Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 198 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   edit templates from config page, posted by Stefano Lacaprara on Thu Jun 14 13:12:02 2018 
Dear all,
  I have some logbook which uses preset text depending on some option values, and uses text files for this.
    icon2.gif   Re: number of entries in Login user list, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jun 14 13:17:33 2018 
Well, many arrays based on MAX_N_LIST are created on the heap memory, and if you exceed that, elogd simply crashes. There are compile options to increase
the stack and heap size, but that depends on the operating system and the compiler. The value of 100 has been proven to work everywhere. If you increase
it, you're on your own.
    icon2.gif   Re: edit templates from config page, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jun 14 13:20:26 2018 
> Dear all,
>   I have some logbook which uses preset text depending on some option values, and uses text files for this.
    icon2.gif   Re: edit templates from config page, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Thu Jun 14 18:17:07 2018 
> Dear all,
>   I have some logbook which uses preset text depending on some option values, and uses text files for this.
    icon2.gif   Re: edit templates from config page, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jun 14 19:17:41 2018 
As always, Andreas has clever ideas. Never thought about this possibility.

Stefan
icon5.gif   Changing of entries after expired time restriction by synchronisation, posted by Gino Guenzburger on Thu Aug 16 13:33:39 2018 
I'm working on setting up an elog as lab-journal in our group with the following set-up:

The elog is running on a server, with no back-end access for the users.
Multiple people will use it, all loging in with the
same user-name and password.
The entries submitted to the log-book can only be edited for 24hours, as defined by the "Restrict edit time=
icon4.gif   Compile issues on Fedora withe current elog source, posted by Allen Tuttle on Tue Sep 11 19:46:40 2018 
Tried compiling on FC27 and 28, both result in binaries but with serious issues; writing data larger than then allowed.
Example output:

make 
gcc -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations
    icon2.gif   Re: Compile issues on Fedora withe current elog source, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Sep 12 11:10:18 2018 
This warning is triggered by the use of the sprintf() funciton, which can write beyond the boundary of the destination string. I replaced it by snprintf(),
which should make the compiler happy. Code is committed. Unfortuantely I have no FC27 here, so if there is still some waring with the current code, please
post the full warning list here.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886