5].string

if counter == 0:
			titleList = (str(Xia), str(module), str(channel), str(name), str(arrayPos), str(panel))
			counter = counter + 1	
		else:	
			record = (str(Xia), str(module), str(channel), str(name), str(arrayPos), str(panel))

file = open('/usr/local/elog/logbooks/tableData', 'w')
			for i in range(len(titleList)):
				file.write(str(titleList[i])+" = "+str(record[i])+"\n")
			file.close()

DetName = "C"+str(DetectorNum)

subprocess.call(["elog", "-h", "localhost", "-p", "8080", "-l", DetName, "-u", "System", "password", "-a", "Author=System", "-a", "Subject=\"testing the auto writing of detectors\"", "-m", "/usr/local/elog/logbooks/tableData"])
			counter = counter + 1
			DetectorNum = DetectorNum + 1
  68173   Fri Oct 30 18:20:22 2015 Entry Kester Habermannkester.habermann@gmail.comBug reportAll3.1.1restrict edit time and autosave

Hello,

When using restrict edit time together with autosave, there is the following problem: The counter for restrict edit time seems to start after the autosave. If the time is up, it is no longer possible to submit the report.
It is also not possble to edit old drafts if restrict edit has elapsed since the creation of the save.
Autosave is definitively a nice new feature. However, I think it would be better if the counter for restrict edit time only started after the "submit" of the report and allowed edits to drafts no matter how old they are. As it is one needs to either set a really high value for restrict edit time or turn off autosave.
The issue seems to be related to: https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/68103

Regards

Kester

68172   Fri Oct 30 15:52:33 2015 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.1Re: propogating messages through logbooks
> Hi there
> 
> Okay so let me explain what im trying to do. I have a table in a logbook (lets call it home) that the user fills
> out. This information in the table is related to other logbooks (8 of them to be exact).
> I want to propogate information from the table in the home logbook into the other logbooks. To do this I used
> Execute new which runs my scripts. One of the scripts makes a call to the elog
> client to submit the message. The problem is that this call to elog client never finishes because its hanging
> waiting for the initial submit (one which triggered Execute new) to finish. The documentation
> explained that only one submit can be processed at a time so i expected whats happening at the moment.
> 
> My question is are there any other ways to do what im trying to do?? In a nutshell how to propogate information
> from one logbook to another autonomously.
> 
> Regards
> Kenzo

Hi Kenzo,
I think it would help me to understand your problem, if you would provide a minimal configuration file with two
logbooks.

There is no ELOG internal feature to propagate data from one logbook to another; 
using a shell script is the only method I know.
But you could easily put your script into the background: 
ELOG can handle multiple parallel request, by handling one request after the other.

Kind Regards, Andreas
  68171   Thu Oct 29 12:30:43 2015 Question kenzo Abrahamskenzoabrahams@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.1propogating messages through logbooks
Hi there

Okay so let me explain what im trying to do. I have a table in a logbook (lets call it home) that the user fills
out. This information in the table is related to other logbooks (8 of them to be exact).
I want to propogate information from the table in the home logbook into the other logbooks. To do this I used
Execute new which runs my scripts. One of the scripts makes a call to the elog
client to submit the message. The problem is that this call to elog client never finishes because its hanging
waiting for the initial submit (one which triggered Execute new) to finish. The documentation
explained that only one submit can be processed at a time so i expected whats happening at the moment.

My question is are there any other ways to do what im trying to do?? In a nutshell how to propogate information
from one logbook to another autonomously.

Regards
Kenzo
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886