Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 197 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68161   Tue Oct 27 11:14:16 2015 Reply kenzo Abrahamskenzoabrahams@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.1Re: running more then one shell command when new entries is submitted

The reason why im asking if it can be done using the Execute option is because I need to have the message id of the entry that was submitted and in an external script i dont have access to the variable

kenzo Abrahams wrote:

Hi

Im just curious is it possible to run more then one command using Execute new = <command> or will i have to run a script to run muliple commands.

I tried using '&&' to seperate more then one command but it seems that the first one only gets executed and the rest are just ignored.

Regards

Kenzo

68160   Tue Oct 27 11:03:49 2015 Question kenzo Abrahamskenzoabrahams@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.1running more then one shell command when new entries is submitted

Hi

Im just curious is it possible to run more then one command using Execute new = <command> or will i have to run a script to run muliple commands.

I tried using '&&' to seperate more then one command but it seems that the first one only gets executed and the rest are just ignored.

Regards

Kenzo

68159   Tue Oct 27 09:26:56 2015 Reply Julian Browerjulian.brower@stfc.ac.ukQuestionWindowsLatestRe: How can we calculate and display the difference between two time entries on a log entry

Stefan, I am not an expert in this field so I wondered how one goes about finding someone to write this and how one amends the soruce code? Is that allowed?  Is it a feature than may be of use for other users? Julian

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Unfortunately elog cannot do calculations based on certain fields. You could however add some Javascript code (via "Bottom text = ..." for example), which does that. But that requires JavaScript knowledge to do so.

Julian Brower wrote:

See drawing below: We have a beam on and a beam off time. We want to fill in the lost time automaticaaly. Please can you help? Julian

68158   Mon Oct 26 16:48:51 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowsLatestRe: How can we calculate and display the difference between two time entries on a log entry

Unfortunately elog cannot do calculations based on certain fields. You could however add some Javascript code (via "Bottom text = ..." for example), which does that. But that requires JavaScript knowledge to do so.

Julian Brower wrote:

See drawing below: We have a beam on and a beam off time. We want to fill in the lost time automaticaaly. Please can you help? Julian

68157   Mon Oct 26 15:24:44 2015 Entry Julian Browerjulian.brower@stfc.ac.ukQuestionWindowsLatestHow can we calculate and display the difference between two time entries on a log entry

Attachment 1: Log_time_entry.jpg
Log_time_entry.jpg
  68156   Mon Oct 26 15:20:44 2015 Entry Julian Browerjulian.brower@stfc.ac.ukQuestionWindowslatestPlease advise on how to set up selective email notification on logbooks

Please advise on how to set up selective email notification on logbooks; We want to send an email to specific people when an event that involves them is entered? 

At the moment, we currently get an email entry for every new logbook entry. Thanks

68155   Mon Oct 26 12:26:03 2015 Reply kenzo Abrahamskenzoabrahams@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.1Re: Logging entries from the command line

Hi Stephan I got it to work for some reason elog was complaining that my encoding of the message wasnt allowed. I allowed the lognook to allow ELcode and it works perfectly.

Thank you for the help.

kenzo Abrahams wrote:

Yes I can it works perfectly from the browser.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

This indicates that the username/password is not correct. Can you log in to that logbook in your browser with the username "John" and password "Blue"?

kenzo Abrahams wrote:

Hi Stephan

The error message I get is "Error: Command Submit not allowed". I dont know if this might be an issue but it says Response Recieved: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in the first line of the servers response

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Run the elog command with an additional -v flag (verbose output), and you will see what the elogd server return. It's HTML, but you should be able to see some error message.

kenzo Abrahams wrote:

Good Afternoon

Im trying to automatically post an entry using information saved in a text file. I have followed the example in the users guide but i always seem to get a error message saying transmission failed. Lets say for instance I have a user named John and his password is Blue and he wants to log into a logbook called home from a textfile the command im using to log a message from the file is

elog -h localhost -p 8080 -u John Blue -l home -a Author=John -m textfile

I cant seem to figure out why i keep getting this error message. I even tried deleting the password file because i thought it might be an authentication issue.

Can anybody assist me please it would be much appreciated.

Regards

68154   Mon Oct 26 12:17:40 2015 Reply kenzo Abrahamskenzoabrahams@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.1Re: Logging entries from the command line

Yes I can it works perfectly from the browser.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

This indicates that the username/password is not correct. Can you log in to that logbook in your browser with the username "John" and password "Blue"?

kenzo Abrahams wrote:

Hi Stephan

The error message I get is "Error: Command Submit not allowed". I dont know if this might be an issue but it says Response Recieved: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in the first line of the servers response

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Run the elog command with an additional -v flag (verbose output), and you will see what the elogd server return. It's HTML, but you should be able to see some error message.

kenzo Abrahams wrote:

Good Afternoon

Im trying to automatically post an entry using information saved in a text file. I have followed the example in the users guide but i always seem to get a error message saying transmission failed. Lets say for instance I have a user named John and his password is Blue and he wants to log into a logbook called home from a textfile the command im using to log a message from the file is

elog -h localhost -p 8080 -u John Blue -l home -a Author=John -m textfile

I cant seem to figure out why i keep getting this error message. I even tried deleting the password file because i thought it might be an authentication issue.

Can anybody assist me please it would be much appreciated.

Regards

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886